Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.2.2

Post by inferno8 »

mnewton1 wrote:Adding a message to every unit description is doable but it will take longer than all of these. I have to do it manually and every time I update a faction I will have to do it again. There are over 1000 unit in Ageless Era so It will take awhile.
doofus-01 wrote:I think it would probably be enough to put it in the race descriptions.
mnewton1 wrote:Yay, I agree.
I'm not satisfied with this. Instead of adding a message to unit's description manually you could use a text search-and-replace program like BK ReplaceEm.
Replacing <<description= _ ">> with <<description= _ "This unit is from the era *****. >> is much faster than typing it manually. But this is only a suggestion. You'll do whatever you want.

I hope that my another intervention here won't be necessary, but if I see people in this thread posting their ideas and thanking you for those cool factions "you've made" and you don't deny it or redirect to proper threads, I won't be friendly anymore.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

I think, the Deser Archer of Desert elves should cost 16 because it have less hp and offensive than a Dessert Fighter, but it also have 6 movement points and requires more xp to get the level.

The Dessert archer shouldn't cost 17 because its very inferior than the elvish archer of rebels and Dessert archer no haves 70% in the sand, only 60%...

And, Chaos units can't level up. That is a very nasty bug.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok, I will be without internet for most of the next two week. I will be working on this stuff. I will also be adding a line or two to every unit description thanks to the application inferno8 showed me. I also should get all the ids and stuff changed.

@IPS: Thanks and fixed
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

I have noted the Era of Myths units of ageless are different than in the original Era of Myths. The same thing happens with Era of Magic.

You should update the dates of these 2 eras in your era to be more updated to the original era.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

Of course it isn't up-to-date. You can't update every era and do still some other work. That's the prize to have all factions included in one era.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, that is true.

I can tell Ageless era is a Era Pack more than a Era. But with this Era pack you can know all the eras of the add ons servers (well, many of them...).

Archaric era gots other forms to balance the primevalist than the Archaric of Ageless.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Well, I had a few minutes of internet so I thought I would post. I will have internet back around monday or tuesday. I am adding a message to every unit and race. I am cleaning up the code a lot and I am fixing bugs when I find them. Also, just for fun I thought I would work on fixing up Mercenaries Era so it can be added at some point. I am not adding it yet though. I have to ask permission and add a price to all the level 2, 3, and 4 units. Well thats it for now...
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

Bug: The High Elf Charger can advance to the Cavalier from mainline.
*has nothing else to say*

Necromancy most foul! - Doc Paterson

All hail my new campaign, Lords of the North! Now on the add-ons server!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

No it can't:

Code: Select all

advances_to=AE High Elven Cuirassier,AE High Elven Lancier,AE High Elven Cavalier

What version of Wesnoth and Ageless Era are you using?
Creator of Ageless Era
IPS

Post by IPS »

I hate some unbalanced units of Mercenaries era, like the Mutilated corpse.

You can see the balancing work of myths, that should help a lot with the wizards (6-4 ranged magical and 31 hp is very powerful to cost 20....)

And many other things.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Well, I got yet yesterday but didn't really have time to post. I should have the message in every unit thing done by today or tomorrow. I will also probably release a new update then. That's about it.
Creator of Ageless Era
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hmmmmm... should be a nice idea to add the mercenaries era (but balanced) in a version update.

Not doing more than balancing of mercenaries era to be able to Ageless era. After, there should be nothing more to wait the sugerences of the changes and from all ageless era.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Quick update: I will be on the road most of tomorrow and the next day. I will be able to work in the car though. Also, PsychoticKittens has agreed to let me add Mercenaries Era to Ageless Era! I will be adding Mercenaries Era in the next update or in the update after that. I will only change the major balancing issues with it though before I add it.
Creator of Ageless Era
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sounds awesome mnewton1 :)

Mercs needs a lot of updates, overall, in the Mutilated Corpse, only destructible by impact... Survivor from Cult faction needs to be balanced, 50 hp regen and 5-2 mele impact is very unbalanced in health/atack... If it takes a club or something to do more dammage, but with an higher price should be interesting (5-3 sounds interesting). Or if his fists does more dammage (7-2?).

And Look out can't move the same than a calvary because him is not mounted (absolutely fool what an infantry unit moves the same than a calvary...) ... If Lookout moves 7 instead 8 and with other changes to he cost 14 should be an interesting unit (like an footpad, with better mele and with fire in his mele).

Floating Sword is hard to balance, really, 70% res to blade, impact and pierce sounds awesome... 50% to cold sounds good, with haves 0% res to fire and -10% or -20% to arcane, and with 23 hp them are really hard to kill (overall for a faction, who don't have fire atacks or arcane atacks). Swords like OK in the balance, but it's a headache for Knalgan faction... Find a solution for the poor knalgans... the Ouwtlaws are in the same trouble too, because their rogues mages have cold based ranged atack, doing to the swords 4-2 magical. But dwarves, are more toasted than the Ouwtlaws because the Dwarves haves only pierce, blade and impact in their lines :/

[off of topic]Hmmmm.... you got a Silver Mage in that quiz too. I got 100% Silver mage :)[/off]
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

THATS SOUNDS COOL O_O thx mwton!