Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vendanna

Re: Era of Magic v4.1 - with idle animations

Post by Vendanna »

Also, again the last version has the dark elves movetype wrong with grassland instead of flat, making the warloks unuseable without changing it. Probably because it works on the 1.4.x of wesnoth neh? ;)

again, same fix as previously to make it work as intended. grassland=flat tundra=frozen, etc.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Done.

It is a good idea with diffrent attack variations. I'll try. :wink:
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Between, just cheking units without amla in order to fix them all at once ;)

Ak-Efreeti
Ak-Elemental-air
Ak-Elemental-fire
Ak-Elemental-ground
Ak-Elemental-water
Tharis-GreatHunter

Kharos-SunProtector --> has amla_tough 2 (Dunno if it works added only for sake of completness)
Kharos-SunRegenerator --> idem

Those are all without amla_default on the last beta.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Done. (thanks again) :wink:

New version Beta 4.2.2 is ready. The hydra has three diffrent attack animations now. :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

They look nice, between again there seems to be problems with the units.cfg for the 1.5.x version lol, here is the correct cfg file, just in case someone will need it.
Attachments
units.cfg
Fixed movetype for the dark elves for 1.5.x version of wesnoth
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I've uploaded this cfg file with the current version on 1.5 server. Everything should work properly now.
Creator of Era of Magic

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I took a look at this era today. The Enlightened Ones and the priests seem to be at a serious disadvantage: none of their units can cross deep water. Are there any plans to give them level one air or water units?
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Temuchin Khan wrote:I took a look at this era today. The Enlightened Ones and the priests seem to be at a serious disadvantage: none of their units can cross deep water. Are there any plans to give them level one air or water units?
The enlightened ones seems laking on water, tought if an elementalist manages to reach water/air mage it can go over it (I guess didn't looked) while the priests could use the light warriors teleport to have a better reach, try to pass over it.

Actually, without testing against human players I cannot fathom how well these faction play, but using the weldyn channel? I found that some factions have problems grabbing the first villages soon.

The clerics has also some problem in that small maps they find a strong opposition and their movility is vastly reduced, but on larger maps they are incredibly strong for the way in which they can place its troops or retreat (using teleport)

Another problem is that the gold costs seems to be placed as a standard (18 gold for the clerics and most factions units) that it may result on high for certain units compared to what you get for, and too low for others.

And for feelings I got playing against the cpu, the dark elves looks like they have the upperhand compared with the others (have a ton of specials) tought I still didn't test to simply use witch spam to defeat all opposition yet. The hydra would benefit of having a better movement over swamp tought.

At the moment, the faction I'm enjoying most to play is the clerics, from which the unit I use less is the white mage without melee attack (reminds me of the dark adept but with a higher cost) the rest seems rather useable with the strongest unit being their warriors (or the units I use most)

also, a graphic glitch I found

enlightened-mage-of-shadow-melee-1-2.png

has the mage turning black, while on the rest of frames the ninja is white.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The enlightened ones seems laking on water, tought if an elementalist manages to reach water/air mage it can go over it (I guess didn't looked) while the priests could use the light warriors teleport to have a better reach, try to pass over it.
That's right. Enlightened Ones should use elementalists in order to reach these two units. But they haven't got any 1lvl swimming unit so Temuchin Khan is right. There were plans to give Subversive mage flying movetype, but I think it would be strange. :?
The clerics has also some problem in that small maps they find a strong opposition and their movility is vastly reduced, but on larger maps they are incredibly strong for the way in which they can place its troops or retreat (using teleport)
That's because of teleport ability.
Another problem is that the gold costs seems to be placed as a standard (18 gold for the clerics and most factions units) that it may result on high for certain units compared to what you get for, and too low for others.
What do you suggest?
the dark elves looks like they have the upperhand compared with the others (have a ton of specials)
I know. Enlightened Ones have varied units, Alchemists have magical units immune to poison, Priests have teleport ability, so dark elves have ton of specials :)
The hydra would benefit of having a better movement over swamp tought
Fixed but not released yet.
also, a graphic glitch I found

enlightened-mage-of-shadow-melee-1-2.png

has the mage turning black, while on the rest of frames the ninja is white
The ninja isn't white. He is invisible. When he is trying to hit an opponent, he uncloaks. :wink:
Creator of Era of Magic

Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

inferno8 wrote:
What do you suggest?
The gld on wesnoth usually has an hidden role on the recruitment, apart of balance of an units worth it especifies their role inside the faction, if its cheaper it usually means that the unit as a broader/general use and you usually use them as main units (what you usually have more of) while a higher cost usually represents a niche unit for specific purposes (dwarvish ulf/and the steadfast one versus the lower cost warrior)

basically, apart of the "power level" that unit offer, think what units do you want to be the principal army and lower their gold a bit while the others could stay at that or get an increase.

That's between is how I see things works on wesnoth at this time, since when I started playing,I tought that they had created a list of ratio of gold cost/stats per unit, tought that wasn't the case when you clearly compare the elvish fighter with the naga warrior. :eng:
The hydra would benefit of having a better movement over swamp tought
Fixed but not released yet.
Ah good. Thank you for your time. :)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

My propositions with comments:

Shielder-15gld :arrow: 15gld (this unit is very weak because it hasn't got any magical attack, but has steadfast ability. I designed it to protect Light Adpets. It should be cheap).
Light Adept-18gld :arrow: 20gld or 19gld (this is a support unit - not mainline - +2gld or +1gld)
Cavalry Archer-18gld :arrow: 18gld (scout - elvish scout cost the same - without changes)
Slicer-18gld :arrow: 20gld (berserker ability - +2gld)
White Warrior-18gld :arrow: ? (I don't know. High defence (70%) and teleport ability... This unit is extremely powerful on big maps so it should be more expensive, but on small maps it has problems so it should cost less).
Creator of Era of Magic

Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

inferno8 wrote:My propositions with comments:

Shielder-15gld :arrow: 15gld (this unit is very weak because it hasn't got any magical attack, but has steadfast ability. I designed it to protect Light Adpets. It should be cheap).
Light Adept-18gld :arrow: 20gld or 19gld (this is a support unit - not mainline - +2gld or +1gld)
Cavalry Archer-18gld :arrow: 18gld (scout - elvish scout cost the same - without changes)
Slicer-18gld :arrow: 20gld (berserker ability - +2gld)
White Warrior-18gld :arrow: ? (I don't know. High defence (70%) and teleport ability... This unit is extremely powerful on big maps so it should be more expensive, but on small maps it has problems so it should cost less).
My proposals are:

Shielder as is.
Light Adept: 17 because it lacks melee attack and while it has a support role it would make them more useable as they are now.
Cavalry archer: agree.
Slicer: 19 gold cost, proposal is 19 to 20 gold cost not for berserk but for having both drain and berserk on an evasive unit.
White warrior: At the moment is the main force that I use in the faction, due to its versatility, maybe put them on 20 gold cost for next beta and further testing could see if they aren't crippled by this.

A question, wouldn't be possible to have a previous level slicer a tad lower in cost but without berserk + drain combo? So the clerics have another decent fighter (example an acrobatic type fighter) that gets their berserk + drain upon lvl up.?

Also, the slicer could benefit more graphically if the other attacks also gets an swoosh, like in the kill animation (where it moves all the body and has the aforementioned swoosh) because the normal attacks looks less flashy compared with the other.

Remember tought, that those are the things I suggest but I'm not forcing to agree with those/implement them. After all I'm only one user that downloaded it to play and see how it looked not a top notch MP developer.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I've uploaded new verison (4.2.3) only on 1.5. I used your configuration for testing.
A question, wouldn't be possible to have a previous level slicer a tad lower in cost but without berserk + drain combo? So the clerics have another decent fighter (example an acrobatic type fighter) that gets their berserk + drain upon lvl up.?
Already done. Slicer->Fanatic (of course I can change the name). They look the same but I will change it soon.
Also, the slicer could benefit more graphically if the other attacks also gets an swoosh, like in the kill animation (where it moves all the body and has the aforementioned swoosh) because the normal attacks looks less flashy compared with the other.
Yeah, I have noticed it too. I will do something with it.
Remember tought, that those are the things I suggest but I'm not forcing to agree with those/implement them. After all I'm only one user that downloaded it to play and see how it looked not a top notch MP developer.
...but currently you're the only one person who helps me :wink:
Creator of Era of Magic

Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Something I found that its probably a bug (aka not intended)

Kharos-LightPriestoflight (is lvl 3 but has leadership lvl 2 instead of lvl 3) Also it advances to itself or other path, its this intended?)

Kharos-LightCleric (needs leadership lvl 2)

The problem with the leadership lvl 1 is that it only gives its bonus to lvl 0 units (which the faction doesn't have any) so in order to inspire the troops, the cleric must have lvl 2 leadership, and the priest of light the lvl 3 (so it affects lvl 2's)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Kharos-LightPriestoflight (is lvl 3 but has leadership lvl 2 instead of lvl 3)
Fixed. Cleric too. New version (4.2.4) released on 1.4 and 1.5. Thanks again :)
Also it advances to itself or other path, its this intended?
Yes. Player has choise. He/She can choose Mastress of Light - extremely powerful healer without attack ability - or stay with Priestess of Light - less effective healer but with leadership and attack ability.
Creator of Era of Magic