Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

-Falcon

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 2.0 out now! Tons of new stuff!

Post by -Falcon »

Nice! :)

Also if you still support 1.12 I've got a few requests/problems. :whistle:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

-Falcon wrote:Also if you still support 1.12 I've got a few requests/problems.
I am all ears :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
-Falcon

Post by -Falcon »

Okay, the balloon's picture is stretched.

Also when the mystical jinn does it's dimensional vortex attack it looks weird.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

-Falcon wrote:Okay, the balloon's picture is stretched.
This happens to all images larger than 72x72 pixels. It is easy to fix by providing a dummy "thumbnail" image. It is purely cosmetic but I will prepare a fix in the next release.
-Falcon wrote:Also when the mystical jinn does it's dimensional vortex attack it looks weird.
Well, it opens a passage between dimensions and this has to look weird. But I have been thinking about improving the whole animation, so expect something better soon.
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Hi, as solicited here is my feedback of balance changes at Era of Magic.

The change is intended to give more consistency at factional balance (by nerfing the obvious brokens and buffing all not so popular units) and aditional considerations. Few changes are exception to this rule, the best example is the gobling shaman which was a bit too strong as mage to be in a warrior's faction and focused it more in the supportive role (and a little more expensive).

Also, extra considerations, attacks and resistances to certain units to compensate the significant nerf of some others, as well Sky Kingdom receive a little hp buff considering that there are not so many hitpoints in this faction early on.

So now there are cool extras to units that weren't that loved at all. The intention of is to flat both OPness and weaknesses of each faction but maintaining their initial essence (that did sound a bit superfluous lol). With once reading the notepad you will clearly understand to what I do want to refer.
Attachments
era of magic fb2.txt
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

IPS wrote:Hi, as solicited here is my feedback of balance changes at Era of Magic.
Hello, IPS :) Thanks to your analysis a new version of Era of Magic is ready!

Era of Magic 2.5 is now available!

This one brings many balancing changes. They are based mostly on IPS' ideas, slightly modified in some places by ForestDragon, who implemented all of this. Many thanks to both of them! :)
Also, there are a few new icons and fancy graphical additions. The list of all changes is below:

Code: Select all

Version 2.5
- Units
	> Kharos:
		* added a new melee attack for cavalry archers
	> Summoners:
		* jinns now have 40% defense on sand/caves, and not just flat/water
	> Barbarians
		* added weak regeneration for Mighty Cyclops branch (regen. +2 for lvl2, +4 for lvl3, and +6 for lvl4. their regeneration abilities slow poison instead of curing it, though)
		* Fire Cyclops: Blade/Pierce resistance from 25% to 20%; Impact resistance from 15% to 20%
		* Ancient Cyclops: Health from 72 to 80; Blade/Pierce reistance from 35% to 25%; Arcane/Cold resistance from 15% to 10%
		* Gobling Shaman: healing+2; Missile is now +skilled instead of +magical
		* Gobling Druid: Heals+4 to heals+5 same with regenerates; Missile is now +Skilled instead of +Magical; cost from 17 to 18
		* Troll Sorcerer: Fire/Cold resistance from 10% to 0%, so can be countered easier by other mages; Price from 18 to 19
		* Troll Fire Wizard: Fire/Cold resistance from 10% to 0%; Price from 36 to 38
		* Troll Warlock: Fire/Cold resistance are both now 15%; Price from 52 to 56
		* Troll Warbanner: FIre/Cold resistance from 30% to 20%;
	> Destroyers
		* Nightmare: Ranged is now +skilled instead of +magical
		* Mara: Chaotic Blast damage from 7-2 to 6-2; Ranged is now +skilled instead of +magical; XP from 100 to 117
		* Apocalypse: from 24-1 to 22-1; ranged attack to 9-2 and is now +skilled
		* Dark Apostle: Devour damage from 38-1 to 36-1; ranged attack to 13-2 and is now +skilled
	> Darkblood Alliance
		* All toads: Water defense from 40% to 30%; Swamp defense 60% -> 50%
		* Heavy Toad: Paw damage from 7-4 to 6-4; Tongue damage from 13-1 to 11-1; Charge from 22-1 to 20-1; Spear (mele) damage from 10-3 to 9-3
		* Dreadnought: Paw damage from 9-4 to 8-4; Tongue damage from 11-2 to 10-2; Charge damage from 33-1 to 30-1; Spear (melee) damage from 13-3 to 12-3; Spear Throw damage from 11-2 to 10-2
		* Ranged Toad:  Paw damage from 7-3 to 6-3; tongue damage to 8-2; Crossbow damage from 10-3 to 9-3
		* Double Ranged Toad: Paw damage from 8-4 to 7-4; Concentrated fire damage from 20-2 to 18-2; Rapid Fire damage from 9-5 to 8-5; split attack to 11-2
		* Shamanistic Toad: Paw damage from 7-3 to 6-3; Cold resistance from 70% to 30%
		* Mystical Toad: Paw damage from 7-4 to 8-3; Fire resistance from 40% to 25% (Adjusting their previous cold resistance to this); Cold resistance from 25% to 40% (Adjusting their previous fire resistance to this)
		* Black Salamander: Fungus defense 40% -> 50%; Mountains movement cost 3 -> 2; Frozen movement cost 3 -> 2
		* Great Wybern scream has +masrkman instead of +skilled
		* Chaos Wybern scream damage from 11-2 to 9-2
		* Chaos Wybern Rider scream damage from 12-2 to 10-2
	> Sky Kingdom
		* Battlemage: health from 35 to 36; missile damage from 8-2 to 9-2; cost from 19 to 20
		* Warmage: health from 51 to 53
		* Sorcerer: Fire/Cold resistance from 10% to 15%
		* Elementalist: health from 25 to 27
		* Mage of Fire: health from 40 to 43; NEW ATACK: Fire Wave 13-2 fire + magical ranged
		* Master of Fire: Fire Wave damage: 17-2 with cleave damage 40% to the 2 adjacement units between the atacker and the defender.
		* Hidden Face: health from 33 to 35
		* Mystic Warrior health from 47 to 49; fixed missing fearless trait
		* Sky Guardian health from 58 to 60; fixed missing fearless trait
		* Subversive mage health from 27 to 29
		* Blackmage health from 44 to 46
		* Voidmage health from 56 to 58
		* Shadow mage health from 52 to 54
	> Summoners:
		* Carpet Rider: Health from 28 to 30; NEW ATACK: Irritant powder 4-1 pierce mele + defense only
		* Carpet Master: Health from 40 to 42; Cold/Fire res from 0% to 10%; Arcane res from 20% to 30%
		* Camel Master price from 24 to 52
		* Dimensional gate: Health from 8 to 17; Blade/Pierce/Impact resistance from 50% to 35%; Arcane resistance from 30% to 40%; Price from 7 to 11 (they do not cost upkeep)
		* Dimensional gate II: Health from 12 to 27; Blade/Pierce/Impact resistance from 50% to 35%; Arcane resistance from 30% to 40%; Price from 15 to 18
		* Fire Avatar: fire breath damage from 6-2 to 7-2
		* Fire God: fire breath damage from 10-2 to 11-2 and fire resistance from 90% to 95% (half damage taken)
		* Jinn: Flat/Water/Sand/Caves defense from 50% to 40%; Mountains/deep water movement cost from 1 to 2; Price from 19 to 20
		* Great Jinn: Movement from 6 to 5; Mountains/deep water movement cost from 1 to 2; Flat/Water/Sand/Cave defense from 50% to 40%
		* Wonderful Jinn: Ultra-Circle damage from 21-1 to 16-1; Mountains/deep water movement cost from 1 to 2; Flat/Water/Sand/Cave defense from 50% to 40%
		* Mystical Jinn: Vortex damage from 23-1 to 19-1; Flat/Water defense from 50% to 40%
		* Rhami: Fire resistance from 0% to -10%; XP from 44 to 52; cost from 16 to 17 
		* Novice Summoner: Health from 35 to 36; Fire/Cold resistance from 0% to 6%; XP from 51 to 47
		* Summoner: Health from 50 to 52; Fire/Cold resistance from 0% to 6%
		* Grand Summoner health from 64 to 67
		* Heavy Summoner health from 66 to 69
		* Neutral Summoner health from 58 to 60
		* Dispeller health from 40 to 44
		* Banisher health from 52 to 57
		* Air Avatar Hurricane damage from 11-2 to 10-2
		* Water elemental Health from 29 to 31
	> Tharis:
		* Most tharis units had problems at having coastal rift as impasable terrain. Set that value to 30% def and 2 Movement cost.
		* Disciple: Health from 27 to 28; Pierce resistance from 0% to 6%
		* Dark Wizard: health from 40 to 42; Pierce resistance from 0% to 6%
		* Master of Darkness: Village/Castle defense from 50% to 60% defense.
	> Runemasters:
		* Ballon: Slam attack has now +defense only
		* Heavy Ballon: Machine Gun (mele) damage from 11-1 to 9-1
		* Flying Fortress: Machine Gun (mele) damage from 19-1 to 16-1
		* Steam Copter Ram damage from 9-1 to 8-1
		* Rune Adept: Fire/Cold resistance from 15% to 10% (like a normal dwarf); cost from 18 to 19
		* Runesmith: Health from 46 to 49; Hammer damage from 9-2 to 8-2; Fire/Cold resistance from 20% to 15%
		* Rune artist: Health from 58 to 61; Fire/Cold resistane from 30% to 20%
		* Rune Master Runic hammer from 16-2 to 17-2
		* Striding Machine health from 49 to 51
		* Drone health from 24 to 25
		* Technician/Constructor: mentioned that his grenades work only in defense.

- Graphics
	* added a dark spark icon to Dark Wizard
	* added a new fangs icon to Mechanical Dragon
	* added a tackle icon for Dharma'rhami
	* added a new ranged icon for the magical eye line, and renamed their ranged attack from 'eye' to 'beam'
	* improved witch fire icon	
	* changed the blades icon of Battle Eye/Cosmic Eye to chakram.png, and renamed the attack to 'blade ring'
	* adjusted Battle Eye's melee animation, so that it matches Cosmic Eye's
	* added a reality warp icon for Cosmic Eye
	* added an ice rune icon for the runeadept line
	* Rune Lord's gun now uses the dragonstaff icon for fanciness
	* made a cannon icon for Flying Fortress
	* made a tail icon for Chaos Wyvern Rider
	* added a katana icon for the Atokpi line
	* added an anti-magic icon for Dark Atokpi, and tweaked Dark Atokpi's anti-magic animation
	* the spear projectile size of atokpis now increases with level
	* barbarian king's/barbarian lord's axe attacks now use the battleaxe.png icon, and renamed the attack to 'battle axe' (edited the mainline_strings file accordingly)
	* made a sword+battleaxe.png icon for barbarian lord/king
	* added a burning fist icon for Master of Fire, and a frozen fist icon for Master of Water
	* renamed the 'frozen fist' attack of water elementals to 'freezing touch'
	* implemented the pike icon for the saurian spearman line
	* the omen line now uses the katana icon for the melee attacks

- Factions
	* added the yellow salamander to the recruit list of the Darkblood faction (in the lvl3 leaders/lvl2 recruits version)
This one is for IPS, the list of all deviations from his original ideas (written by ForestDragon):
Spoiler:
This version is available on both servers (stable and developement) so grab it, play and enjoy! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

wuxiangjinxing

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 2.5 - Lots of improvements!

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

Here is a simply Chinese translation for your GREAT era and hopefully you can include this in your next version.
Attachments
LC_MESSAGES.zip
(49.41 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 2.5 - Lots of improvements!

Post by inferno8 »

wuxiangjinxing wrote:Here is a simply Chinese translation for your GREAT era and hopefully you can include this in your next version.
Thank you, wuxiangjinxing! :) I certainly include your wonderful translation in the next version, which is coming really soon! ;)

Dear Era of Magic fans, do you know we are going to celebrate EoMa's 10th anniversary next month? :D That's right, this addon is almost 10 years old! Can you believe it? :shock: :D Be here on 23 February 2018. Big things are going to happen at that time 8)
Creator of Era of Magic

octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 2.5 - 10th Anniversary!

Post by octalot »

A request - if a Mystical Jinn's dimensional vortex attack has more than 1 strike, please could the animation be disabled, or a multiplayer option added so that the animation can be disabled by the host?

In SXC games, it's quite normal for players to buy +10 strikes and have multiple of those attacks each turn. The result is often that other players quit; for this reason I simply won't allow anyone to choose a Jinn when I'm hosting.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

octalot wrote:A request - if a Mystical Jinn's dimensional vortex attack has more than 1 strike, please could the animation be disabled, or a multiplayer option added so that the animation can be disabled by the host?

In SXC games, it's quite normal for players to buy +10 strikes and have multiple of those attacks each turn. The result is often that other players quit; for this reason I simply won't allow anyone to choose a Jinn when I'm hosting.
good idea! I'll try implement it (but simply as a strongly sped up/slightly simplied version of the animation), and send it to the era's creator. (oh, and I'm his assistant with the era) EDIT: due to technical issues, the change can only be done on 1.13.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Doable like https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... c.cfg#L375. For ageless I plan to disable extra strikes on that attack at all.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ravana wrote:Doable like https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... c.cfg#L375. For ageless I plan to disable extra strikes on that attack at all.
ok.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Thanks to both of you, Forest Dragon and Ravana. The issue in SXC isn't how long the animation takes (most SXC players are using speed x16), it's that the whole screen flashes with the animation (probably worse because we're using x16 speed).

OTOH, if it's nerfed to a single strike in Ageless then it should be ok in Ageless.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

octalot wrote:Thanks to both of you, Forest Dragon and Ravana. The issue in SXC isn't how long the animation takes (most SXC players are using speed x16), it's that the whole screen flashes with the animation (probably worse because we're using x16 speed).
In the next update, the screen flashing will be removed (replaced with a brand new animation)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Here I do post a newer feedback. In overall, stats adjustments, more area of effect nerfs and customisable values for them.
Most of the suggested changes are repricing for lv2 - lv4 units and some XP adjustments.

Some stats are adjusted to be less abusable in orocia/rpg but more useful in pvp like in the case of Mu at becoming its range from 1-12 into 2-6 +first strike as bonus and 24 -> 25 hp to adjust his new damage spread.

And more! feel free to read ^^

Also, a future intention is limiting all area of damage effects like cleave and others in a flat values, so those will not scale with damage improvement which are abusable in RPG game modes. By making them always constant values (same with safe cleave suggestion). Once this is done, only pending stuff would be viewing if any area of damage is potentially too abusable or too overpowered. Area of effect/damage is not very common in wesnoth and is an interesting concept, but actually most cases are overpowered.

For double-attack and split-fire their damages can be higher but with a skill named "dmg ratio x0.65" which multiplicates their global damage to that one indicated value (always, attacking and defending), meaning it will scale worse with bonus damage adquired from external upgrades but not affecting the unit in pvp.
Attachments
era of magic feedback.txt
This version is not definitive, I would like to see how goes the game/era with some of the changes.
(13.18 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide