Longbow's MP Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Longbow

Longbow's MP Era

Post by Longbow »

Hi, :geek:
Some of you have probably seen my MP era on the addons server, feedback valued, and please note, it's not supposed to be perfectly balanced...
Also, if any artists could help make me some images for caravans for each race, it would be greatly appreciated, something like the one in Sceptre of Fire but, preferably with a more mainline, shinier look, and one for each race ie. different drivers/style... the general idea behind this is teammates/allies transferring gold in exchange for help/mercs, but until I work out the WML, this has to be done with debug...
Undead, dwarves, loyals, elves, orcs, outlaws are needed so if anyone feels like doing this...
And if anyone would like to make an upgraded infantry commander, used in South Guard campaign, that would be very useful, or attack/defend anims for dwarf scout... for details please ask

Attachments
caravan.png
caravan.png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 5834 times
My campaign, Elvish Legacy
My inventively named Era
Divine Crusader

Re: Longbow's MP Era

Post by Divine Crusader »

I see you are lonely.I as well post with something about this era.

Well,i think you need update your post and we need more information about your era.
I can't understand what is your era type anyway.

Example :

Nagas

This faction has most of the naga units with extra special units like Naga witch which is a return of sea hag in better way and with more detail.

P.S :Nice to meet you.
You will never escape from justice if you committed a sin that many won't forgive.
Hide all you want but you can't escape from me.
~Divine Crusader~
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

Divine Crusader wrote:P.S :Nice to meet you.
Nice 2 meet u 2, and thanks for posting, aswell as making me less lonely it moves this up to near the top of the page, so more will post.
My era is out on the addons server, so you can see it there for more detail.
Basically, it has the 6 normal factions, but knalgans is split into two, outlaws and dwarves like in EE, it also has 3 minor factions of trolls, nagas and mermen. I have added many new units from the forums and best addons and aim to incorporate money transporting caravans aswell. The addon comes with two maps.
My inventively named Era
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Why do you want to make the caravan better? I mean, I think it's uber cool! :D But I think tc-ing it would make it better.

(I haven't tested your era, but I will soon. (everyone knows my soon...))
Check out my sprites!
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

Hello Woodmouse, it's nice to see more posts in this thread :)
Well the caravan is old now, I need more graphically shiny versions, and one for each race you see...
My inventively named Era
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Oh, ok. I could try something, but I'm not good drawing round things... :lol: Can I try doing something with that one?
Check out my sprites!
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

Sure
My inventively named Era
Rhishisikk

Post by Rhishisikk »

No, no, NO! I refuse to commit to playtesting this era. I'm helping three others with their eras (okay, one, if you count only the guy who communicates clearly), making ANLU, and now (trying to) correct the code for A New Order (campaign).

I have no time! It's a GREAT concept, and I really want to swipe caravans cause it's a neat idea... AND...

:cry: Okay, how much time would I have to put in? Daily or weekly? And if I bother making a formal report, are you going to make fun of me? :cry:

By the way, I hate you for making something THAT interesting while I'm so busy. I want my free time back.
Typhon Rhishisikk

If a man has a talent and cannot use it, he has failed. - Thomas Wolfe
Wesluck (TM): Guaranteed unlike any other luck, anywhere else. - Typhon

Main Projects: ANL: Universal (era), Gambit's Empire Builder
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

Whoa! Play testing would only require u downloading it and playing it once or so and some comments. Helping with art on the other hand may take a lot of time and effort.
Rhishisikk wrote:are you going to make fun of me?
I won't make fun of you, the more feedback the better!
Rhishisikk wrote:By the way, I hate you for making something THAT interesting while I'm so busy. I want my free time back.
:P
My inventively named Era
dontano

Post by dontano »

I'm sorry I can't playtest nor doing anything Wesnoth-related on this period. As you can see from my irregular appearances, I'm ultra-busy with school and other reasons - not to mention the "part-time" activities like Dark Century art, and SXC.
Otherwise, consider myself on your team.
Trust yourself first, then trust others.
Current activity/ies: what...!?
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

Ok, thanks
My inventively named Era
Divine Crusader

Post by Divine Crusader »

Hey there.

I test your units.They are great but i want to tell you that you need to use another name for certain units.
If you see the merman race,what the ?

2 Merman fighter data based.I say that you must different name.

Please revise on the names for certain units.
I wouldn't mind if you add in A Naga witch.Just a new and better name to replace sea hag(A naga unit).(Sound old)

That is all.I will keep testing for you. :wink:

Also,try not to make a unit that has the same name as the another one.
I see that for troll section has 2 troll whelp.

One has option to level up to Troll,Troll roadblocker.
Another has option to level up to Troll,Troll roadblocker and as well Troll shaman.

My suggestion is make the original troll whelp has an option to level up troll shaman.
I think it will best if you try to create some more units which maybe :

Troll mage-Troll shaman-Wise troll

If you need help,PM me.I am glad that i will give you ideas to make this a great era.

Also,it will be cool to add in morel level 0 units.
Also,you don't need to add in any souless based units.

Like Ancient dwares or Soulless wolf rider.

They are just replica of the original version.
You will never escape from justice if you committed a sin that many won't forgive.
Hide all you want but you can't escape from me.
~Divine Crusader~
Longbow

Post by Longbow »

Thanks for testing it :D

Firstly- not sure about the whelps, they should all ''ME Troll Whelp'' which levels to all 3 (and it is called rocklobber not roadblocker btw) Just checked, doesn't seem to be a problem.

Mermen- I just put in the new images from Jetryl that are going to be in mainline soon, the old graphics are going out. These have a different ID at the moment

Nagas- I haven't got the Sea Hag but may add it, hopefully the nagas will get redone though, so it will look out of place.

Trolls- Jetryl is making new troll shaman (my avatar), and will hopefully make level 1 for this and for Troll Hero

Soullesses- I personally like them in there, to help balance recruit options etc. I cannot put original cos until 1.5 you can't do that.

Level 0s- I have quite a lot of them, if more high quality ones are made I'll add them
My inventively named Era
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

and aim to incorporate money transporting caravans as well
it's no longer an aim! ;-D
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
woodmouse

Post by woodmouse »

Sorry, but I won't work on the caravan sprite for some time... :( (I'm making campaign.)
Check out my sprites!