Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fog_of_gold

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.2

Post by fog_of_gold »

Were they adjacent to another one while testing? -That would be the/a reason since that is intentional to try to balance the unit (so you won't get an undefeatable wall the enemy can't avoid)
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

mnewton1 wrote:
Dixie wrote:Just encountered an error with ageless:

"could not find unit Phantom Shadow", in the despair faction from archaic era. Probably a unit id error. ;)
What? I just check all 3 eras. There is was issue. Did you get this in an MP game with another player? If so, then he needs to update. If note, then this should not have happened.
Well it WAS in MP, but we had all recently updated. Anyway, if you've checked and there is no problem, all the better. I just thought I'd report it so you could fix whatever issue there would've been ;)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
walkercubed

Post by walkercubed »

I have received a crash when trying to recruit Midnight Beauty in "despair". I get the "wesnoth quit working" error in Win 7.

I have also received an error when spirit dove (phantom - archaic)tries to advance, it states that it cannot find "tomb jay", in the recruitment window the bird is called "Spirit jay".

Also getting an error with the unit "frost Wyrm" somehting about the AI trying to "score" the unit.

I am in multiplayer with just me and the computer.

Ken
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks and fixed. Will be in the next update
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, we all know Mercenaries era is so unbalanced, but many people loves it. I have 4 friends what loves Mercenaries era and I love it too.

Will be grateful for many players add the mercenaries era.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Ukians are missing their level 0 units, you can only recruit Ukian Regular, Ukian Archer, Ukian Runner and Dog.
A crash occurs with Despair faction when lev 1 spearman levels up to lev 2 phantom soldier.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
X-Site

Post by X-Site »

Hi
ageless era hasn't got the new vampires line(succubus) available.
Also arags have still teamcolor problems, and whenever I get a spearman the engine returns syncprobs(even-though both players have the latest version.)

I love this era :D still those bugs have to be taken out.
And I want to play the new bloodline ;P
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sorry for spamming in this thread, I choiced it because maybe my future era will be in this famous era ;)

Well, I had the idea for a 5th faction named "The Empire"

It haves Sabremen, Royal Knight, JESTERS!!, etc. Their units are frequently expensive but good.

I have the stats of 2 of them:
Spoiler:

Anybody want to reply in my era thread now, but I dont want to do a triple post there, but I want to really make this era.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
walkercubed

Post by walkercubed »

Find out that Bears in the "warg" faction have no movement points.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

MattDakka wrote:Ukians are missing their level 0 units, you can only recruit Ukian Regular, Ukian Archer, Ukian Runner and Dog.
A crash occurs with Despair faction when lev 1 spearman levels up to lev 2 phantom soldier.
I already fixed the Despairs, that will be in the next update. The Ukians never had a lot of units. I am thinking about buffing he citizen a little then make it advance to all of them and I am not going to add a horsemen line.

X-Site wrote:Hi
ageless era hasn't got the new vampires line(succubus) available.
Also arags have still teamcolor problems, and whenever I get a spearman the engine returns syncprobs(even-though both players have the latest version.)

I love this era :D still those bugs have to be taken out.
And I want to play the new bloodline ;P
Thanks, I have fixed this now.

walkercubed wrote:Find out that Bears in the "warg" faction have no movement points.
the bears works just fine for me. I guess I must have fixed that already. Thanks anyway.

@IPS: If all the unit art and units are done and look good I might add it. If not, go make a new topic and start making your faction. Also, I think you should gave the jester like 4-2 punch.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

mnewton1 wrote:@IPS: If all the unit art and units are done and look good I might add it. If not, go make a new topic and start making your faction. Also, I think you should gave the jester like 4-2 punch.
That increases their price to 13.

Well, if want to reply, please do that in my thread. We can talk about my era in my thread.

Well to dont spamming again, I think you need to fix the Kthons, Ram cost 14 to do 9-2 charge, that is the same than a horseman. Them shuld cost like 17 because them have only 30 hp and 6 MP.

And sure, dont forget the overpowered Welkings, them are used a lot in the survivals because them are overpowered (over all the golden guard lv2).

Newtonw1 here is the link of my era thread ;)
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29296
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ageless Era Updates
Ageless Era 4.1 is out on the 1.8 add-on server

There were a lot of minor bug fixes.

Era of Myths
--Vampires - Added the missing Succubus line in Ageless Era and Ageless RPG Era

Era of Strife
--Triththa - Image bug fixed

Archaic Era
--Despair - Fixed advancement bug
--Phantoms - New leaders in Ageless Era, New Unit(s): Stalker
--Primeval - New art for several units - BALANCED!!!
--New Faction(s) - Northern Orcs

BEEM
--Anakes - Cursed Weapons Special finally works
In other news...

I really want feedback on the Primevals. I had the computer play itself, Primevals vs. Loyalist, and each won 50% of the time. I also want feedback on the Northern Orc. Well... thats it
Last edited by mnewton1 on April 25th, 2010, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Ageless Era
walkercubed

Post by walkercubed »

Still have no movement cost in the unit description of bear in warg faction. This seems to cuase them to be frozen on the map. version (4.1) Tried to attach file, forum will not allow word07 docs. sorry

Tried to recruit Midnight Beauty in Despair and got the "stopped working" error

I'm operating in Win 7.
Ken
Zero

Post by Zero »

Hello,I found some bugs while playing your awesome era:

Sylvans:wose freeze the game wen he advance a level
Orcs:you can have orcish ruler was leader but you cant recruit orcish leaders,and the orc shaman line need a balance,they are too weak
Steelhive:remove Steel Bladewhirler from the leader list,no one want a berseker leader wen chose random :lol2:
Highelves:they need way TOO much exp to level up,and the "formation" ability from the shieldbearers don't work
Northern Orc:I am kinda disappointed whit this new faction,they are just like default orcs whit 5 new units,But they need a minor balance orcish leader have 45hp 6 moves 7-3 melee and 5-2 ranged AND leadership,while grunt only have 38hp 5 moves and 9-2 melee
Grunt should be stronger(I hope) or leader should be weaker(the same thin happens whit the level 2 and 3)

Some factions still have the "energy" type of attack,that should also be changed.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

the orc shaman line need a balance,they are too weak<----try it versus the drakes.

Nice work anyway mwton : )
Spoiler: