Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.15

Post by Ravana »

Unless new issues arise, I will release tomorrow.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.16

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.16 is out on the 1.12 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.16:
* Units and Factions
    * Ukian Witch has two variations, accessible through AMLA (as opposed to a level 4 branch)
    * New units: Dwarvish Plainsmaster, Devlings Little Ninja, Ninja, Grand Hero and Grand Chief
* Graphics
    * New images from Archaic Era
    * Portraits for the Elementals
    * New sprites for many Era of Myths units
    * More animations for the Devlings
* Balance
    * Yokai, Emperors Guard, units with backstab, Floating Swords, Ukian Civilian
* Bug Fixes
    * Formation reducing resistance values
    * Missing sounds
* Other
    * Partial translations for some languages [experimental]
    * General EoM update
Full notes
*wargs: shadow fixes
*fenrir uses the sprite from tommy2teeth
*replaced broken mace.ogg with mace.wav
*simpilied windsongs sunburst animation wml
*removed old/unused EoM files
*celestials got an own unit-group-icon, and removed a few pixels from the devlings ones
*added missing #enddef in universal-mainline-strings.cfg
removed AE_myh_therians_Falcon_Therian,AE_myh_therians_Falcon,AE_myh_therians_Therian_Cat,AE_myh_therians_Therian_Wildcat,AE_myh_vampires_Vampire_Bat,AE_myh_vampires_Blood_Bat,AE_myh_vampires_Dread_Bat,AE_myh_vampires_Succubus,AE_myh_vampires_Mistress,AE_myh_vampires_Duchess
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25274&p=598319#p598319 striker and lunar explorer
vector readded to terrapin and horse
ukian civilian too good
IPS yokai viewtopic.php?p=598912#p598912
Floating swords: All physical resistances to 65% (taking away a total of 15% resistance points, doesn't make that much diference in non orocia maps; also this raise the damage that swords take from physical weapons by like 16.667% more (1/6 extra more because total damage taken from 30% to 35%). They have 23 health points, which for those resistances is very durable.
Magic Sword: Apart of resistances, would decrease their health from 32 to 27; to make their health more similar to Lv2 ghost lines.
Possesded sword: Consdering their higher weakness to arcane could say that this sword can have 70% to physical resists; but having the same health nerf than Magic swords at health, hp from 30 to 26.
Shifing sword: Apart of the physical resistance nerf, would decrease its health from 33 to 28; considering it has regen.
Enchanted Sword: Enchanted sword has a way too much health for ghost like resistances, would sugest to nerf its health from 40 to 34.
Shadow Blade: Those resistances and drains, very durable. Like possesed sword would leave it with its original resistances just to only diferenciate more to ghosts from Shadow Blade. But decreasing their health to 30.
Excalibur: Well, this one is a way too tought. Apart it has very good 11-5 magical mele blade, would nerf it's health from 55 to 42 hp.
Warrior Spirit: Ghost like unit with 60% physical resistance and 6-3 mele drain, mmmm.... disbalanced. Would nerf their resistance to 55% at all phyiscal and decreasing their mele to 5-3; they're still a very good choice for survival maps because of being more resistant than ghost are and with better draining power (2 hp drain againist humans regardless of the time of the day, ghost has only 1 hp drain except at night!)
Vallhallan: Mele damage to 9-3 and health to 27 to standarize better with other ghosts; still that 55% physical resistance is still powerful.รง
Desert Ranger: mele from 7-3 to 6-3 considering he has an useful 6-4 bow (I don't want to imagine that 18-3 backstab at day time even without strong trait!)
Desert Avenger: mele from 10-3 to 8-3, if backstab and strong in daytime can deal 22-3 (compared to the frantic 26-3 without changes).
Temptress: mele from 7-3 backstab to 6-3 considering she has 2-4 poison ranged.
Siren: Mele from 10-3 backstab to 8-3 consdering she has 6-5 poison ranged.
Quenoth Assasin: Same reassons than Siren (poison in ranged). Mele from 10-3 to 9-3.
Striker: Previously mentionated in a post of mine at being notably overpowered. 9-2 mele backstab & 6-3 ranged backstab; considering it can deal the same damage at mele/ranged backstab with 2 diferent amount of strikes/damage.
Nightwing: would decrease its mele from 11-3 to 10-3 backstab.
Cultist: mele damage from 4-4 to 3-4 backstab.
Overt: mele damage from 7-4 to 5-4 backstab; with strong trait and night time it can actually deal actually 20-4 at night!; lower damage than the other option considering he has more health.
Cleaner: Mele damage from 8-5 backstab to 7-5.
Executioner: Mele damage from 16-2 backstab to 14-2 (isn't 40-2 backstab scary at night? it's actually working as this! even without strong trait)
Ukian Witch has two variations, accessible through AMLA (as opposed to a level 4 branch)
adamantine line loses impact resist when advancing
make bone snapper line useful too, and their shell hp, adamantine shell hp is also lower
increase ancient cyclops xp
trapdoor spider fire
stone warrior damage 2->3
sidhe veiledblade too high xp -> to 76
[IPS]
improve cult waiter - lowered xp
contestant 50% castle
ME mercenaries sniper is weak - +1mp
ME mercenaries maneuverer lower damage, but less xp
lesser wind daemon -2hp, regen to 4, maybe +1mp
[/IPS]
frogman should have better def in water
fatal tangle description says slowing should be ranged
BEEM daemons castle def
remove taraxippon from leader list, but give some more hp too
gnat-fly resists change
primeval line breaker level 3 has too high damage
orderling scholar description tab
flying fortress too much hp, too low xp
master of water amla xp
Summoner Initiate changed to AE_chs_elementals_Summoner_Initiate
Grand Summoner xp to 140
ABILITY_AE_FORMATION second block needs filter of value less than 50%
AE_CHS__ABILITY_RESURGENCE_BASE change id
equestrian paladin halo
enthrallment better description, like leader? village?
mechanic aoe damage on miss should match description
have blade attack for level 3 lamia as well
Also, could Contestant Lines have normal highlander defenses? also I would take away most of his bonus health (maybe to something like 42 -> 33 but with better terrain defenses? same for all his level ups, Stonethrower hp 58 -> 44, Rocklauncher hp 72 -> 56, But giving them both normal highlander defenses alike.
bonus part of viewtopic.php?p=600370#p600370
increased mother mudcrawler xp 70->150
new unit Dwarvish Plainsmaster
new Devlings
an own sprite for windsong farstrider, arbiter and reaver
therian leopard & panthers sprites (or higher cat line in general) + a shifting animation for that panther
therian falcon lvl3 have as well new sprites
therian mage line has new sprites
removed Succubus line
higher water dryads ranged defense frame
flying angels, specific to terrain
general EOM update
fixed movment&attack animation of that one line of monks with barrels
hit sounds for the other units in the floating sowrd faction
freed code from deprecated stuff (ellipse, profile, unused images)
unified defense only weapon special
new sprites for some celestials
semi-portraits by tommy2teeth for many factions
add avatar image
How you can help
Leave feedback

Write descriptions to units in unmaintained suberas, mostly this is needed for Mercenaries Era units

Suggest interesting and complete factions for inclusion
IPS

Post by IPS »

MERCS - Enchanters - Shadown Blade has a GRAVE issue, more than a balance problem is reported as a bug. We're talking about a Lv3 unit with 9-4 drains on its atack and already frantic resistances, but something that was meant to be -40% arcane resistance is actually being 70% arcane resistance.

Requesting for an update for bug fixes soon, maybe in middle of October or in end of October with few balance changes. and this bug fixing.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I see. Supposed to be pierce. (done)

Additionally, I noticed statue line http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Ageless_E ... tatue.html has 60% resists(in archaic too) in addition to steadfast, could you check them?
IPS

Post by IPS »

For sure, I will check statues and all Despair units.

Also, in the first week of October (probably between 5th - 9th of october) I will post here a .txt file which will contain all my observations during summer. Mostly I can describe that this .txt is mostly about MERCS ranged unit's mele balance and The Blight rebalance. Some surprises are on that .txt file.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well those attachment is all I have for now.

Note that for statue balance I'm not taking in consideration steadfast, but even with the changes I've done, statues with steadfast would be weaker than they're right now (mostly because no longer 60% res & lower terrain defense and no longer fire resistant)

edit:
- forgot to coment that bacterium (lv1) must be -25% to both cold and fire.
- Quenoth Revager mele 11-4 to 10-4, in the notepad I said the oposite.
Attachments
Balance note 1.txt
A somehow large list with balance improvements.
(18.77 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
IPS_-_Ageless_-_The_Blight.gz
Can't remember well this game, but I remember I've seen many balance irregularities in blight.
(173.12 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Ageless_4.6_-_IPS_-_Kharos.gz
IPS playing as Kharos, only 1 Kirios lived and defenders have won.
(189.57 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Gyra_Solune

Post by Gyra_Solune »

Played a bit with the EoC Chaos Empire! Random observations.

-I noted not too long ago you moved the Shaxthals over to the Dark Legion. I do quite agree that they had a few too many units (and the Shaxthals are questionable in their balance), but it had the effect of giving the EoC Chaos no water-capable unit! Not sure if this is on purpose or not. It does seem to me like Chaos is meant to be a bit less mobile than the obvious Loyalists of compare? But hm.

-I'm not sure the Bowman even needs to be there. I don't know why but I kind of feel like two units in a faction that do basically the same thing but one is just better if more expensive isn't the best thing? The Gunner basically does everything the Bowman does but simply better at all levels (aside from how the Bowman's alt promotion gives it poison, which is sort of overkill on a rather high-damage faction). And the Gunner looks a lot cooler while the Bowman is just the older Legion one!

-Speaking of which I'm not totally sure what the deal is with all the different versions of the Chaos/Dark Legion? EE has one that shares most of the same units with a few differences, and then there's the WoL one that strikes me as mostly what eventually became the Chaos Empire. (Not sure as well about the general 'existing default faction but modified' type of things in there, since a lot of them are just the main faction but with some more units...particularly a tendency to just give both the Loyalists and Rebels every merfolk unit, which kind of means absolute naval dominance).

-I think EoC also recently updated with a new, slightly nicer look to the Headhunter line, especially giving the Soulhunter a mask and in general artistic improvements, so that could be an update.

-Given the Chaos Cavalier and Cataphract (should probably be Chaos Cataphract by the by, since just Cataphract is usually a name assigned to the Eastern Invasion heavy cavalry) have a spear in their imagery, shouldn't their main attack be pierce instead of blade? Also since their name implies that they're heavy cavalry, it's weird that they get the +1MP while the Pillager stays slow even though it's lighter-armed and not as powerful.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I will start implementing suggestions from both of you once I have more time, next week maybe.
Gyra_Solune

Post by Gyra_Solune »

Probably a bigger thing I ought to have mentioned first! And that is that in most cases leader choices shouldn't be any units that have more than 6 MP, or more than 1MP cost on land. Judging by the Units site the errant ones are the two Desert Elves horsemen, Steelhive Scout and Vector, Despair's Black Shadow, Khthon's Noble Beast, EE Chaos's Hell Crab, the Monsters' Water Serpent and Great Wolf, Windsong's Pathfinder, Chaos Empire's Marauder, Brungar's Dwarvish Huntsman, Nordhris' Dire Reaver and Frostdasher, Welkin's Talon Warrior, Whirlwind, Midnight Stalker, and Quickdraw, Arendians' Bowknight, Chief, and Mounted Warrior, Cavernei's Observer, Marauders' Raider, and Sidhe's Tracker.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Started implementing.

Balance note 1 https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... d919315bdd
Sylvans - Dusk Faerie
later, pending.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Mmmm... Ravana, just realizing that all Feyborns are becoming pierce atack when I intended to only make Witches pierce type, in order to make them more atractive to consider.

Also I can remember that xp of feyborns from lv2 to lv3 is unnusually low compared to most of mages, which in oricia or in other survival maps gives an huge adventage. Thinking about the case of Feyborns, I have a proposal to offer before just shifting them to pierce:

General idea is to give all +Lv2 feyborns a bonus pierce ranged atack at the cost of requiring more xp to Lv3.

Feyborn lv1:
6-3 blade ranged magical atack
nothing else.

Kitsune lv2:
8-4 blade ranged magical atack
NEW ATACK V1: 11-2 pierce ranged magical atack
NEW ATACK V2: 13-2 pierce ranged (no magical) atack
xp: 60 -> 75 (25% higher, which is 52.5 xp at 70% modifier)

Feyborn Witch lv2:
8-3 PIERCE ranged magical atack (this one has pierce as main source of damage)
NEW ATACK: 7-3 blade ranged magical atack
Bonus from no having lv3: Charm aura (already inherent) and +10% to both cold/fire (not yet added)
Note: only witches are meant to have the 10% cold/fire resistances.

Tengu Lv2:
We're only going to focus at ranged atack. Mele will be left unchanged.
5-4 blade ranged (magical)
NEW ATACK: 6-3 pierce ranged magical

Nine Tailed fox Lv3:
Mele will be left unchanged.
7-7 blade ranged magical
NEW ATACK: 13-3 pierce ranged magical

Note: this bonus atack is just a little bonus, mostly for the lv2 and the need of dealing pierce damage for the faction apart from Swarms! It's not intended to be an efficent atack at lv3 afterall. With this bonus atack Feyborns can be more effective againist units like calvarymen that usually counter most of Yokai units.

Already made a calculus and gift to Kitsune 13.2 damage per strike (which is 26) compared to the other atack which would be 5.6 per strike (6-4). Meaning a little more damage to mounted units than main atack. You can try the V2 for Kitsune, but it's meant to counter all those fast and nasty mounted tanks which are only weak to pierce. But I don't want that pierce bonus atack compete in a fair fight next to the primary atack which is intended to be blade.

And as last note, I don't want Feyborns become as a kind of magical archer in balance terms, their are unique from being blade ranged magical and that's what makes Feyborn an unique unit.
Ben24626

Both leaders die at once = both lose game (with replay)

Post by Ben24626 »

Title says it all. Thought this was kind of funny.
Attachments
both_lose_1v1.gz
(46.71 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

<05:28 Ben24626-> no one wins
<05:28 Ben24626-> ill ask devs
<05:28 Ben24626-> if its on purpose
<05:29 Ben24626-> ill post forum
<05:29 Ben24626-> the replay
Devs wouldnt be able to do anything about this.

I believe this is not intentional, you would have to replicate it with original, EoMa, and ask inferno8 for that.

But I believe it is not really problem, usually you do not have leaders so close to each other.

Should several people want this changed, it is easy to make it harm leaders only to 1 hp.
WeaponsPr1me

Post by WeaponsPr1me »

Hello, Ravana.
I've played Ageless for quite a while (especially with Quenoth) and I have to disagree with two of the latest balance suggestions.

First, I do not think that Lurkers are overpowered. From my experience, their most common usage is a covering of critical points at nighttime. They're fairly good at it, but inferior to Hunters as a general purpose melee. With their damage nerfed, Lurkers might lose their niche to Hunters (due to their 3-5 damage being no better than nighttime 4-4, combined with less Lurkers' versatility). Damage comparison to Orcish Assassins does not seem correct to me: marksmanship improves their offensive capability for quite a lot, and they have better terrain defenses.
I also strongly disagree with Stalker and Assassin damage nerf. Compared to their Default human counterparts (Rogue and Assassin), after proposed nerf they would have similar framework (with better movement costs and limited hiding ability on the elves' side vs. skirmishing and better due to non-neutrality damage output on humans' side). I think that such a trade would be unfair, and current base damage difference offsets absence of skirmish capability quite fine.
Second, I disagree with Moon Enchantresses damage nerf. Protection aura is generally inferior to leadership or healing, and their damage seem to be in line with other mage-leaders/healers. Price, though, might be higher: I suppose 37-38 gp would be better.
The Hunters were a problem and I agree with their nerf. I feel, though, that employing a scheme from UtBS with different Fighter (cheap, higher damage) and Hunter (expensive, ranged slow) lines might be better, but I'm not sure about it.

When in comes to other factions, I'm glad to see Avian Dart line nerfed, but it seems that Avians as a faction still have some issues.
First, there is an issue with Jackdaw and Pigeon lines' village and castle defenses. If they are set to 40% intentionally, an analog of 'feral' trait is needed: for now there is a major issue with mixed terrains (and a major silliness when it comes to mixed-terrain castles - like side castles on the Freelands, for example). I suppose, though, reducing terrain defenses to be unnecessary, and propose setting it to 60%: damage nerf seems to be more universal.
Second, Jackdaws: very good terrain defenses, MP 8 flight, decent melee damage, decent HP without serious vulnerabilities. I suppose they would be fine with 5-3 attack and maybe less HP: still decent scouting, but no more overshadowing line infantry. Their upgrades (both lines) also seem to require nerf, as well as all Pigeon upgrades.
Third, the Watchmen are clearly underperforming for his price. I suggest reducing price to 14 gp or increasing damage to 10-2 & 6-4.
Fourth, I do not suppose that HI types should effectively exploit mountains, and propose reducing Grounded mountain defense to 50%. I also think that their role should be more anti-impact and less line infantry; therefore, I suggest increasing their impact resistance to 20% (to better offset Avians' overall weakness to impact), but also increase their price to a psychological threshold of 20 gp.

I've also noticed a visual bug: Arendian Shaman's sprite changes to Arendian Warlock's one when attacking.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I plan to look this during this year, with that release being last for 1.12.