Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.7

Post by mnewton1 »

I am sorry for not posting... at all. I have been bogged down with school work and I have just gotten some free time. The next release will probably only have Era of Magic completely updated and I might get a few bug fixes in, but that will probably be it.

I might also add Era of Four Moons if enough people say they want it. So, who want me to added Era of Four Moons?

EDIT: Oh, and I would only add the fur factions with completed artwork.
Last edited by mnewton1 on March 23rd, 2011, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

I do
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

why not i guess
and while you're at it maybe you can see what's wrong with the slavers plague ability? Somehow it didn't work at all when trying it out in the scrolling survival, but started getting oos ever since i tried it. Some of their units could also use some buffing up - the prodder for instance could use a damage point up to be at least as strong as a loyalist spearman. Still won't have its ranged attack nor first strike which should be ok with the 1 coin price difference
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

Sounds like ya might not have the time to fix this right now, but the ancient phantom vapor should cost at least 4 gold, and I think 5 would be better. As is, someone can make an army of 2/3 vapors with the real units being primarily spearmen in the front line and if used offensively, such an army is almost unstoppable.
To put it in perspective, each vapor costs 3 gold, but has the full damage, movement, and other abilities of a regular unit, including one trait. Also, 3/4 of the vapors (spearman, archer, or dancer) have at least 5 moves, with water being the only terrain which takes 2 movement points. Thus as long as there is any enemy units within 10 hexes of the keep, they can make it into battle successfully without dissipating. Once in battle, if used carefully, they are certain to get a full attack in without any chance of being killed, which alone would pay for the 3 gold spent on them, but then as it is impossible to tell which unit is a vapor without hitting it on offense, a vapor will often survive to attack several times, and if upgraded, becomes a real, level 2 unit. Not only that, but a unit only gains 1 xp for destroying a vapor on the offense, and only gets the full 8 xp if they kill it while defending
Because of their cost, Vapors can be recruited at least 3 per turn in a regular game, which allows an ancient phantom player to totally overrun his opponent, especially if they don't catch on quickly that they are using vapor masses. If they were to cost 5 gold it would hopefully curb this.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

For me Era of Four Moons is ok to add to the ageless :O
IPS

Post by IPS »

no problem for adding era of four moons and era of two suns, why not? :D
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I have added Era of Four Moons.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Before you release, let me send you some updates to the abilities that will make them more stable.

I should be able to get access to my main computer in a couple hours.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I have added the updates you sent me and they will be in the next release.

Ageless Era will be released after I update Era of Magic.
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

That is an amazing announcement :P
IPS

Post by IPS »

checking default era, the only units what are leader units are those what moves 5 or 6 each turn. Units with high movement points has the adventage to help more often their recruits in the battlefield; I do not see just what few factions has in their leader list units what can move the double than others; an example the Desert explorer againist the desert fighter.

Another thing, the desert elvish archers are a bit worse than the normal ones; I know their fighters are superior and have highger price, but the archer is worse and isn't cheaper.

Another stuff, the desert elves does not have anything good with impact atack, does not have magical atacks or something with fire or cold or arcane, they are not clever :(
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I think you should add Era of Two Suns to Ageless.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
IPS

Post by IPS »

cheeking agless era for a while, I checked the clocwork dwarves continue having weakness to energy, thing what in ageless does not exist now. Also, must be more fair to change that energy weakness to fire; like how was done the change of elements from energy units to fire.
mystic x the unknown

Post by mystic x the unknown »

Hello there. I'd suggest removing the annoying pop-up that goes up everytime a game starts. It's just changelog and some sort of call for feedback there. Now the amount of extra feedback this would provide seems pretty low, yet the feature remains a nuisance for everyone.
You could just move it to a right-click item where the small minority of players interested in the changelog could still comfortably access it.
you are not gonna make it
Karo

Post by Karo »

Regarding Brungar:
Huston wrote:they seem overpowered although they really aren't because they are handicapped outside of being on water or swamp
Not really: they have 50% on a lot of the most common defensive terrains, like hills and mountains, and even less common terrain like cave tiles. Unlike mermen from EE and Default, they have full 60% defense on all villages, rather than only water ones. They have typical dwarven resistance as well, along with the large health pool, but without the limitation of range that the dwarves of default do. This makes their 30% defense on flat, which they share with other dwarves, pretty negligible, especially when they can hit hard in retaliation if they are caught on bad terrain.