Minotaur Faction : The Era Of Strife

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Ok here is what you should be looking for

sorry about the wait, i had to type the stregnths and weakness bit up from scratch. Its very open however for you to make stats, ive simply put down what they ideally should be. Nothing really is "set in stone"

Cheers :D
Attachments
Minotaurs.zip
(134.11 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

I have already started to work on the king, due to what you told me about Savages wielding whips I decided to have the kings and possibly chieftains wield kusarigamas.

Which are Japanese weapons (a kusarigama is a scythe with a ball and chain attached), the wielder throws the ball and chain at the victim if the victim is caught by the ball and chain and on anime and whatnot the users then pulls on the weapon to have the victim flying towards the user and then the users slashes the victim. So basically the kusarigama attack would be ranged, blade and would slow the victim...
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Espreon wrote:I have already started to work on the king, due to what you told me about Savages wielding whips I decided to have the kings and possibly chieftains wield kusarigamas.

Which are Japanese weapons (a kusarigama is a scythe with a ball and chain attached), the wielder throws the ball and chain at the victim if the victim is caught by the ball and chain and on anime and whatnot the users then pulls on the weapon to have the victim flying towards the user and then the users slashes the victim. So basically the kusarigama attack would be ranged, blade and would slow the victim...
Sounds good to me, tonight i will make the chieftain sprite, so i'll be sure to include such a weopon 8)
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Quietus wrote: Sounds good to me, tonight i will make the chieftain sprite...
Finally! :D

Edit: I don't suppose it matters that much for the Minotuar King, since rarely are you going to have two players with level 4 units, but at least for the shaman line you need to have some TC'd areas. There's no way to tell other than using the halos, (which I have no problem with) but some people dislike using them.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:
Quietus wrote: Sounds good to me, tonight i will make the chieftain sprite...
Finally! :D

Edit: I don't suppose it matters that much for the Minotuar King, since rarely are you going to have two players with level 4 units, but at least for the shaman line you need to have some TC'd areas. There's no way to tell other than using the halos, (which I have no problem with) but some people dislike using them.
lol

King has TC though its very subtle (just a small rim around each bracer). As for the shaman line i was quite sure. I tried to make the orbs TC'd but it doesnt show up too well, especially between the red and orange team. Any suggestions?
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

How about the belt? That could be TCed.

Edit: Oh, and in the strengths aren't you going to use regeneration or at least +4?
Last edited by Darth Jordius on February 20th, 2008, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

You could always hem the robes in TC. Or make the orbs a little larger and/or brighter, the better to show off their coloration.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:How about the belt? That could be TCed.

Edit: Oh, and in the strengths aren't you going to use regeneration or at least +4?
Shaman? he has +4 and the mystic goes up to +8. As for regen i was thinking of perhaps the behemoth line. But then though that a beserking unit with regen might be overpowering.
Megane wrote: You could always hem the robes in TC. Or make the orbs a little larger and/or brighter, the better to show off their coloration.
I like the idea of the bottom of the robe. Ill give it a shot tonight, i might make the warlock look a bit more magestic as well.
Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

No, I meant won't you give at least some units a +4 regeneration trait? Kind of like the dwarfs healthy trait. I know this was brought up earlier, but maybe that idea isn't appealing to you.
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Darth Jordius wrote:No, I meant won't you give at least some units a +4 regeneration trait? Kind of like the dwarfs healthy trait. I know this was brought up earlier, but maybe that idea isn't appealing to you.
The only unit i could really see having it would be the Behemoth Line (as described above). Maybe the Great Eagle and Roc. There are many factions without it, so i guess it isnt that important, but it would be nice to include it.
simon92

Post by simon92 »

i like your idea..there's just one thing:the centaurs were half human half horses in the greek mythology

Good luck i can't wait for this new faction :)
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

thanks :) should be playable soon, had a little communications problem with our last coder, so we've switched and hopefully it wont be long before they are ready.

The reason why i didnt make the centaur half human, is becauseof the story i made for the minotaurs. *earlier in thread but ill put it in short * Basically they were origionally people, who worshiped a false idle (a bull) who produced many offspring. As punishment the god who created the people banished them to an enternity as the creature "minotuar", which as you are aware is a half bull half man. I did really see a human creature fitting into the faction, so decided to slightly change it and make it a bull, horse man lol. This minotaur faction concept is from greek mythology but doesnt actually take the mythological story that is told.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Quietus wrote:thanks :) should be playable soon, had a little communications problem with our last coder, so we've switched and hopefully it wont be long before they are ready.
I wouldn't count on it, I have school holding me up...
If I coded (w/o flavor text) non-stop I could probably finish in about 1 day, probably 1 1/2 days with flavor text (takes me a while to think of the perfect flavor text to suit the particular unit)...

I would say I could possibly finish coding them and play test them on Tuesay...
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

Espreon wrote: I wouldn't count on it, I have school holding me up...
If I coded (w/o flavor text) non-stop I could probably finish in about 1 day, probably 1 1/2 days with flavor text (takes me a while to think of the perfect flavor text to suit the particular unit)...

I would say I could possibly finish coding them and play test them on Tuesay...
Nah thats not a problem at all, i was merely trying to keep moral high :wink: lol, and i was being very optimistic.

Tuesday is great, and yeah school always comes first, i dont want to be the one responsible for anything bad that may happen to you, so make sure you study hard!!! lol
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Quietus wrote:Nah thats not a problem at all, i was merely trying to keep moral high :wink: lol, and i was being very optimistic.

Tuesday is great, and yeah school always comes first, i dont want to be the one responsible for anything bad that may happen to you, so make sure you study hard!!! lol
On the contary its just a simple paper I need to finish. Also you said yesterday you were gonna make a Cheiftain sprite, how far done are you with that. BTW when you said you were gonna show the Cheiftain with a kusarigama , still sprite in the axe... Also maybe resprite the King with the kusarigama...