New idea...

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheGreatRings

Re: New idea...

Post by TheGreatRings »

If America doesn't work (fair point about lack of unit diversity, even disregarding time period issues), then how about ancient China? They had infantry, bows, cavalry, etc. Pretty much the whole deal. If by ancient you mean "Classical era Mediterranean and Middle East", then for an Asian civ go with Assyryian or Persian or something. But if you'll take civs outside that particular area, you should probably go with China I think.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
JW

Post by JW »

The Great Rings wrote:If America doesn't work (fair point about lack of unit diversity, even disregarding time period issues), then how about ancient China? They had infantry, bows, cavalry, etc. Pretty much the whole deal. If by ancient you mean "Classical era Mediterranean and Middle East", then for an Asian civ go with Assyryian or Persian or something. But if you'll take civs outside that particular area, you should probably go with China I think.
Why are you guys so insistent on changing this guy's idea for him? He came up with his own idea, has done a lot of research, and is in the process of creating what he wanted.

You can create your own faction, era, game, if you want.
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

JW wrote:
The Great Rings wrote:If America doesn't work (fair point about lack of unit diversity, even disregarding time period issues), then how about ancient China? They had infantry, bows, cavalry, etc. Pretty much the whole deal. If by ancient you mean "Classical era Mediterranean and Middle East", then for an Asian civ go with Assyryian or Persian or something. But if you'll take civs outside that particular area, you should probably go with China I think.
Why are you guys so insistent on changing this guy's idea for him? He came up with his own idea, has done a lot of research, and is in the process of creating what he wanted.

You can create your own faction, era, game, if you want.
Not insistent by a long stretch. I see no harm in simply making a few suggestions. Now if the guy who posted the thread said to stop, sure. But as far as I know, I haven't broken any rules.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
JW

Post by JW »

Nah, you're right and I am wrong. I thought he was more solidified in his ideas, but it looks like he was asking for suggestions after all. My apologies for misremembering.

edit: no need to reply to me. It'd just be clutter.
NurlorVoronwe

Post by NurlorVoronwe »

while you were discussing, i was doing my "homework" :lol2: i think i have my goals very clear... i have finished lybians, i changed some names...
Lybian-phoenician and Hannibal's lybian have swords, but i dont know where to draw them
well, start to discuss again :)
Lybian_Mercenary.png
Lybian_Mercenary.png (27.37 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
Lybian_Phoenician.png
Lybian_Phoenician.png (28.63 KiB) Viewed 2183 times
Hannibal's_Lybian.png
Hannibal's_Lybian.png (29.18 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
Nûrlor Voronwë

--II Punic War for Battle for Wesnoth! *Coming soon*
Parts of the storyline here
markm

Post by markm »

Nice images! I like the fact that some look as if they could pass as using bronze and others iron, as I am looking for sprites and/or units suitable for use in factions (one Wesnoth "faction" per strategic unit type) based on Freeciv-type tech-trees where units buildable once you have iron differ from those available if you only have bronze.

-MarkM-
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?