The War of Terrador: RIP

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: The War of Terrador: Revived and Reborn

Post by mnewton1 »

I have ran 1.9 wmllint on it and wmlindent. Here is the wmllint log:
Spoiler:
Here is the updated folder. I have no idea if it works, but it seem 1.9 is really cracking down on even the littlest of bugs.
Attachments
The_War_of_Terrador.zip
(349.17 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Jeez...

Wait, does this mean it removed my custom usage so the computer will no longer differentiate between tanks and soldiers? O.o
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Did anyone find out what the error was that Mnewton experienced, or will it require another runthrough?

If it is something that is know and accepted, what does it mean for my custom unit types? Does this mean I will have to go back and rework them all?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Why not add creidts in the description, like who had the idea, who did the art etc.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I'm back, and have suggestions!

Minor

Remove the captain from the MP Era. It makes no sense.
Change the name of the Warrior 3rd Class' weapon to laser bolt pistol or change the art to include a rifle.
Remove the hoverbike's ability fly in space.

Art

Add TC to the Commander and Shotgunner.
Give the Zederians a unique castle, keep and village. It looks odd with them having the same as Terrador's.

Major

Change the default names!!!! Here is a list you could use.

Code: Select all

Aiden
Alfie
Ross
Harry
Bob
George
Tom
Bill
William
Louis
Louie
Peter
Edward
Eddy
Jack
Fred
Billy
Oliver
Richard
Jamie
Daniel
Sam
Henry
Rich
Simon
Percy
Ron
Red
Ivan
Ralph
Gareth
Heath
Nathan
Jareth
Ryter
Ryan
Joe
Steve
Steven
Alderman
Last edited by Flameslash on October 20th, 2010, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Ideas for Flameslash: Tale of a Hero (from the TWOT website)

Scenario One - Rebels

Soon after the creation of Terrador, a rebellion was brewing, mostly due to arguments over leadership. The rebels had grown used to a lack of any government during the period of time they spent on the ships, and didn't want that to change. One of the rebellion commanders built a fortress on the industrial world of (insert name here).

The Terrador Leadership sent a budding young commander named Joseph Flameslash Gerinian to drive the rebels from the fortress using the latest laser technology. Shortly after arrival, Battalion 01146928 had set up a firebase and were ready to flush out the rebels. Unfortunately, the rebels had uploaded a virus into the vehicles, meaning the battle would be much harder for Flameslash and his Battalion to win.

-Level Starts- 

The map is a mixture of moon terrain and grass terrain, with asteroid fields providing extra cover. Factories are scattered over the land. The rebels have a larger keep, but their units are inferior. They are easily noticed by their brown armor. Their recruits are: Rebel Soldier, Rebel Grenadier and Rebel Buggy. Your recruits are: Soldier, Marksman and Grenadier. Your objective is to kill the Rebel Leader.

Rebel Leader: "Leave this place, Terrador scum!"
Flameslash: "I will, once I've dealt with you."
Rebel Leader: "Seems I'll have to make you leave in a coffin."
Flameslash: "(sarcastically) I'm so scared!"

-Gameplay begins-

When you first use a laser weapon.

Random Rebel: "What on New Earth..."
Random Terradorian: "Surrender yet?"
Random Rebel from 2 lines above: "Never!"

On death of Rebel Leader: 

Flameslash: "Seems it's not me going in the coffin."
Rebel Leader: "It's too late... The plan is already in action."
Flameslash: "What plan? Speak!"
Rebel Leader: "Let's just say that a Terrador Ship is gonna blow a transport." 

-Level End-

Level 2 - Data Codes

Flameslash knew of only one transport leaving the planet. The civilian ship 'Winter Escape'. But what had the Rebel meant? A Terrador Ship wouldn't blow a transport out of the sky... Unless the Rebels had taken one over! Flameslash rallied his troops and they set off to defend the transport. They reached it at 0800 Hours precisely, and saw the Terrador Frigate 'TDF-F-0057' flying nearby. 

It fired a payload of rockets at Flameslash's ship and sent a message saying: 'DIE!!!. Love, your worst nightmare'. Flameslash realized it was under rebel control, and took a task force of soldiers to board the ship and find a cure for the vehicle virus. The task force parachuted onto the ship and slipped in through a hole caused by a rain of grenades. Inside, they set out to find the Data Core.

-Level Start-

The map is mostly a metal terrain, with a few rebels standing around. You start with your top 4 recalls from last match and 4 soldiers. The most guards are near the cockpit and near the Data Core. Your objective is to get the Data Core.

-Gameplay Start-

When you are first seen.

Random Rebel: "BOARDING PARTY!"

When you die.

Flameslash: "You're coming with me, rebel scum."

When you get the Data Core.

Flameslash: "Come on, to the exit!"
Random Terradorian: "Yes sir!"

You objective is changed to get to the entrance.

-Level End-
Last edited by Flameslash on October 20th, 2010, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Level 3 - Air Battle

Flameslash and his task force leapt off the frigate onto the battered transport and uploaded the Data Core to the system, then cured the virus on the vehicles with it's data. Then they launched their fighter squadrons to take down the rebel owned TDF-F-0057. Meanwhile, the Winter Escape's pilot watched in amazement.

-Level Start-

The map is mostly space but covered in asteroids, clouds etc. Many moons are scattered throughout the map. Your keep and the enemy keep are the same size. Both your recruits are: Light Fighter and Heavy Fighter. Your objective is to kill the enemy leader, a Frigate.

Rebel Leader: "What? They cured the virus!" 
Flameslash: "Thanks, Captain Obvious."
Rebel Leader: "SCUM!"

-Gameplay start-

On turn 7, a bunch of AR-02a Bombers appear on your side.

Bomber Captain: "This is Bomber Squadron 0124, we heard that the rebels took over 'TDF-F-0057 and we're here to help."
Flameslash: "Good, we could do with some backup.

When you die.

Random Ally: "CAPTAIN! NOOOO!"

When you win.

Narrator: "A huge fireball tears through TDF-F-0057' and it falls from the sky, a burning piece of rubble. However, a rebel suicide bomber escapes and flies straight into the transport, which is blown in half."

TBC
Last edited by Flameslash on October 20th, 2010, 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Please use /code tags for text walls. :whistle:

Also, Zigg, please check the readme file in the folder that is installed for the complete credits list.

Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Have to type quick or my 1207 word post will be lost when the forum logs me out.

Spec Ops blade too powerful. All spec ops need too high XP to level up. Vehicles have traits, and the AR-02s not only die easily, but advance from Xylash units?
Last edited by Flameslash on October 22nd, 2010, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Hornets keep 1-hit-KOing AR-02bs
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Flameslash wrote:SPec Ops blade too powerful. All spec ops need too high XP to level up.
Drake warriors have very powerful blades, and they need rather high XP to level up. Looking at the files for 1.0 (the only version I could salvage off the forum) this seems to match the Spec Ops.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

But do they have marksman?
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Level 4 - Rescue

Flameslash looked on in horror at the transport as it plummeted towards the planet, and did so until a bridge crew member recommended they sent in rescue teams. Flameslash and a division of his men landed on the surface and started searching for survivors. However, the rebels were doing the same, though with darker intentions.

-Level Start-

The map is mostly grass, dirt and villages, with patches of moon terrain and asteroids. A large forest is to the west, and a river flows through it, passing through some hills at the center of the map. The rebel keep is in the far north-east corner, and yours in the south-west corner. Your recruits are Soldier, Grenadier, Marksman, Light Fighter, Heavy Fighter and Tank. Their recruits are Rebel Soldier, Rebel Grenadier and Rebel Buggy. A smashed ship is in the hills, and civilians are spread out across the map. You have to rescue 4 out of 6. Once you move next to them, they are rescued.

Rebel Leader: "Let us finish what the suicide bomber started."
Flameslash: "What, getting blown to pieces?"
Rebel Leader: "Wha... Oh, it's some Terrador scum. Kill 'em, men!"

-Gameplay Start-

On a successful rescue
Civilian: "Thank you, Terradorian."
Unit that saved them: "No problem."

On a Civilian death
Civilian: "No, please no!"
Rebel Leader: "No what? Mercy."
Narrator: "The Rebel shoots the Civilian."
Flameslash: "Heartless scum!"

On 3 Civilian deaths
Flameslash: "NO! Too many have died... This mission was a failure."

On victory
Rebel Leader: "Damn, they rescued so many! Retreat!"
Flameslash: "Yeah, you run!"

Level 5 - Karma

Flameslash and his forces chased the rebels, eventually cornering them by some mountains. The Terradorians prepared to exterminate the murderers. One soldier in particular wanted them dead: Joe Alderman, a veteran soldier who lost two of his three sons in a suicide attack.

The surviving son, of course, is the Alderman from the main campaign.
toclipboard

Post by toclipboard »

Is there any place which contains the latest version? How can we find out which and where is the latest version? Thanks. If there is no such place yet, I would suggest in forums the first posting, easy to find, no confusion.