Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.0 released!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 1.1.0 is now available!

This version is required to play the latest To Lands Unknown campaign. It also includes some balancing changes and new graphics.

Code: Select all

Version 1.1.0

- Translation
    * Bound the Nightmare line's files to wesnoth-Era_of_Magic instead of wesnoth-units
    * Updated translations: German, Italian, Polish

- Factions
    * Fixed list of random leaders for the Tharis and Barbarians factions in the Masters & Slaves era

- Eras
    * EoMa RPG
        * Fixed the path to the Destroyers' symbol image

- Units
    * The Toad and Corrupted Shaman regenerate 6 HP per turn again
	* Improved defences & movement costs on cave terrain for units: Carpet Rider, Carpet Master, Fire Avatar, Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Water Avatar, Water God
	* Omen cost: 20g
	* Mara cost: 17g
	* Atokpi hp (lvl 1-3): 30 40 50

- Abilties
	* Moved Destroyers' plague ability to a separate file

- Portraits
	* New portraits for units: Great Efreeti, Guru, Master of Air, Master of Sun, Carpet Rider/Master

- Graphics
	* New sprites for Fire Avatar and Fire God
If you are having trouble downloading the Era of Magic from the addons server, you can download it from here:
EoMa (1.1.0): http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... gic/1.1.0/

Enjoy! :)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
alluton

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.1.0 released!

Post by alluton »

I thank you once again. However it seems that growing fury doesn't work.(Tried this whit To lands unknown)
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

alluton wrote:I thank you once again. However it seems that growing fury doesn't work.(Tried this whit To lands unknown)
Testing Growing Fury on a local game (BfW v1.11.6+dev (2a85569-Clean) on Ubuntu 12.04) shows that it works perfectly fine. alluton, which versions of Era of Magic, To Lands Unknown and The Battle for Wesnoth do you have? On which OS are you running them? Related to that, are EoMa and TLU fully updated? If not, you should get the latest versions.

That said, I got the following terminal output when I tested the aforementioned problem:

Invalid WML found: "Regenerate + 2" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Regenerate + 4" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Regenerate + 6" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Regenerate + 8" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Terrain link" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
Invalid WML found: "Upkeep Band" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
SiegeTank

Post by SiegeTank »

Greetings, I was playing around with a runemasters and I noticed that the length of the rune aura is bound to expire at the start of the turn. I dont know if it is possible to mod but I think it would be more balanced if it expired at the beginning of the player's turn rather than beginning of the new cycle..
The way it is at the moment in a 4 player game, player 4's rune aura lasts for 1 turn, and the ally of that player would not be able to benefit from it. While player 1's rune aura lasts till the end of the cycle allowing any other ally after that to make use of it(as well as for defending purposes).

P.s. great job with the new icons, it brings a bit more realism to the units(gurus and company) (I just saw that its a very old upgate:D I came back to the game from a 2 year absence:)
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
wesnoth-Era_of_Magic.zip
(55.67 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Hello, I just want you to know that i used some of your specials as growing fury or split fire or double attack. They were made for unit types & attacks names what's not best option when you do event to steal dead enemy weapons. Below you will find events for this specials without using units types & attack names.

Growing Fury
Spoiler:
Double Attack
Spoiler:
Split Fire
Spoiler:
I tested them and they works.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I can assure you they do not work, you have old convention descriptions there. Either way that is not relevant for this thread, keeping compatibility for your addon is your own responsibility. I agree that using only ability id, it is easier to maintain but you should not force that view.

What you achieve with this way is just conflicting macros.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

1. I dont try force anyway.
2. I wanted to show here other way for these 3 macros.
3. As i said, they are tested and works (means that i opened game in Wesnoth 1.10 and I tried it), growing fury (posted higher adds 3 more dmg per each successful strike, you put there right value which you want for dmg bonus and thats all, other two dont need any changes).
4. The advantages of this solution is available option to use this weapon special in item and add it later to any unit.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.0 released!

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic 1.1.1 is now available!

This version includes some balancing changes, one updated translation and utilizes the new feedback feature - now you can access this thread and report bugs quickly by using the new add-ons manager (BfW 1.12+ only).

Version 1.1.1

- Translation
	* Updated translation: Polish

- Units
	* Increased Hydra's fire vulnerability (110% instead of 90%)
	* Increased Disciple's cost (16g instead of 14g)
	* Increased Dark Warriors's cost (16g instead of 15g) and decreased his hitpoints (28 instead of 32)

- Misc
	* Added the [feedback] tag
If you are having trouble downloading the Era of Magic from the addons server, you can download it from here:
EoMa (1.1.1): http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... gic/1.1.1/

Note: There may be some animations not playing properly in this version. If you encounter any of these, please report.

Enjoy! :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Ilrandar

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.1.1 released!

Post by Ilrandar »

Hello,

I'm found of your add-on and I would like to translate it into French. But I absolutely ahve no idea of how to do it. I guess there must be some text file to translate, as the one you gave for your campaign but I can't find it.

Could you describe the step to translate EoMa (or link to a page describing it) ?

Thank you ! ^^
Ready to translate any add-on to french. Just ask and I'll tell you if I've got time. ^^
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello Ilrandar and welcome to the forums :)

The translation process is rather simple:
1) download the .po file,
2) open it with .po file editor (I use PoEdit - http://www.poedit.net/),
3) start translating,
4) when you are done, rename your file to your country's abbreviation (in this case fr.po),
5) post it here

If you really need to go in-depth, there is a wiki section dedicated to translations for BfW:
http://wiki.wesnoth.org/WesnothTranslations

I have attached the clean .po file to this post. Feel free to use it.
Attachments
EoMa_po_file.zip
(36.69 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Creator of Era of Magic

Ilrandar

Post by Ilrandar »

Hi,

I started the translation, it should be soon ended.

Today, when I played, I had three errors :

<Invalid WML found> "Beam" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
<Invalid WML found> "Damaging aura" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.
<Invalid WML found> "Slowing aura" follows a deprecated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.

I have Era of Magic 1.1.1
Ready to translate any add-on to french. Just ask and I'll tell you if I've got time. ^^
Pepe

Era of Magic (EoMa) 1.1.1 released!

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

What about spanish translation that you can see in a 25-10-2014 post?

I posted a To lands unknow translation at the same date.

Two of them were 100% translated.

Pepe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Pepe wrote:What about spanish translation that you can see in a 25-10-2014 post?
If it is not included in the current release, it will be in the next one. Thank you for pointing this out.
Creator of Era of Magic

Ilrandar

Post by Ilrandar »

Hello,

I keep translating and I was wondering : what am I supposed to do with that ?
female^Adept of Light
Do I translate the word "female" or is it used by the game to understand it is only a female character ?

Thanks !