Minotaur Faction : The Era Of Strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Quietus
Art Contributor

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.1.2 on add-ons list

Post by Quietus »

Ok ive fixed the TC problem.. i hope lol.

The mystic still comes out as pink sometimes (i think its the same problem Megane has with the windsong unit)

EDIT: in the games ive played the Minotaurs tend to excel against undead and loyalists. Centaurs with trample, giant eagles with slam attacks and arcane from the shaman all work well against the undead. They really suffer at the hands of Drakes, due to lack of pierce, and the only unit that is of anyuse tends to be either the centaur of the gnoll.
Attachments
new TC.zip
(18.61 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Hi again, guys!
Like one of the guys in our game the other day, Quietus, I've also discovered a typo in the divine health description. In utils/abilities.cfg, ABILITY_DIVINE_HEALTH gives a 3 HP regeneration and it's description also says it gives 3 HP, but it seems some minotaurs have the enhanced version, ABILITY_DIVINE_HEALTH_ENHANCED, which gives a 6 HP regeneration but it's description still says 3 HP.

No big deal, but I guess it is something to check out :)
cretin

Post by cretin »

ok wow i just played and i have to say the gnolls are way too powerful for their price. they are crazy killer machines.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Although, elves simply thrash the minotaurs easily -- NOT
Last edited by Unnheulu on March 19th, 2008, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

xer wrote:Although, elves simply thrash the minotaurs easily.
Hmm i ahve yet to actually play elves with them, so i'll have to take your word. I need to start playing against some EOM factions as that is ideally what i want the minotaur faction to be balanced with.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

xer wrote:Although, elves simply thrash the minotaurs easily.
Yes, I found that to be the case. Magi, archers, and riders are the best units. Only counter unit is the Gnoll, but he get's slaughtered by Fighters.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Gena

Post by Gena »

:? i just downloaded the era and played it minotaurs vs Loyalists and well... umm... the minotaurs were slaughtered very easily i suggest you make them more ressistant or better attack
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Gena wrote::? i just downloaded the era and played it minotaurs vs Loyalists and well... umm... the minotaurs were slaughtered very easily i suggest you make them more ressistant or better attack
I played the same match, and the minotaurs slaughtered the loyalists, try playing several games, and make sure you're not a new person to the game. (IMHO the minotaurs are overpowered, they have low prices and are very powerful)
cretin

Post by cretin »

i have to agree with xer they are monsters on the battlefield. they have pretty bad defense but their attack and damage is incredible. what ive got from them so far.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Alright, 0.1.7 is now uploaded to the addons server.

-I have gave the Behemoth line better defense (and a new special notes macro to describe this) and gave the Behemoth more HP and reduced the Behemoth line's cost a little bit
-I committed the corrected images
-I gave the Minotaurs the default traits
-I corrected some typos
-Gave the Giant Eagle line the Fly Special Notes macro
-Corrected the Chieftain's kusarigama attack to be ranged
-Reduced the Gnoll line's bow strikes from 6 to 5, and I have increased their cost and gave them a couple more MP
-Gave the Minotaurs a 10% resistance to cold
-Reduced the Centaur and the Forest Raider's MP to 7 and the Centaur Knight line's MP to 6
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I just downloaded the most recent version and tried these things for the first time, and here is what I have to say.

These things are quite impressive, and a little overpowered at the moment.
One thing you need to fix though is the behemoth for their price these things are incredibly overpowered.

If you go of the ulfserker as a model, these things have more hp, lots more damage, and can defend well in the woods (ulfserkers can't everywhere), and on top of this they are cheaper.

Ulfserkers area easily counterable by any faction. Any basic melle unit will kill an ulfserker, however most melle units will lose to a behemoth especialy at night. These things realy deserve a much higher cost, on the lines of 21-24.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Alright 0.1.8 uploaded.

-Weakened Behemoth line a bit and upped its costs.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Having played a couple quick games against myself I reckon that was a bit of an overnerf. With the new stats a cost of 22 or so would be more approriate.

Is their a reason knolls have 70% defence on villages, or is it flavor (this is a question not a concern)

These things are incredibly fun to play with (I just have to test them vs devilings sometime, the most expensive faction in the game, vs the least expensive)
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Velensk wrote: Is their a reason knolls have 70% defence on villages, or is it flavor (this is a question not a concern)
Uh no, does it have 70% on swamp villages and not other villages? Because swamps are its main flavor.
cretin

Post by cretin »

i just want to point out something i noticed the behemoth has an awfully high defense for a berserker unit. i mean the dwarvish berserker's best defense is 50% on mountains yet this thing has a whopping 70% no? unless 0.1.8 deals with this.
the gnolls only have 70% on swamp villages yes. others i saw were 50%