Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Colouredbox

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.7

Post by Colouredbox »

Good plan.

I would put the melon nightmares in too if you are allowed.
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

They're on the official addon server, so they are released under the terms of the GPL. This means that anybody is allowed to re-use and modify them as long as he releases his work also under the same license.
So, he is allowed to include them in AE. The only thing is that it's always nice to ask the creator of an addon before including it, but basically everyone can include them in his work (with the limitations outlined above).

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Soooo....

It seems that my computer has been struck by a virus or something like that and is making it almost unusable.... So I am going to get it fixed, but until then I cannot do anything relating to AE... I think. I just updated AE on SVN so I could just download it onto another computer and work with it on there...
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Roy_Redfield

Post by Roy_Redfield »

i didnt read all 75 pages so i dont know if its already posted

Wesnoth Version: 1.9.6

Bug:
seen in Ageless Era Heroes

Feudal - High Elves

No images at unit Aegis, Chevauleger, Ecrimeuer, Cavalier, Coutillier

seen in Ageless Era, Ageless Era Heroes

AE - Dark Legion

Missed attackimage and hurtimage at unit Swordman

if its already posted just delete my post

Roy_Redfield
Puppy_Luv

Post by Puppy_Luv »

just noticed while playing a match, the "swamp explorer" unit in Wood Warriors faction (BEEM), and his level two counterpart the "amphibous rider" have there melee attack types mixed:

the level 1's melee spear attack does impact rather than piercing, and the level 2's melee tongue attack does piercing rather than impact.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok, just got my hard drive wiped :cry: And now I am re-downloading everything I used to have on my computer. So I should get started in the next few days after I get everything back :)
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Colouredbox

Post by Colouredbox »

Just a silly unit stat thingy:
Clockwork dwarves level 1 triggerman has a melee attack of 5-2, but his only level 2 form (gunner) has 3-2. Also the level 3 (artillery) has 6-3. So isn't it weird that level 2 has so low melee attack?
It's calling for a berserker now.
Waiting for cheesedwarfs to be added to ageless.
Puppy_Luv

Post by Puppy_Luv »

hi, one (two;post-edit) more here...

in the era of magic, the Kharos faction's "War Banner" unit is supposed to have a fear ability (of some sort i cant remember its exact name) that reduces the neighboring enemies damage, but instead it has leadership.

edit: the lvl 2 midnight stalker from the welkin faction does not have any images whatsoever, it shows up as a blank halo.
lindsay40k

Post by lindsay40k »

Loyalist Horseman: 23 gold.

HP: 38
Move: 8; no deep water or mountain movement, very slow in any ground tougher than Hills
Defences: 20-40%
Resistances: Arcane, Blade 20%; Impact 30%; Pierce -20%
Spear: 9-2 Pierce Charge; Lawful
Level up: 31 XP (Two branches, two Lv3 - 84 XP - one of them heals)

Avian Dart: 18 gold.

HP: 32
Move: 8; only ever slowed down by Mushrooms or Caves
Defences: 40-50%, 60% Mountains
Resistances: Impact, Pierce -20%
Spear: 10-2 Pierce Charge; Neutral
Gust: Impact 3-3; Neutral
Level up: 32 XP (Three branches, one Lv3 - 57 XP - with Marksman from lv2)

6 less HP and some worse resistances, and in return save 5 gold, get better defences, a retaliatory strike against ranged units, and completely overcome the Horseman's main mobility weakness. Also, gain very useful Marksman on a charge attack.

My regular opponent, who likes to play Avians, is finding it very easy to use a Dart Rush as a 'win button'. I'm not sure if it's that they're generally undercosted, or if a flying charger is overpowered in too many situations.
currently contributing art to Internet Meme Era
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

The Avians are not balanced against mainline, but if you're using Loyalists and want to counter Dart Rush - use Spearmen. They have First Strike and do pierce damage, which is one of the damage types the Dart is weak to. Even at night a Spearman will do decent damage to a Dart.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

the dart is nothing compared to the jackdaw with 5-4 melee blade and 60 defense everywhere with 70 in forest, swamp, and mountain and only a little impact weakness. Also throw in 7 or 8 base move to boot... Avian is probably one of the most overpowered ageless era factions so to combat them with a default faction is almost suicide
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

After upgrading to version 1.9.7 when I try to join the Multiplayer server I get an error with this era (and three other add-ons). Screenshot attached.

Possibly related to the fact that the AMLA_TOUGH macro was deprecated in 1.9.3.
Attachments
wesnoth 1.9.7.JPG
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
lindsay40k

Post by lindsay40k »

shadowblack wrote:The Avians are not balanced against mainline, but if you're using Loyalists and want to counter Dart Rush - use Spearmen. They have First Strike and do pierce damage, which is one of the damage types the Dart is weak to. Even at night a Spearman will do decent damage to a Dart.
I've mostly been playing Rebels and EE Sylvans, I simply chose a Loyalist unit as the most appropriate one to compare.
AlaskanAvenger wrote:the dart is nothing compared to the jackdaw with 5-4 melee blade and 60 defense everywhere with 70 in forest, swamp, and mountain and only a little impact weakness. Also throw in 7 or 8 base move to boot... Avian is probably one of the most overpowered ageless era factions so to combat them with a default faction is almost suicide
I got the impression from the page that comes up when starting an AE game that there is a desire to make the factions in AE more balanced against one another?
currently contributing art to Internet Meme Era
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

shadowblack: Thanks for telling me.

Looks like the update is coming a bit early than was expected :augh: At the earliest, the update will come on Saturday. I currently have terrible internet and it would take a few hours to upload AE if I were to try now... SO! I will see how much I can get done between then and now. Hopefully I can get the new Khalifate added and maybe get one of the two eras updated.

On another not, I have run some programs that have made some of the images in AE smaller which will hopefully make a slight difference. :D

Almost to 50,000 downloads on the 1.8 add-on server! Hopefully the next two updates will get us there! :D
Creator of Ageless Era
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Since I dowloaded 1.9.7, before I get to Multiplayer, there are error messages that something about AMLA_TOUGH in the Zephyr file.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.