Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.7

Post by IPS »

ShakeZula wrote:Just so you know, I would fully back getting rid of all the incomplete factions in ageless era. I like some of the ones that are well done, but all those units slow down certain parts of the game (particularly the unit profiles) and some of their artwork is just plain horrible and I hate looking at them. I am of the *opinion* that something shouldn't be included unless it is fully completed or at least somewhere near that, people enjoy making base unit images and stats and then don't continue to work on them, this just makes the game slower and worse for all of us since so many people use the ageless era. Of the new mercenaries era, the tribals and the mercenaries themselves are the only ones that stand out in my mind as worthy of even being released, though I am probably forgetting something and I haven't analyzed them all thoroughly yet. Particularly a few of the factions on the bottom of the list are just ridiculous, no offense to any of the authors, but if you can't stand criticism it seems like you would do a better job.

I appreciate all the work people are doing, but the fact is they are doing it mostly as a hobby for themselves and it seems like some are just scribbling on MS paint and submitting it.
To start, what factions are you criticing and what is the critic for each faction. Without details a critic is almost useless.

StDrake wrote:tell that to the enchanters' rune apprentice, he's got stats like an elf archer - but with magic fire attacks
comparing to a loyalist mage those have negligibly smaller attack, while having some 30% more hp and being 2/3 the price
2 things what I think about the mage unit:

1.- Loyalist mage is underpowered for ageless.
2.- I think it's a bit underpowered in default too if compare it with the Dark adept. The dark adept is cheaper, toughtner and it's useful againist everything (mage is useless againist drakes), the mage costs 4 more coins for only that 5-1 mele staff and for having -4 hp ... I think the mage must cost -1 gold and have +2 hp than how it's now.

Rune Aprentice unit from Enchanter's faction likes me ok. 21 price is just what it must cost. Also, I think the Hot Shot from Enchanter's facton is a bit overpowered, it's a bowman with +2 max hp, +50% mele and with marskman in the ranged (it's a total pain for light units type like the fencers and the thieves) also marskman helps a lot if you are atacking a unit in 60% def terrain or 70% def terrain. Curiusly the Enchanter unit is also underpowered (it's an orcish grunt with +1 mele dammage and with impact instead blade, -3 hp and +3 gold for it's price)

I think 5-3 marskman for the hot shot must be balanced for it, 13 price enchanter would be better.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

You already posted you comments on the mage and dark adepts. The developers of wesnoth refused to change it's stats for a reason. (factions are balanced against factions, not units against units). There is no reason to change it in ageless.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

You beat me to it wesfreak :P

@ShakeZula: If you don't like that it has certain factions, then remove Ageless Era from your computer. None of the current factions are being removed. Do not post here if you are only going to say you want factions removed because you don't like their art.

@IPS: The mage is staying the same. I know that Mercenaries in unbalanced. I will start working on them when I get the time.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Orc Stoic kick attack is missing (his former levels have it).
He has only the shield attack when defending.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

MattDakka wrote:Orc Stoic kick attack is missing (his former levels have it).
He has only the shield attack when defending.
When you said defending, the shield's weapon special is defend only, so its only available while defending. The kick attack didn't show because the shield must have been stronger or maybe it had the attack only weapon special.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

I know that the shield attack is defend only and I know how it works, the point is that the former levels have kick attack, then, at level 3 the kick attack is no longer available, for no apparent reason.
It seems to me a bug, but maybe I'm wrong.
Units. generally speaking, tend to get more/better attacks when levelling up, not to lose them.
I would find more sensible then that the kick attack wasn't available for lev 1, but it was available at level 2 and/or 3.
:)
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

reason might be that the kick was just a..let's call it "placeholder attack" so help the unit gain xp without having to rely on hoping for enemies to attack him
guessing that at maximum level that reason is no longer valid, unless for AMLA
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

ME Slavers have some bugs:
Entertainer's charm skill is not working;
Slaveholder's plague skill is not working.
ShakeZula

Post by ShakeZula »

Ah, I see some people take criticism well. I'm just saying the standards appear to be low, it's my opinion, I'm not obligating anyone to do anything, but figured maybe some might appreciate outside feedback.
IPS

Post by IPS »

MattDakka wrote: Units. generally speaking, tend to get more/better attacks when levelling up, not to lose them.
This is true in all the units except in the Trigerman from Clock Work Dwarves, where the lv2 of this unit has 3-2 mele when it's lv1 has 6-2 mele xD

-----------------
I think the Herbalist from Brungars must deal 2-10 instead 1-20 to many units with high ressistances to fire be half inmune to it or weak units resive more dammage to it. I think it's a bit foolish what a drake takes more dammage from a fire atack than other units because it's low defense. Another reasson of this is because slower or not slowed it must deal the same ranged dammage ... so it can atack a shaman and be sure to deal 100% dammage instead 50% in some strikes ...

Also the Wizard from Celestials faction deals 6-4 ranged magical, that is so powerful. In the original Era of Myths they deal 5-4 and it works well too.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

MattDakka wrote:ME Slavers have some bugs:
Entertainer's charm skill is not working;
Slaveholder's plague skill is not working.
slaveholder and all his evolution...

Great part of the yokay Lv1,2 & 3 need more hp (about +5 hp per lv1unit,10 for lv2 units...)
tgbtom

Post by tgbtom »

Hey, i,ve played battle for wesnoth for a couple years now, but i have only played with the wesnoth creators units and campaigns. I was wondering if i could get any help here? I downloaded the add-on, but no campaigns are new and none of the new units are showing on multiplayer or anywhere. What do i need to do so this will work? Me and my brothers really want to try this out :)
tgbtom

Post by tgbtom »

And i also have version 1.9.4 but none others?
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Edit your posts instead of double posting.

Did you make/join a game with ageless era? The factions won't show up in other eras.
tgbtom

Post by tgbtom »

What do i have to do to make it with ageless era? i dont see any buttons to click? :S