Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 3.2

Post by mnewton1 »

But if you did that then you would get an oos while playing. I will try to think of a way to speed the ai up.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

sounds hard to do...the game slow down becose the AI have to choise a lot of units...i think this problem have not solution!!

mnewton1...the works going fine?
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

RenoOfTurks wrote:sounds hard to do...the game slow down becose the AI have to choise a lot of units...i think this problem have not solution!!
One solution would be that I suggested, to be able to remove factions. Another could be, to include the units in-game, but I really don't know how to do that. Maybe with creating a unit with [unstore_unit]. To do that, I'm thinking of getting every stat into a variable and then just unstore this. But I think, that would be too much work, if that's working.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

is too complex and unuseful for me... in the 1.7.x version the game run normally with the era installed too!i think doasn't need make complex works for fast the era in the 1.6.5

mmnewton are u working for add the mercenary era factions??
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Nope. I am currently taking the state testing program at my school and it is very long, tiring and boring. When I get home all I won't to do is rot my brain. Sorry :(
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Ohh..poooor :P good luck

*i hope the new version of the age less can born first than the final 1.8 relase!
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Aragwaithi archer crashes the game when levelling to Aragwaithi Strongbow.
The message: "Could not find the unit being advanced to: Aragwaithi Strongbow" is displayed.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Try with this file!

(put it in wesnoth>userdata>data>add-ons>ageless_era>units>human-aragwaithi)
Attachments
Archer.cfg
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Thanks, it worked!
If you could please fix the Dark Blood Alliance Toad's movement issue too it would be great!
P.S.
I noticed that Ukian Horseman is invisible, i.e. only the circle, not the sprite, is displayed when recruited.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Aragwaith archer is a bit overpowered, 6-3 mele dagger and 5-4 bow with 28 for 15 of gold.

6-3 means an awesome mele for a archer unit and 5-4 its the atack of a elvish archer. So Aragwaith archers should cost 17.

Other thing about ageless era, the Welkings we all know them are overpowered, but the Sage is the most overpowered unit

Stats of a Sage:

hp: 28
Ranged atack: 10-2 cold (magical)
Mele atack: 3-2 Impact
Move: 5
Price: 15

Note: This unit haves a 70% in mountains and 60% in hills. This unit haves healing +8 and cures.

Same health than a Dark adept, same ranged than a dark adept, and this unit haves 3-2 impact mele and healing +8 and cures AND cost 1 less gold than a Dark Adept.

Sage should cost like 21 or 22 because the healing, the 70% in mountains and 60% in hills, very good offensive for a healer and a weak atack of mele, but it have a mele atack.

Or you can edit the Sage to do less ranged dammage like 6-2 or 7-2 cold magical and remove the hills and moutains bonus to do the Sage cost like 17, 18 or 19.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

the entire faction is overpowered. The updated ones in era of the future are much better (but they could still use some work). Just update the entire faction.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Keep in mind that the dark adept has two ranged attacks. One does cold damage while the other arcane (i think). It's still not equal, but that helps. And besides, if all "mage" units were the same, and all "archer" units were the same, and all "fighter" units were the same, it wouldn't be very fun now would it?
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

IPS does make a point though. I will update the whole faction in the next update. I just finished state testing yesterday so I will probably start working on AE again.
Creator of Ageless Era
Huston

Post by Huston »

the entire era of the future should be updated, there is new stuff, and a lot of changes meant to help with balancing and there was a bugfix in the movetypes. there is actually a new version on the 1.8 add-on server containing these changes.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future