Problem with era of strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ulfgur

Problem with era of strife

Post by ulfgur »

What folder is era of strife in?? (once downloaded :annoyed: )

ulfgur
AI
Developer

Re: Problem with era of strife

Post by AI »

Where you can find it? In your userdata folder under data/campaigns/Era_of_Strife.

But why is this a problem?
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

I just cant find it. Is era of strife an era, campaign, what??

I would like to modify the unit artwork so that I can use it on my computer. I have a friend that loves playing saurians, and I wanted to surprise him. (This has nothing to do with christmas)

ulfgur

PS: I have a mac if that makes he navigation system any different.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The era of strife is an era (obviously), currently it's only on the 1.4 add-on server, though I'm about to release 0.20, which'll be for both 1.4 and 1.5.

I believe under Mac OSX the userdata folder is located somewhere under ~/Library/Preferences or something.

You can also get the images straight off the svn webinterface.
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

AI wrote:I believe under Mac OSX the userdata folder is located somewhere under ~/Library/Preferences or something.
~/Library/Preferences/wesnoth/data/campaigns
I'm reciting that from memory, so I might have missed a folder or two. :hmm:
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

Where is library located?? (note this: im an idiot, and need to be shown where prettymuch everywhere is. :( )

sorry.

ulfgur

oh, yea, and is there a version where the unit animations are complete, or is it still under development?
Peter the Great

ulfgur wrote:Where is library located??
Well, assuming you have mac Library is in users/~/Library where ~= Your account, i.e. for me it's users/peter/Library/preferences/wesnoth/data/campaigns

I might as well give you the Windows,
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Wesnoth\userdata on Vista

and linux versions as well.
~/.wesnoth
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

OH, thanks :) I was under the impression that it was somewhere in the wesnoth data in the game folder!! :lol2:

Thanks. I appreciate help even if it didnt quite go anywhere. :)

hmm..... It looks like all the folders where it would probably be on the mac are locked, it would make my dad crazy if he had to get into each and every one to search for the data.... Anyone know where it is on the mac??

ulfgur
Peter the Great

Weird, it shouldn't be locked. Here's a screenshot of where to go in finder. (click to enlarge it)
Attachments
Snapshot.png
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

My dad put some weird parental control thing on the computer for the internet, but it seems to affact everything in the library as well... :evil:

ulfgur
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Oh dear. Parental controls only encourage children to learn how to log in as root user, don't you agree? ;)

How is Civ 4, Peter? I've heard good things about it...
Peter the Great

Skizzaltix wrote:How is Civ 4, Peter? I've heard good things about it...
:lol2: I didnt expect anyone to look at my background, but it's fun especially hotseat games.

Ulfger: I'd look into fixing that.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

ulfgur wrote:My dad put some weird parental control thing on the computer for the internet, but it seems to affact everything in the library as well... :evil:

ulfgur
I'd suggest asking him to fix it. By the way, why do you wish to edit it? (Sorry to be looking around, just wondering)
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

First off, I found out something amusing. The place I was looking was my dads account, so of course it was locked. :lol2:
I prettymuch found the folder, and as for what I was going to do with it, but the unit in deafault on my computer. Maybe complete their animations. And not share them. :twisted: If people want animations they can ask me, but posting a era with no animations is.... just incomplete. Isnt as fun to play. Its fun to see the little guys whack each other :twisted: .

ulfgur
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

ulfgur wrote:Maybe complete their animations. And not share them. :twisted: If people want animations they can ask me, but posting a era with no animations is.... just incomplete. Isnt as fun to play. Its fun to see the little guys whack each other :twisted: .
Well, version 0.20 isn't supposed to be finished, 1.0 is, but that isn't done yet. :wink:
It would be really nice to get some animations for the era, if you could do that. (Animating isn't easy)
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa