Battle for Mechnoth

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gheist

Battle for Mechnoth

Post by Gheist »

Hello, I am working on a Gundam-esk mech era and campaign. I am using Campgen v 0.25. I’m sure it’s been done before, but I wanted to do it myself. It’s mostly an exeprement to help me learn how to custom make Wesnoth.

I’m reading the tutorial on the Wiki I have found but it is a little hard for me to follow. I have to switch computers to get online and work on Wesnoth. I am asking if there are any other reading materials for me to use. If you know of any I would appreciate that information. Mainly I’m trying to figure out how to make a new terrain. I would need it to operate just like any other. Ideally I would like it to apear in my editor but if I need to enter it manually I will.

If you would like to know more of what I am doing it will be updated below. Feel free to tell me what you think.

I will have unit pictures up. I will have them in their “No team” color, I may make it shift through the MRGB if I get board.

This is a sample list of the units so far.
-Terra Mechs-
Basic Mech (New name pending, input appreciated.)
{HP/MP 60/12 Lvl/Exp 1/60
-Attacks-
{Energy blade-melee blade 16/2
{Fire-ranged fire 10/8 swarm
(^Standard ^)

--Lvl 2--
Gunner Mech
{H/M 80/11 L/E 2/100
-Attacks-
{Standard
{Full auto-ranged fire 12/10 swarm, bezerk

Rocket mount
{H/M 73/13 L/E 2/110
-Attacks-
{Standard
{Missle-missle impact 24/2 magic
(Note: Missles are only counterable by other missles)

The new terrains that I would like to include.
Space: Vast, open… Space… I would like to be high movement, some units get camo, mainly a light scout.
Asteroid- Mainly to break up the monotony of space. It may also hold a resource I.e. spawn point, town, etc.
Ship service- Outside of ships and colonies.
Colony innards- This may be several terains that are used as docks, vents and hallways
I also plan to change the town graphics and edit them to look more era appropriate.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Battle for Mechnoth

Post by Sangel »

This discussion might be better suited to the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.

That said, I highly recommend going to visit the folks at Spacenoth. They've already got a lot of terrain, units, and code going which will make your life a whole lot easier. On the whole, in fact, it would probably be far easier to mod Spacenoth for your purposes than it would be to mod Wesnoth.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Sangel wrote:This discussion might be better suited to the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.

That said, I highly recommend going to visit the folks at Spacenoth. They've already got a lot of terrain, units, and code going which will make your life a whole lot easier. On the whole, in fact, it would probably be far easier to mod Spacenoth for your purposes than it would be to mod Wesnoth.
Spacenoth looks mostly dead. Only a few posts a month for the past few months.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

How about Thunderstone?
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Sangel wrote:This discussion might be better suited to the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.
Agreed. I'm moving it to the Factions & Eras forum 'cos you seem to be fleshing out the units first...