Dwarves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

ok i want your honest oppinion is this a piece of junk or not that bad

Description:
Though many think that the dwarves are all (almost) civilized people, in dwarvish fashion, there are some who did not come with the main body of dwarves to Wesnoth. A group of dwarves came some years later, after becoming almost docile from lack of outside intelligence, to Wesnoth and when they came across their dwarven brethren they saw them not as their brethren but a different race and were hesitant as to showing themselves to these “shiny heads” they delved a new tunnel leading far to the east of the main dwarven host when they came to the sunlight they were amazed by the many miles of blue that lay before them for it was blue grass with long blue leaves and they were not accustomed to it. They saw in the distance a place where the blue grass mixed with water and they destroyed their tunnel for fear of an attack from behind. They then set out across the blue grass to the water and when they arrived they stopped to rest and they discovered that their whole lower body had turned blue. Many began taking the blue leaves surrounding them rubbing themselves with them and watched as their skin turned from a grimy light brown to a dazzling blue from the oils in the woad leaves. They made defenses in the swamp and began to craft a new life for themselves and they adapted surprisingly quickly to their surroundings and became quite skillful at living their
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

It's a reasonable start, but you should be aware that the dwarves have been on the Great Continent (home of the nation of Wesnoth) much longer than the humans and orcs - they and the elves are the continents natives, humans and orcs are comparatively recent immigrants.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

arent the elves and the trolls the natural inhabitants and the dwarves migrated there from some unknown land?
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

an honest opinion?
Where does that blue stuff come from? why would they want to be blue? are theysmurfs?
It seems all a bit strange. And hasn't got the feeling of dwarves.
If they live in the swamps they are dwarven/saurians? but they are blue so they are dwarven/mermen?

Where is that blue land?
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

an honest opinion?
Where does that blue stuff come from? why would they want to be blue? are they smurfs?
It seems all a bit strange. And hasn't got the feeling of dwarves.

the blue stuff is from the woad leaves. i got the idea from early scottish men who would attack britan with no clothes just painted blue. and it helps them blend with some of the swamps. also keep in mind that i did not write these dwarves to be particularly bright ,not dumb but not bright either. and i was told to create something unigue and dwarves who are unigue arent like other dwarves... and no their not smufs alothough that would be a good idea...lol kidding
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

the blue stuff is from the woad leaves. i got the idea from early scottish men who would attack britan with no clothes just painted blue. and it helps them blend with some of the swamps. also keep in mind that i did not write these dwarves to be particularly bright ,not dumb but not bright either maybe they thought they looked cool in blue. and i was told to create something unigue and dwarves who are unigue arent like other dwarves... and no their not smufs alothough that would be a good idea...lol kidding
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

the blue stuff is from the woad leaves. i got the idea from early scottish men who would attack britan with no clothes just painted blue. and the blue helps the dwarves blend in with some of the swamps. also keep in mind that i did not write these dwarves to be particularly bright ,not dumb but not bright either maybe they thought they looked cool in blue. and i was told to create something unigue and dwarves who are unigue arent like other dwarves... and no their not smufs alothough that would be a good idea...lol kidding
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

sorry im new at this
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

That's ok.
Maybe, just my opinion, you should concentrate on the rest of their lore. after all that blue business is really an accessory.
an dwarf even blue is still the same dwarf, you have to add more depth to it.

See is this a new race? no it's a blue dwarf....
Attachments
bluerunner.png
bluerunner.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

no thats a dwarf with blue clothes. it all comes down to the units wich i have some notes about but wasnt sure if i should post them or not... and im not trying to create a new race just clan
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Mirion147 wrote:when they came to the sunlight they were amazed by the many miles of blue that lay before them for it was blue grass
Did they tunnel their way to northeast Kentucky or did they just hear some music?
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Yep and theyplay instruments out there in the swamps... its like a dwarven Bayou...
A dwarf with a banjo...with his swamp friend.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

A bluegrass band of dwarves... This faction has unique potential after all! :lol:

And seriously, use the edit button instead of 4 posts in a row of just about the same thing.
Last edited by Aethaeryn on February 14th, 2008, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

hey you know adding some music wouldnt be such a bad idea i get kinda bored of the bumb bumbing of the regular version...lol... but should i pst my notes or not??
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Mirion147 wrote:hey you know adding some music wouldnt be such a bad idea i get kinda bored of the bumb bumbing of the regular version...lol... but should i pst my notes or not??
Why not?

But one more tip: using capitalization and punctuation tends to make you taken more seriously on forums. I'm not talking about perfect grammar, but at least distinguishing sentences/paragraphs.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)