Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

-stf-

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.10

Post by -stf- »

The cfg file Lady_Siren.cfg is missing line {AMLA_DEFAULT)

Edit: Ok, it's for Ageless devs, players will cause OOS in multiplayer games unless everybody does the same or it's changed in scenario start/recruit/advancement event. It's ok for campaigns.
Last edited by -stf- on March 20th, 2012, 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

How do I change that? And even if I do, it will only be a localised change, right? Everyone else would still have the buggy version. Does that mean that we better wait until the next update comes up then ? Changing it myself would cause OOS to the others instead.
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Narcissus-Pontius

Post by Narcissus-Pontius »

In the Khthon faction, the lvl up for the Terrapin is unavailable and crashes any game. Is there anyway to fix that?
-stf-

Post by -stf- »

Narcissus-Pontius wrote:In the Khthon faction, the lvl up for the Terrapin is unavailable and crashes any game. Is there anyway to fix that?
Either taking it from the original era, changing the id and copying all required images or changing the line advances_to=AE Bone Snapper into advances_to=null. Again, it's only solution for campaigns as it will cause OOS in multiplayer unless everybody does the same change or it's changed in start/recruit/advancement event. So it's on Ageless devs to choose how to fix it.
Morath

Post by Morath »

Seems to be a small bug with at least the Cold Matriarch animations. There is an image that is a yellow bolt used in both the idle animation and as her ranged attack whose tranparency is probably done wrong; instead of a transparent background, the background is a red square. I noticed this while playing a game of coloseum with ageless era.

If I had to guess, I'd say the image with the problem is: add-ons\Ageless_Era\images\halo\zmage-halo3.png
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Morath wrote:Seems to be a small bug with at least the Cold Matriarch animations.
Looks like this

Narcissus-Pontius

Can you guys fix that in the next update though? Just take note? @Khthon error
IPS

Post by IPS »

Necromantic in oracle faction from mercenaries era is indeed overpowered o.O

Necromantic
5-3 mele impact plague
18-2 ranged cold magical

hp: 58
movement: 5
Cost: 40

I think it's stats are too high for a lv2 unit, it deals more dammage than the necromancer (lv3) from the undead faction in default era. I think, the oracle faction needs to be checked with patience.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

feudal ceressian leage
The Champion tries to lvl past lvl 3 so EP goes over limit.
feudal high elves
Melee Cavalry has no pircture. only the charger version is ok.
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

@ IPS: the necromantic is certainly very strong and may deserve a nerf, but it is only accessible by upgrading a level 0 unit and is pretty much useless vs anything with heavy cold resist making it weaker then it appears at first glance. As for it being weaker then the level 3 undead necromancer, that is hardly a fair comparison seeing that is the weakest mage in default.
IPS

Post by IPS »

AlaskanAvenger wrote:@ IPS: the necromantic is certainly very strong and may deserve a nerf, but it is only accessible by upgrading a level 0 unit and is pretty much useless vs anything with heavy cold resist making it weaker then it appears at first glance. As for it being weaker then the level 3 undead necromancer, that is hardly a fair comparison seeing that is the weakest mage in default.
also ... a mage unit that has more hp than most of lv2 mele warrior units? I'm not sure at all if the faction balance should be done rightly for survivals or not, but the necromantic can be picked as leader in the oracle faction. The most criticable stuff actually is the lots of health that the necromantic has for being a mage unit.

A thing that is really unfair at this is the comparation of the carvenei dwarves and the knalgan dwarves. We know that the dwarves of the knalgan faction have recived some nerfs while wesnoth was updating... but we should look at this:

Carvernei 2 mainline units compared to the same 2 mainline units in Knalgan faction
- Dwarvish fighter in carvernei has 42 hp instead of 38 hp in the knalgan faction in 1.10
- Dwarvish thunderer has 1 more movement point and 36 hp instead 34 hp in the knalgan faction in 1.10

This point I think it values a lot, because 2 units in different factions meant to be the same, but in a faction those units are more stronger than in the other faction; as their level up does too. So yeah, you can get easly a faction that has almost the same recruits than other faction but with stronger recruits than the other one... simply must be checked carefully.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

Just a technical note: What about to add ageless to units.wesnoth.org? We will be able to discover such issues quickly
Narcissus-Pontius

Will there be a fix for the notorious Statesman error?
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

AlaskanAvenger wrote:As for it being weaker then the level 3 undead necromancer, that is hardly a fair comparison seeing that is the weakest mage in default.
the necro is in no way weak.

and thus not the weakest mage in default
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
lanceleau2

Post by lanceleau2 »

There are 2 bugs from first ageless Era to the current one (4.10) who never had been fixed :

- Eotf Brungar : Leviathan, lvl 4 : "Error Parsing index : corrupted original file" when trying to watch description on last level.
- AE Calydonian Humans : Hipparch, lvl2 : same error message

Will there be a fix of this bugs ?
I see ageless evolving with new units and changes in units but still with the same bugs.

Maybe making a stable version of ageless era before adding new features can be a good idea too, no ? :)
By the way these bugs had been reported like a hundreds of time with no fix...

If Nobody wants to fix this, how can I do if I want to do it myself if I want to help ?