Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.1 - for 1.14

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.1 is now available!
eoma31promo.jpg
The key features of this release are:
  • new and improved portraits for many units
  • a lot of balancing changes by IPS!
  • implemented the dazzle weapon special
  • improved descriptions
  • new description for Banisher by galegosimpatico
  • racial icons
  • bugfixing
Notes:
This version is only available on 1.14 add-ons server. It was designed specifically for the new stable BfW release in mind.

The add-on requires the "Era of Magic Resources" dependency add-on. The game should automatically download it for you.

The full changelog can be found here:
https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... angeLog.md

I would like to thank ForestDragon and IPS for being involved in development of this release, thank you very much! :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.1.1 is out!

This release incorporates mostly Chewan's feedback, rewritten Banish weapon special code and Soul Catcher ability and a few minor improvements.

Unfortunately the raw translation file is not ready yet, so translators need to wait a bit. Due to a complex code structure of the add-on the creation of a new .po file is quite complicated and I need more time to verify all this stuff. The file should be ready fairly soon, so stay tuned :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Bug report:
Playing Runemasters cannot recruit anything. There is probably an typo in the recruit list.
The new swirling blackhole thingy of Destroyers prints an message every turn about an If not having any then else elseif children.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

The new version 3.1.2 is ready.

Thank you for reporting :) Somehow I had my notifications on Github turned off, so I was not even aware of these issues. It is all fixed now. ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

-Falcon

Post by -Falcon »

In the definition of the Dharma'rhami it says on the last line "Just as keen with their weaponry as their lesser beings, opposition will crushed by a Dharma'rhami with brutal force and tactics." but "be" is missing after "opposition will".

My version of BFW is 1.4.1 and I have the latest version of EoMa.

There's something else wrong with the definition but I just can't put my finger on it. :hmm:
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

The first part of the sentence ("Just as keen with their weaponry as their lesser beings") seems to modify the first noun in the main clause ("opposition"). So it implies that Dharma'rhami's opposition is skilled with their weaponary. Switching the main clause from passive to active should improve things.

"Just as keen with their weaponry as their lesser beings, Dharma'rhami will crush their opposition with brutal force and tactics."

I'm also not sure if "keen" is properly used here; the phrase "keen with their weaponry" sounds weird. If you want to keep a similar sentence structure, maybe something like this would work?

"Always keen to show off their remarkable skill with their weaponry, Dharma'rhami are known for crushing their opposition with brutal force and tactics."
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Good points, -Falcon and Caladbolg. The current Dharma'rhami description indeed sounds a little bit weird. The last proposal sounds great in my opinion:
"Always keen to show off their remarkable skill with their weaponry, Dharma'rhami are known for crushing their opposition with brutal force and tactics."
If there are no other suggestions I'll use it (if you don't mind of course) ;)
I highly encourage everybody to submit their own proposals of descriptions . Even by making tiny contributions you can become a part of this project! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

inferno8 wrote: May 18th, 2018, 11:13 am
If there are no other suggestions I'll use it (if you don't mind of course) ;)
I highly encourage everybody to submit their own proposals of descriptions . Even by making tiny contributions you can become a part of this project! ;)
I like how this is going (quite fun to improve upon others' improvements). anyway, here's mine (including a few small tweaks in the early parts):

"Dharma’rhamis are inflamed with blood-red skin, ornamented in trinkets and carrying a spear along with their two blades. Their frenzied appearance grant them the assumption of being hot-tempered in combat, but it is really more of an intimidation tactic, as they are calm and judicious, fighting with no lust for bloodshed. Still, they are driven with a mysterious intent for vengeance in the summoners’ ranks. Always keen to show off their remarkable skill with their weaponry, Dharma'rhamis crush any opposition with ease."
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Oh, sorry, didn't notice that that's just a part of a bigger description. It seems the whole thing is in need of a revision. Main problems:
"Dharma’rhamis are inflamed with blood-red skin"- when talking about body parts, "inflamed" means swollen or irritated, often by an infection.
"to grant an assumption" is a phrase meaning "to pretend an assumption is true for the sake of an argument"
Possible fix:
With skin as red as blood, armed with more weapons than a human could hold, and carrying a cup of raging fire, Dharma'rhami's appearance is likened to that of a frenzied war god. While they are usually believed to be extremely hot-tempered because of this, they are actually quite calm and judicious, using their displays of power as an intimidation tactic and fighting with no lust for bloodshed. Always keen to show off their remarkable skill with their weaponry, they are said to be capable of crushing any opposition with ease.
I removed the part "Still, they are driven with a mysterious intent for vengeance in the summoners’ ranks." because I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean "They are a part of summoner's ranks that is driven by vengeance (in general)" or "They want vengeance against their summoners"?
And feel free to use anything, you don't need to ask :)
galegosimpatico

Post by galegosimpatico »

I have never translated anything ever, but I thought I was familiar enough with TLU as to attempt a translation of EoMa.
I read a translation guide in https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... readme.txt, so I followed verbatim.

You can access the docs fetching from http://driedleav.es/wesnoth-EoM_20180520/es_ES.po and http://driedleav.es/wesnoth-EoM_20180520/es_ES.mo.

The es_ES.po doc has been made by using Poedit as per instructed, and the other doc es_ES.mo is been regenerated by Poedit each time es_ES.po gets saved.

This has been a translation completely out of https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... on_file.po and does not use any other translation works by no one (I am a clueless newcomer, at least when it comes to translation). While https://github.com/inferno8/wesnoth-Era ... f_Magic.mo (current translation) is sized 136KiB, http://driedleav.es/wesnoth-EoM_20180520/es_ES.mo (my translation) is sized 205KiB, so, while obviously not necessarily better, at least I'm confident it has to be substantially more extense and also quite more up to date.

For what is worth, and just in the case I could have any choice at it, then I choose to license both http://driedleav.es/wesnoth-EoM_20180520/es_ES.po and http://driedleav.es/wesnoth-EoM_20180520/es_ES.mo, to you in perpetuity under the same terms of license as its parent project EoMa.

23rd May 2018 fixed broken links.
Last edited by galegosimpatico on May 23rd, 2018, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Great! :D Thank you very much for translating the add-on :) I will include the files in the next version of EoMa :)

Speaking of translations, the user Chewan noticed that not all of EoMa's strings are translated in-game even with a 100% translation. There are two reasons for this: 1) there may be missing underscores in some strings in the add-on's code which need to be added and 2) the WesPo 2.2 software I am using for the generation of the raw translation file has problems understanding the code of abilities and fails to include some entries in a .po file.

So, if anyone encounters a string which is still in english despite 100% language translation, let me know, so I can include it manually in the raw translation file ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

Fortaleza

Post by Fortaleza »

There are a bug in summon ability. I cannot summon using any unit with this ability.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello, Fortaleza.
The ability works for me. Could you be more specific? What is your version of the game and the version of Era of Magic? Also, did you level up your units or just put them on a map using debug command? Please note that summoning requires a unit with full movepoints and that unit cannot stand on a castle/keep hex as well as on water.
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.2

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 3.2 is now available!

This is quite a big update focusing mostly on better balance, unit renamings, new and improved descriptions, code cleanup and bugfixing. There is also a new unit!

I would like to thank Ravana for his outstanding work with pointing many code inconsistencies as well as suggesting multiple fixes for some issues. Thank you very much! :D
Also, I'd like to thank ForestDragon for suggesting the new unit and preparing another big balance patch for EoMa. The vast majority of changes were made by him. Thanks! :D

Note: you need this version to play the latest version of To Lands Unknown campaign, keep that in mind. And don't forget to download the most recent version of Era of Magic - Resources add-on!

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

Era of Magic - ChangeLog
------------------------

## Version 3.2
 ### Units
    * Barbarians:
	 * Cyclops: blade res. from 20% to 10%; pierce res. from 20% to 5%; impact res. from 0% to 10%
	 * Cyclops Breaker: blade res. from 20% to 10%; pierce res. from 20% to 5%; impact res. from 10% to 15%
	 * Cyclops Brute: blade res. from 20% to 10%; pierce res. from 20% to 5%; impact res. from 10% to 15%
	 * Raging Cyclops: renamed to Cyclops Warmonger; blade res. from 20% to 10%; pierce res. from 20% to 5%; impact res. from 10% to 20%
	 * Cyclops Goliath: blade res. from 20% to 15%; pierce res. from 20% to 6%; impact res. from 15% to 25%
	 * Goblin Hunter: increased defense by 10% on many terrain types; nerfed blade/pierce/impact resistances from 0% to -10%, and reduced hp from 31 to 29 (to compensate for the terrain defense buff)
	 * Goblin Assassin: increased defense by 10% on many terrain types; nerfed blade/pierce/impact resistances from 0% to -10%, and reduced hp from 42 to 40 (to compensate for the terrain defense buff)
	* Darkblood Alliance:
	 * Saurian Shooter: renamed to Saurian Blowgunner
	 * Toad Shaman: nerfed pierce resistance to -20%
	 * Mystical Toad: renamed to Toad Mystic; nerfed pierce resistance to -20%; nerfed fire resistance to 20%
	 * Wyvern and Great Wyvern: 10% fire resistance
	 * Chaos Wyvern: 20% fire resistance
	 * Wyverns in general: changed impact resistance from -20% to 0%, but pierce from 0% to -20% 
    * Destroyers:
	 * added a new unit: Cyclops Necromancer (he's an alternative advancement for Cyclops Skeleton, summoning a free lvl0 zombie unit next to self each turn)
	 * Fallen Cyclops King: can now summon lvl1 Destroyers for a price
	 * Dark Portal: nerfed cold resistance from 40% to 30% (to make the unit counter-able with runeadept/shamistic adept line units, as those factions don't have arcane damage), but buffed arcane resistance from 10% to 15% (to make the unit a bit less frail vs Kharos)
	 * Infernal Vortex: nerfed cold resistance from 40% to 30% (to make the unit counter-able with runeadept/shamistic adept line units, as those factions don't have arcane damage), but buffed arcane resistance from 10% to 15% (to make the unit a bit less frail vs Kharos)
	 * Zombie Goblin Kamikaze: fixed the goblin kamikaze's ability not working
	* Kharos:
	 * Adept of Light: renamed to Cleric
	 * Cleric: renamed to Bishop
	 * Massive Kharos War Banner: renamed to Grand Kharosian Warbanner
	 * Protector: renamed to Hoplite
	 * Prophet of Light: nerfed arcane resistance from 80% to 60%, but buffed fire/cold resistances from 0% to 10%
	 * Solar Guardian: buffed impact resistance from 0% to 10%
	 * Kirios: nerfed arcane resistance from 90% to 80%, nerfed fire/cold resistances from 70% to 60%, buffed impact resistance from 10% to 15% (as a compensation), reduced price from 85 gold to 75
	* Runemasters:
	 * Tanks: renamed 'mini-cannons' to 'machine gun'; renamed 'explosive ammo' to 'cannons'
	* Sky Kingdom:
	 * Guru: renamed to Guru of Magic
	 * Mage of Air: renamed to Aeromancer
	 * Mage of Fire: renamed to Pyromancer
	 * Mage of Water: renamed to Hydromancer
	* Tharis:
     * Raging Hydra: renamed to Great Hydra
	 * Storm Sphere: removed the energy boost ability, but added a new ranged attack called life drain (9-2 cold, magical and drain), as well as buffed impact resistance from 0% to 10%
	 * Matriarch of Darkness: buffed most resistances so they're as high as Great Witch's, but nerfed melee from 9-3 to 8-3
	 * Bladedancer: buffed impact resistance from -20% to -10%; buffed cold resistance from 0% to 20%; nerfed arcane resistance from 20% to 0%
	 * Sworddancer: buffed impact resistance from -20% to -10%; buffed cold resistance from 0% to 20%; nerfed arcane resistance from 20% to 0%
	 * Dark Commander: nerfed cold resistance from 20% to 10%, and fire resistances from 10% to 20% (to add a bit more uniqueness to the unit)
	 * Dark General: nerfed cold resistance from 20% to 10%, and fire resistances from 10% to 20% (to add a bit more uniqueness to the unit)
	 * Dark Warlord: changed fire resistance from 10% to 20%
	 * Great Warlock: changed blade resistance from 20% to 10%
	 * Master of Darkness: blade res. from 35% to 30%, pierce res. from 35% to 30%
 ### Abilities
    * Dark Aura: now it behaves like illuminates, but for chaotic units
    * Magic Absorber ability: now the ability only buffs resistances by 70%, instead of 99%
    * Banishment: made banishment values linear
	* improved the cleave special (now nearby allies can no longer killed by the cleave damage (their health can't go below 1, like with poison). Also fixed cleave not checking whether the hit units are petrified or not)
	* improved the all-around special (friendly units can no longer be killed with the aoe damage (the special doesn't reduce the hp below 1, like poison). also added a petrification check)
	* improved beam special (like other aoe abilities, it no longer kills friendly units hit by the aoe damage)
	* improved the area of effect special (like others, it now can't kill friendly units)
 ### Graphics
    * improved Dharma'rhami tackle animation
	* improved Bone Golem line headbutt animation
	* improved wonderful and mystical jinn's melee animations
	* improved the battle toad/dreadnought spear animations
	* improved the wyvern rider line spear animations
	* new scream animation for Wyverns and Piryflies lines
	* fixed great witch's curse animation timing
	* changed runeaura ability image/portrait
 ### Descriptions
    * added Roc Master description
    * added Chosen of Forest description
    * added Mystic description
    * added Cleric description
    * added Dwarvish Tank description
    * added Cyclops Breaker description
    * added Goblin Hunter description
    * various description improvements
	* fixed misleading special notes
 ### Code
    * added hit/die sounds to kharos warbanner line
    * renamed all instances of {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}
	* added eoma_ prefix to all races
	* replaced eomaprecision with eoma_precision
	* fixed incorrect add-on prefix
	* fixed incorrect faction id suffixes
	* fixed some trait issues
	* fixed typos
	* replaced defense_weight=0 with [disable]
	* removed duplicated tags
	* fixed drone advancement issues
	* fixed double macro definitions
	* changed hide_help.cfg loading order
	* improved the awake ability code
 ### Translations
    * updated the Spanish translation
Enjoy! ;)

Oh, and stay tuned people! My forum friend ForestDragon has been working recently on a really cool add-on. It should be ready this summer. I am sure you will love it. I had a chance to play the alpha version and it was very addictive :lol: :D
Creator of Era of Magic

FFA

Post by FFA »

Fortaleza wrote: June 14th, 2018, 4:40 am There are a bug in summon ability. I cannot summon using any unit with this ability.
I came here to report this exact same bug. Some details:
Wesnoth (Steam) - Version 1.14.3 (51609d2-Clean)
Running on Windows 10 Enterprise (10.0.17134)
3.1.2 Era of Magic /1.1.0 Resources - updating to 3.2.0 and 1.1.1 did not fix the issue

Currently, this is what comes up when right clicking the Goblin Warbanner Image

Units were recruited normally in a local multiplayer game.
Hope that helps!