Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.1.1 released!

Post by inferno8 »

The "female^" thing indicates that the phrase next to it should be translated using the feminine gender. This applies to certain languages in which gender forms are present. For example in Polish the word "adept" is the masculine, while its female form is achieved by adding "-ka" ending, resulting in "adeptka" (a female version of adept).

So if you encounter such a thing, just remove the "female^" part and translate the main word using feminine gender (if it exists in your language).
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Pepe

Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.1.1 released!

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

Here is spanish translation for 1.1.1 released (100% translated).

I had to translate only 3 lines because 1.1.0 was translated some months ago, all of them were ambush descriptions: cave, swamp and water ones.

All descriptions were the same and were about forest ambush. I thought it was a mistake and i did translation looking at labels and not at the forest ambush description.

Thanks for maintain this add-on that i like a lot.

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
es.zip
(106.56 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Ilrandar

Post by Ilrandar »

Hi,

I keep translating and I keep playing your campaign. I've just finished it, it's really amazing ! I want the end of the story, is it planned ?

Anyway, when I saw one of your level I got an idea :
Spoiler:
I'm not a designer or anything, but I tried to make a recruit animation for the mara. So now they appear in a dark ball. ^^
Animation
Animation
output.gif (15.6 KiB) Viewed 8441 times
Keep it if you like.

In the archive, there are the images you have to store in the destroyers-mara folder and the new mara1.cfg text file with the recruit animation.

That's it ! ^^

PS : Does anyone know how to create an animated image so I can show you what it looks like ? Like a gif or something...
Edit : I found thanks ! ^^
Attachments
mara1-recruit.zip
Recruit animation for the lvl1 mara
(24.29 KiB) Downloaded 1237 times
Ready to translate any add-on to french. Just ask and I'll tell you if I've got time. ^^
Ilrandar

Post by Ilrandar »

I keep thinking I can make a nice animation and my ugly drawings can't stop me. I made another one, for maras of lvl2.
More or less the same idea : a gate appears and it comes out.
See by yourselves :
output.gif
output.gif (18.54 KiB) Viewed 8426 times
I also modified the mara2.cfg text file as I did for the first one, by adding the recruit anim as it is called. And the images to place in the same folder as previously.
Give you this. Keep it if you like. You also can modify it and everything a GPLv2 license allows (because it is the one used for every add-on of wesnoth, right ? ^^)
Attachments
mara2-recruit.zip
(33.93 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Ready to translate any add-on to french. Just ask and I'll tell you if I've got time. ^^
Ilrandar

Post by Ilrandar »

Hey !

A new animation, for this time, the Dimensional Gate 2.
I've been disappointed when I saw it didn't have the same kind of animation than the DG, so I created those (just have to change colors with GIMP).

Here is the new recruit anim, also used for moving (as DG1) :
A black background, because you couldn't see anything if it was white ^^
A black background, because you couldn't see anything if it was white ^^
output.gif (17.11 KiB) Viewed 8389 times
And I have modified the file, copying for the main part what was written in Dimensional_Gate.cfg to Dimensional_Gate_2.cfg.
The images have to be stored to al-kamija-enchanted-ones and the .cfg file to his previous place : units/al_Kamija

That's it !
Attachments
Dimensional_Gate_2.zip
(24.47 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Ive applied simple team-color to some of the barbarian sprites, those that i will be using for my Southerners faction.
Im uploading incase youd like to use, also managed to fix tc on goblins but screwed up the shading of attack anim at cyclops-attack-2.

EDIT: I end up using Tharis for Dark Elves, carefully applied team-color to (almost) all sprites, attaching those too.
Also made this flag with an old prop found in an old version of a naga campaign. The prop i had saved around for editing but never got any idea to do with.
darkelf-flag-1.png
darkelf-flag-1.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 8174 times
Intent was to draw a spider-like symbol on something sufficiently large, instead i end up with something like an tiny carpet hanged on a mast, to dry after being washed. Well somehow i liked the result in its own way but needless to say its not animated, could somebody here animate it ? would have simple sway similar to blackeye flag in sotbe-campaign.
and here is its icon:
darkelf-flag-icon.png
darkelf-flag-icon.png (534 Bytes) Viewed 8174 times
Attachments
elves-dark.tar
(457 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
orcs-southerner.tar
(612 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I noticed that based on http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Era_of_Ma ... f_Air.html Mage of Air loses skirmisher on levelup, and Mage of Water loses healing.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Ravana wrote:I noticed that based on http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Era_of_Ma ... f_Air.html Mage of Air loses skirmisher on levelup, and Mage of Water loses healing.
It looks like the Wesnoth Units Database you are refering to, shows false information. If you play the era, you will notice that these units do not loose their abilities at all ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

tommy2teeth

Post by tommy2teeth »

I am working on some profile images for Ageless Era factions and I need some help. One of my favorite factions are the Destroyers of EOMA. The one problem I have in making profile images for the Destroyers is that I have no real idea what they are. Is there a description of each unit posted anywhere, or could you provide some information on what was the inspiration behind each base unit? Thank you.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I believe ABILITY_MOUNTAINAMBUSH should not include Ds, that is normal sand. Maybe it should also match forested hills?

Jinn vortex animation flipping could be removed with auto_vflip, like https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 8d550cdf09.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sup inferno, I'm here to coment about a line in al-Kamija, the fire elementals.

It's known that fire elementals are the least loved of the 4 elementals in the faction, mostly because their stats are the most meh at lv2 and lv3. I find their lv2 fine, but their lv3 damage is a bit too low for lv3 standards (Arch Mages in default are 12-4 and have 6-2 mele as well) and many more units deals more than just 36 magical damage in lv3.

Would like to give some sugestions about this line too:
1.- They're not birds like gryphons or Rocs, a flame having -20% impact resistance looks somehow out of place. Would sugest you to make it to 0% or +10% impact resistance for balance purposes.
2.- Their Fire special is the least useful between all elementals, lava terrain isn't present in any map, could you instead give some more base health to Fire Avatars?
3.- When advancing to lv2, this unit loses any chances to gain 60% def at castle/village/mountains terrain, fact that is hated by some survival players like in Orocia map; but at least it gains much better movement costs and 50% flat defense which is very valuable, but most people seems to not like that change at all due the loss of 60% defenses.
4.- Could you make Fire god mele damage to 8-5 or 11-4 or give it a very weak ranged atack? Illuminates is very useful for summoners to deal more damage, but by itself it's dealing a bit too low damage compared to other support units.

Well apart of this, I noticed that while playing, I noticed summoners need a way too much xp to lv3. I've seen in this era other units that with less xp are more rewarding offensively. Would sugest to make lv2 -> lv3 to need only 85 xp (instead of 100) in 100% xp values. But you can increase the lv3 -> lv4 requeriments by 15 xp in order to not change the total xp needed to level up a lv2 summoner into lv4 in 2 advancements.

Well, would like that you do a revision on the points given, It's what I have to mention for now.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thank you for your suggestions, IPS. I'll take a look at the fire elementals as well as other units.

I am going to deliver a huge balancing patch before BfW officially hits Steam, so stay tuned :)
Creator of Era of Magic

IPS

Post by IPS »

Alright, post that when the moment arrives, so I can give some sugestions in the balance part.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, there have been no recent comments but I thought I should step up and say the era of magic is very well done. :D

Also @ inferno8 - I do not know if you do requests, but if you do I would think it was great to have an advancement for the troll fire wizard and the goblin sniper

Thank you for making this era (I have used some of its units in my era)
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

I do not know if you do requests, but if you do I would think it was great to have an advancement for the troll fire wizard and the goblin sniper
You are writing this in a perfect moment :D I am about to release a huge update to EoMa this month (if everything goes well) and it would be good to have these advancements in ;)

I have already implemented 7 new units, remastered more than a thousand images and animations, added team colors, as well as created new abilities and weapon specials.

Everything is ready in 95% so stay tuned - Era of Magic 2.0 is coming!
Creator of Era of Magic