Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.8

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks I will fix that and re-upload it with the new version as 2.9.1 I will edit this post when I have updated.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

are the era of myths in ageless? i would check, but 1.9.1 is not yet up and i deleted 1.8 before i downloaded the new one and found out that it wasn't working and why.

I'm assuming they are, as the era of myths uses ae so and so.

so, my comment: the warg are overpowered. they have movement that is, on average, much to good. they move in forest like elves and hills and mountains like orcs. They are also do very good damage, and have decent hp. something must be done!

2 do a comparison: the warrior warg does more damage, is faster, has more hp and better defenses and better resists than the orc grunt. the only thing that makes it more is that it's 4 gold more expensive. i think they should change the warg. This will also be posted on the EOM forum.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Sorry it took so long. They have been fix hopefully. I will look at the warg tomorrow. I am going to bed.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Huston

Post by Huston »

huh. cool i only just realized that the welkin were added to this era. i helped code the era of the future if you need any help coding pm me.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

the welkin are overpowered:
pyrotation does as much as most lvl 3's, the sage is 2 low a lvl 2 have heal 8 and cure. just compare him 2 the elf shamen: better heals, better damage (by a bit)
his advancements on the elder sage side do much to much damage as a healer. his lvl 2 form is equal 2 elf sylph.
the sentinal of the moon is too strong to have steadfast.
his sunny counterpart has the melee and range of a lvl 1, which i find a but unfair, but then again he only goes 2 lvl 2 so it's kind of balanced.

the primeval are screwed up a bit: the apprentice does impact damage with dagger, which makes u think he's using the wrong end, and the priam does not lvl up into the hector. The primeval also don't have any pierce at all, a bit of a problem.

the anakes have one huge flaw: the spellcaster becomes a wizard. a CELESTIAL wizard. they also still don't have plague but are other wise ok.

the drakes: nice changes with the saurians, but i don't think they are necessary. the husk should be a lvl 0 or should cost less, the brave is just a weaker version of the drake fighter at lvl one but could maybe stay. i personnally think you could just make the saurian skirmisher advance into a saurian warrior, but you are missing out on one key point: the saurians are a weak race. if these tiny lizard men suddenly get a unit as strong as a royal guard, something is wrong. their strenghts should be on deciet and movement adn other trickory, not beating the other guy until they die.
the saurian gladiator faces the same problem, with a bonus: he is much too similar to the drake clasher-> drake gladiator. the same with different resists and defence. he has to go, at least from drakes. keep him and the other saurian guys in free saurians.

the purpose of the husk is to add backstab to the faction. just add another trait useable only by saurians: sneaky. these saurians get backstab and possibly a hiding ability like nightstalk or sloughbend, like the saurian trainees used to do.

the yokia: a confusing race. it has 2 many lvl 0's in my opinion, most of which aren't recruitable and some of which can't be used at all, and some of which should be there only as a lvl 0 form, not the feyborn witch love potion is useless unless u give it something like plague or slow.
make the lamia a water creature as well, so it can swim in deep water but still have 40 % def in both deep and shallow water. on the subject of the lamia, firstrike with a dagger???? it must have really fast reflexes. change this to backstab.
maybe you should add the sporeling, a walking fungus that is actually identical to the woss in every way exept for image.
these guys need help. my suggestions: instead of making the weaver widow a crappy almost useless poisoner, give it a sword and make it an infantry unit. let it lvl up but don't strengthen the web and poison attacks, or if you do not by much. the kodama is completely pointless, remove it. the spriggan is fine. the weaver matriach could be an archer type unit.

what bothers me most is that this faction has very few standard units, and only one that goes up to lvl 3. the others would be auxilaries in any other faction, used occasionaly to poison, sneak behink enemy lines and to provide a supporting fighter.

and, mnewton, don't overwork urself. recruit another helper, maybe one on each era that is in the ageless era, and use ur awsome leadership 2 lvl up juan.
Huston

Post by Huston »

wesfreak wrote:the welkin are overpowered:
this is what the Era of the Future balancing/feedback thread is for. the welkin are from it. before i can rebalance them i need more feedback as to how they are unbalanced. of course this helps. I helped code the Era of the Future.
as for the welkin being overpowered as a whole faction. I could raise the cost of the level 1 units depending on which ones are more powerful than most other level 1's
wesfreak wrote: pyrotation does as much as most lvl 3's, the sage is 2 low a lvl 2 have heal 8 and cure. just compare him 2 the elf shamen: better heals, better damage (by a bit)
the sage is a level 1, and i agree with you that it should not heal+8. I will probably make it heal+4 instead.
wesfreak wrote: his advancements on the elder sage side do much to much damage as a healer. his lvl 2 form is equal 2 elf sylph.
I disagree with you here. The elder sage doesn't do too much damage for a level 2 healer. Compare him to the White Mage. he does pretty much the same amount of damage as it.
wesfreak wrote: the sentinal of the moon is too strong to have steadfast.
the sentinal of the moon is a level 2 unit and is supposed to be powerful. didn't you read it's description?

Code: Select all

description= _ "The Sentinel of the Moon are known and revered for their strength and prowess during battle. Still they protect Thoth and still they grow stronger. When attacked these soldiers have been trained to prevent the enemy at any and all costs! These Welkin are so loyal to Thoth that they continue to fight during the hours of the day, and have acquired so much strength that there is no difference in their fighting capabilities in battle during the day or night."+{SPECIAL_NOTES}+{SPECIAL_NOTES_STEADFAST}
and if all the armor it's wearing doesn't give it the steadfast ability then what does?

now the Luna Protector which is level 1 and advances to the sentinel of the moon, is a bit overpowered in terms of it melee attack. it is the only level 1 unit i know of that has 3 attacks of 7 damage each for it's melee attack.
wesfreak wrote: his sunny counterpart has the melee and range of a lvl 1, which i find a but unfair, but then again he only goes 2 lvl 2 so it's kind of balanced.
how do you figure? his opposite/counterpart or whatever you want to call it is the Golden Guard and in general they are evenly matched.

Golden Guard(level 2):
melee= 7 damage, 5 attacks (total 35 damage)
ranged= 6 damage, 4 attacks (total 24 damage)

Sentinel of the Moon(level 2)
melee= 8 damage, 4 attacks (total 24 damage)
ranged= 5 damage, 3 attacks (total 15 damage)

Sentinal of the Moon's advancement (Thoths Bulwark)
melee= 9 damage, 5 attacks (total 45 damage)
ranged= 7 damage, 3 attacks (total 21 damage)

so in retrospect i guess the only thing is there should have been a level 3 version of the Golden Guard's line. But they are pretty well balanced with eachother.
wesfreak wrote: and, mnewton, don't overwork urself. recruit another helper, maybe one on each era that is in the ageless era, and use ur awsome leadership 2 lvl up juan.
as previously stated i am willing to help and i have already been contacted by mnewton.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

the white mage doesnt have an uber powerfull lvl 4 form. he does nearly as much as the lvl 4 great mage and he heals.

i meant that it is too low a lvl to have healing. i know he is a lvl one.

the royal guards are elite guards, supposedly the best of the best, they aren't overpowered. the heavy infantry men have loads of armor and they don't have steadfast.
I only just looked at the resists of the thoth's bulwark. he has almost none. the steadfast is almost pointless. he has too much hp as well. 92 hp is more than the 80 that a lvl 4 dwarf runelord (from an add on) has, and much more than an average lvl 3 human or dwarf.

also, if he is a defender, then he shouldn't deal so much damage.

the golden guards are supposed to be "the most steadfast of the entire army of aten". they also have a bit too much hitpoints with 85.

the hierarch of aten is also a bit too strong if you ask me, with one more strike than the great mage doing the same amount of damage. i pity the dwarves who stand in the way of these mages.
Huston

Post by Huston »

yes i noticed that he has too much hp. especially when you couple that with 45 damage able to be dealt out by it. i figured eventually that i'd lower the unit's health. if you'd like to balance them feel free, to change anything about the way they are coded. just pm me the zip containing the files you changed. i won't be able to balance them until next week sometime.

4th of July and my birthday this weekend. and i need to go up to the college i'm going to this fall semester in order to register for classes among other things i need to do.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

the welkin are a type of elf race that has grown wings to fly, far in the future of wesnoth. it just seems somewhat odd that any elven unit would have staedfast since they are, well, a type of elves. also, steadfast and firststrike is a bit of a reach. If they are wearing all that armor for the steadfast ability, how can they be fast enough to strike first every time? also, when they level up to their level 3 form, their max hp increases by 38. that's huge, elite guards or not.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Huston

Post by Huston »

you are absolutely right Pentarctagon, but like i stated previously i won't be able to get around to fixing this until next week because i have some RealLife stuff i need to take care of.

i'll be on the forums every so often during the day but mostly only at night. until monday.
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

i know, but i figured that i should still give feedback for when you do update the faction.
tvrtko

Post by tvrtko »

I noticed that the Warlocks' fighter has "no counterattack" in description, but doesn't in the actual game. Also, the game can't find few of the Drakes unit.
"Worms are better than me." - Homer Simpson
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I have delt with some of these. I do not have my computer right now so I can't look for the problems. I should be on tonigh or tommorow night. Thanks a lot for your feedback wesfreak, Pentarctagon, and tvrtko
Creator of Ageless Era
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

a suggestion: give the kitsune in the yokai faction a fire attack (fox-fire), if only for mythological accuracy. "Kitsune-bi (fox-fire), glowing balls carried by kitsune, or foxes, in Japanese folklore.", quoted directly from wikipedia :D . also, like wesfreak said, there are very few high leveled units for this faction and kitsune can have anywhere from 1-9 tails, so perhaps:
one-tail=level 1
three-tails=level 2
six-tails=level 3
nine-tails=level 4

the level one form could be directly recruitable and would not level up from a feyborn. also, the tengu could level up into a siren (fighter) or a caladria (healer).
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

That is a good idea. I have not had much time to mess with the Yokai faction. I will get a lot more work done after moday. I am at a relitives house to celebrate a cousin gradutaing from high school. I will not have to much time to work. I am planning a lot of stuff :shock: I have Huston and Juan- They have been very helpful. But I am still very busy. I will be back on a lot on tuesday and so on.
Creator of Ageless Era