Minotaur Faction : The Era Of Strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Espreon
Inactive Developer

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.1.8 on add-ons list

Post by Espreon »

Valenwood wrote:Even though you said you fixed it, the Giant Eagle and Roc still has ABILITY_DIVINE_SKIRMISHER, which is not defined! :) Change it to ABILITY_SKIRMISHER, or remove it?

Just to remind you, below is a quote of my original message, concerning this:
My message from a while back, wrote:Hi folks!
Me and Slug decided to further investigate the Eagle and Roc, so we hosted up a game and fooled around with the units a bit, both of us getting various OOS messages while recruiting and attacking with these two units. After the game was finished, I decided it was time to actually check out your .cfg files for these units, and so I did. It seems like these units are supposed to have a ability called DIVINE_SKIRMISHER, which is not defined in abilities.cfg. Maybe you were intending to give them ABILITY_SKIRMISHER, but accidently typed ABILITY_DIVINE_SKIRMISHER instead? Either that, or you must just have forgot to define the ability. Either way, I think this might be a reason for them creating OOS messages.
As a sidenote, the Giant Eagle and Roc are still not neutral :)
I never said I fixed that bug. Second of all Quietus needs to finalize what the Giant Eagle line should be and he likes my idea which is kinda like a Minotaur harpy. The current sprites are place holders. Until Quietus decides the final fate of the Giant Eagle line they are staying Chaotic.

EDIT: 0.2.1 Is out with the Eagle/Roc Skrimisher bug thing fixed.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Espreon wrote: Until Quietus decides the final fate of the Giant Eagle line they are staying Chaotic.
Then perhaps have the Gnoll as neutral? He isnt actually part of the minotaur race and therefore could be an exception. Im about to play the faction now, so i'll give more feedback when ive finnished

EDIT: oh and here are the images of the shaman line
Attachments
shaman.zip
(18.61 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

No, Gnolls are definitely chaotic. The Eagle would be the neutral unit of the faction.
I also extremely disagree with the Gnoll MP reduction, they really have no fast guerrilla fighter anymore. I can't think of one other era where the berserker and scout have one more MP than the main fighter. The Behemoth should have 4 HP if anyone. The Gnolls are slow now, I'd like at least 6 MP and add more to their cost.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

0.2.2 Released.

Changes:

TC Fixed images of the Shaman line recommitted.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

I really like the new Gnoll sprites, they look great in game. I can't wait to see the Eagle line.

Also, in 0.2.2, the Minotaur King sprite is gone. When I level a Chieftain he is invisible.
Last edited by Darth Jordius on April 12th, 2008, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:I can't wait to see the Eagle line.
Im thinking of changing the flying unit. Based on Espreon's idea, i was thinking of replacing the eagle with the minitaur. He a lvl 0 flyer, which is a small minotaur with wings. Its a made up unit,a nd i thought it was a little more interesting than an eagle. The stats will be the same as the eagle only weaker as it is a lvl 0. I prefer this idea as it adds a little comedy into the faction :geek:
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Darth Jordius wrote: Also, in 0.2.2, the Minotaur King sprite is gone. When I level a Chieftain leveled he is invisible.
I fixed it in 0.2.3 which I just uploaded a few secs ago.

Quietus, change the title of the thread to reflect the release of 0.2.3!
Quietus
Art Contributor

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.2.3 on add-ons list

Post by Quietus »

Just noticed that the sharpeye sprite is invicible, because it is non existant lol. There isnt a sprite in the images folder. Ill post it again if you've lost it
Attachments
sharpeye.png
sharpeye.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

0.2.4 Uploaded.

Changes:

Sharpeye Sprite reimplemented...
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Quietus wrote:
Darth Jordius wrote:I can't wait to see the Eagle line.
Im thinking of changing the flying unit. Based on Espreon's idea, i was thinking of replacing the eagle with the minitaur. He a lvl 0 flyer, which is a small minotaur with wings. Its a made up unit,a nd i thought it was a little more interesting than an eagle. The stats will be the same as the eagle only weaker as it is a lvl 0. I prefer this idea as it adds a little comedy into the faction :geek:
So basically an overgrown devling flyer? :P
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:
Quietus wrote: Im thinking of changing the flying unit. Based on Espreon's idea, i was thinking of replacing the eagle with the minitaur. He a lvl 0 flyer, which is a small minotaur with wings. Its a made up unit,a nd i thought it was a little more interesting than an eagle. The stats will be the same as the eagle only weaker as it is a lvl 0. I prefer this idea as it adds a little comedy into the faction :geek:
So basically an overgrown devling flyer? :P
Indeed, but without the mini glaives. Im going to post the remaining artwork in this thread, as the artwork thread has died, and i see no reason to resurrect it for the sake of two images. Maybe when i get round to doing animations ill bring it back to live.

But as soon as i get these last two images done, im moving onto the next faction idea. But people please keep playtesting as the faction isnt completely balanced yet and the more people play them the better they get.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

It's 0.2.4 now...

How will you be able to keep the same stats from the eagle in a "Minitaur"? I really liked the Roc idea, especially the boulder drop, but it is your era. But somehow Minotaurs just never seemed like fliers to me before.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:It's 0.2.4 now...

How will you be able to keep the same stats from the eagle in a "Minitaur"? I really liked the Roc idea, especially the boulder drop, but it is your era. But somehow Minotaurs just never seemed like fliers to me before.
Hmm, well i think Roc is better for the minotaurs. I hope Espreon doesnt mind too much about this, but i do prefer the Eagle idea. Im going to clean up all the origional sprites now. I.e. clean the lines and shading, and perhaps edit some of the sprites to look better. If all problems with balancing have been adressed i wouldnt be opposed to making the minotaur faction a 1.0 on the Add-on server. Art is practically done and most if not all errors found have been edited.

A few requests i have though:

- is it possible to change the gnoll's weopon to dagger. Still have the same stats, just different name and "blade type damage". The reason i say this is because it is currently RIPILIB, and that spears and bows are both unique weapons, it would be very inpractical for a small creature like a gnoll to wield both effectively.

- also lower the behemoths cost a little. He isnt that greatand for 24 gold he seems a little expensive for his perpose. Perhaps 21 or 22 at most.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Quietus wrote:
Hmm, well i think Roc is better for the minotaurs. I hope Espreon doesnt mind too much about this, but i do prefer the Eagle idea.
Huh? Whats going on?
Lukasiniho

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.2.4 on add-ons list

Post by Lukasiniho »

Hi,
i like your Era, quietus (is that right written)!
I have played with it and I have some requests:
I think there should be more balancing. The Shaman is way to strong.
It should have this stats: magic: 7 - 3. Pierce: 5 - 2
This is just an idea. You are the creater of those Era and you can make with it what you want.
Maybe I can help you with German translation...

The Minotaurs are awesome, teriffic, georgeous, stunning, amazing, magnificant etc.!

The reason for my bad english: I am just a german, 14 years old pupil who learn english since 3 years...