The Windsong

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Espreon
Inactive Developer

Re: The Windsong

Post by Espreon »

Megane, I got an idea for the sunburst attacks of some of your units. Since the burst has only 1 strike maybe have the unit gather up a lot of energy in the form of a huge ball (it would be of sunny colors) and then fire it at the victim in a beam of energy, with the beam still connected to the ball of energy, but as the beam is being fired the ball of energy gets smaller and smaller.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

For the seeker line, I think that the glaive, pike, or halberd attack icons might be beter for the polearm than their current spear image.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
JW

Post by JW »

megane, I like your style. :wink:
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Ore no katsu da! :twisted:

Also, thanks to all you guys for your compliments; that's what makes completely redrawing the Ascendant three times over worthwhile ^^;

In other news, I also have sketches (i.e. sorta good-looking designs) for the Oathkeeper and Arbiter, so I should be chiseling out the photons for those in the near future: admittedly, every time I say that, it takes me, like, 4 weeks to actually do it >.>

Edit: anti-aliasing, sigh

Edit the second: Also, I took Turin's advice and mussed up the cipher icons a bit.
Attachments
ascendant.png
ascendant.png (2.45 KiB) Viewed 6269 times
cipher2.png
cipher2.png (6.26 KiB) Viewed 6269 times
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

clönk
Attachments
cipher-sorrow2.png
cipher-sorrow2.png (4.97 KiB) Viewed 6266 times
cipher-memory2.png
cipher-memory2.png (3.58 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
cipher-death2.png
cipher-death2.png (5.34 KiB) Viewed 6266 times
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I like the assendant. I'm pretty much neutral about the new ciphers. I hope you do a good job on the oath-keeper because my campain will have one of those in it as a reacuring character (unless I change it radicaly).

I'll wait the new realease untill these are ready if you think that it won't take too long.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Personally, I prefer the clean ones, though I can't manage to put into words why..
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

JW wrote:
megane wrote:After seeing my scribes use the little magic missile animation one too many times, I decided to do something about it.
NICE
NICE
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Jetryl wrote:
JW wrote:NICE
NICE
:D

In other news, I done gone and drawn me a, like, sort of Demon Space Queen. Huh.

My sprites have suddenly gotten a lot more complex; I'm not sure if this is good or bad... :hmm:
Attachments
I hope you didn't need this village for anything.
I hope you didn't need this village for anything.
oathkeeper.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Now that is an impressive looking thing. Very nice.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
cretin

Post by cretin »

wow that one looks sweet
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

megane wrote:

My sprites have suddenly gotten a lot more complex; I'm not sure if this is good or bad... :hmm:
Not at all you will just break your teeth on the sice limitations and slowly go nuts. :mrgreen:
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

:D Glad you like it, I was worried that it had come out a little... unnatural-looking.

Also, I had an idea; given that units now have their race listed under their name, I think the Windsong units should have their names changed to remove the "Windsong" prefix they all have. The ID's would remain the same, of course, it'd just be a display change:

Code: Select all

id=Windsong Weaver
	name= _ "Weaver"
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Will do,

As a side note: I'm consitering adding marksman to the courtier lines bow. I don't think that this would be overpowering due to the low damage on it, but flavorful and it makes the unit more usefull.
JW

Post by JW »

megane wrote:
Jetryl wrote: NICE
:D

In other news, I done gone and drawn me a, like, sort of Demon Space Queen. Huh.

It's VERY GOOD.