Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

roydebatzen

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.10

Post by roydebatzen »

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the visibilty of units in the ageless era in the multiplayer mode. My Wesnoth version is 1.10.6 - win32.
I have already reinstalled the program, while I dleted the section in ../user/appdata and ../user/documents/wesnoth before,
otherwise the programm works just fine, except that the graphics of the units are in the ageless era are not shown at all, they are transparent.
I am using a Lenovo x200t Notebook with Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, so this can be a problem, because there are many graphics handler in it, but anyway:

Has anybody an idea how to fix this? Again I tried to deinstall, delete both folders and reinstall, while wesnoth working but ageless chars stay transparent(invisible).

Thx in advance and great work guys.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

roydebatzen: As in every single unit? Can you try another era such as the Era of Myths and tell me if you experience it with that era as well?

Also, welcome to the forums!
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
roydebatzen

Post by roydebatzen »

Hi, I tried another era and it doesn't work aswell. Next I try in virtual machine, has anybody some clue what to do?
roydebatzen

Post by roydebatzen »

Hey, so my virtual machine is much too slow, too even try installing wesnoth, could somebody please help me? It's my favourite game, and there is nothing bether than playing ageless random in ti :)
roydebatzen

Post by roydebatzen »

Ok here my workaround, "eyes only":
Store userdata in install folder.

Sorry for the mess, great era.

Thx Roy
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Maybe you wish to add some units from Starcraft :D, it would be funny? As this one here http://steeljoe.deviantart.com/art/Pixel-Lure-359048445
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ever heard of the license issues that would arrive after doing that, man?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

He could allways create something similar to this, not use images from the game, but developed from scratch.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ageless is merely a mashup from many eras, so that you can play them together. The maintainer of Ageless does not make the graphics or unit codes himself, so it is totally out of place to ask him anything like this anyway.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

ChaosRider wrote:He could allways create something similar to this, not use images from the game, but developed from scratch.
It's not allowed to even base your era/campaign on copyrighted material, even if you don't use anything directly from the source.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

I am not sure do i understand you well, i cant create something similar to ultralisk cause i seen it in someother game? So if we go on this idea then we wont be able to do anything, cause i dont know any person who could know how create (for example) dwarf without reading, hearing, or vision in some games. In the past, someone invented some characters like dwarves, elves, orcs. Each of them has its own characteristics, one is larger another smaller. The same with ultralisks or other forms of Starcraft, also have their individual characteristics, one has more teeth other less, and I see no reason to why can not we create a similar form to them?
alluton

Post by alluton »

Well dwarves and elves, for example, are very old fictional characters known by many trought the ages. They aren't copyrighted material by anyone. That is why so many fantasy games/boos/films/etc use them.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Evropi

Post by Evropi »

Does anyone have a list of the most powerful units? My group has recently started playing SX RPG with Ageless Era, but only one person is very familiar with it and he is not always around. It would be great if anyone could tell me what the best units are in Ageless RPG Era.
I am the maintainer of Temples of the nagas, the greatest 4-player co-op survival scenario in the universe!
Evropi

Post by Evropi »

Found a bug. It could be SX interfering, but this was before we picked class and weapons abilities and so on.
Spoiler:
I am the maintainer of Temples of the nagas, the greatest 4-player co-op survival scenario in the universe!
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Evropi wrote:Found a bug. It could be SX interfering, but this was before we picked class and weapons abilities and so on.
Spoiler:
That's SX causing it.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.