Minotaur Faction : The Era Of Strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.1.2 on add-ons list

Post by Darth Jordius »

I just want to remind you to update the page title for the latest version.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Quietus
Art Contributor

Re: Minotaur faction : 0.1.8 on add-ons list

Post by Quietus »

done =]

Sorry i was away all last night.

From more playing, i would recommend removing the forest raider, the roc and the ancient behemoth from the leader selection list. The forest raider is a skirmisher used in scouting ahead to take out sentries. I cant really see it being a leadership option for the actual army. The roc is a pet of the Minotaurs and likewise is unlikely to be put in charge of its main forces. The Ancient behemoth is more for game reasons,a nd that is you can expect it to live long in a game, and thus is not really a practical option.

Apart from that the faction is coming along rather nicely :) Thanks everyone for playtesting

EDIT: oh is it also possible to change the minotaur picture from a mystic to a rouser? i jsut prefer the sprite and it suites them more
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Consider some tweaking to be done on Monday...
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Espreon wrote:Consider some tweaking to be done on Monday...

Tyvm =]. Ive uploladed the new tree, as you can see only 3 to go. I'm considering making the eagle, and eagle rider. i.e. a minotaur riding a eagle. The reason i say this, is because the eagles are more like pets to the minotaurs, the minotaurs catch them and use them in battle. Therefore it would be better if the minotaurs appeared in control of these captured beasts rather than just them running around.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

They'd have to be really big eagles to carry a Minotaur... but I guess the Gryphon sprite is probably just a placeholder.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:They'd have to be really big eagles to carry a Minotaur... but I guess the Gryphon sprite is probably just a placeholder.
Well i was thinking that this i where i could use the Minitaur lol
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

But Quietus remember my idea for the GE line? Is it that you did not like the idea?
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Espreon wrote:But Quietus remember my idea for the GE line? Is it that you did not like the idea?
no i liked the idea, i was just seeing what other people thought of a different ideas for the flying unit.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Maybe you could give the eagles some nasty spiked collars to emphasize that they are just pets..
Last edited by Neoskel on March 21st, 2008, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Are you sure you want the eagle to be chaotic? To me, it somehow feels more like a neutral unit. Having it as chaotic is of course okay, but I am just curious :)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

I agree that the eagle should be a neutral unit, and also suggest weakening it a bit.

The Cheiftain's kusarigama is 0-1 by the way, you will want to fix that in the next version.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

What, no updates yet? Well, I suppose you're busy with school. I hate doing 1-1 damage with my leader... :P

Also, the Giant Eagle needs major "nerfing", 15-1 charge does more damage than any mainline unit that I know of, e.g. Thunderer 18-1. Perhaps 11 or 12 damage would be less lethal. Right now they can reduce pretty much any unit to 8 HP or kill it. (Really though, I love using these guys against cavalry spam.) Also, the Roc line should not be included in the Minotaur race in the description.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:What, no updates yet? Well, I suppose you're busy with school. I hate doing 1-1 damage with my leader... :P

Also, the Giant Eagle needs major "nerfing", 15-1 charge does more damage than any mainline unit that I know of, e.g. Thunderer 18-1. Perhaps 11 or 12 damage would be less lethal. Right now they can reduce pretty much any unit to 8 HP or kill it. (Really though, I love using these guys against cavalry spam.) Also, the Roc line should not be included in the Minotaur race in the description.
Espreon has been away and has not had access to a computer with the pbl file. But updates should be either tuesday or wednesday. I agree with you on the Eagle line. Also new images will be included in the new updates :geek: The gnoll line which you see on the first page.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Ooh good, those look very nice. I hope you feel up to making the Eagle sprites, I can't wait to see what they look like. By the way, I assume you made your avatar. It looks very nice, but I'd suggest making the face a little clearer.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Darth Jordius wrote:Ooh good, those look very nice. I hope you feel up to making the Eagle sprites, I can't wait to see what they look like. By the way, I assume you made your avatar. It looks very nice, but I'd suggest making the face a little clearer.
He sprited it for my campaign (Would sprote be the past tense for sprite?).