The Windsong

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Valenwood

Re: The Windsong

Post by Valenwood »

megane wrote:Something like this maybe? :)

:? ...sorry, I'm not feeling it; she looks kinda South-American-guerrilla-girl now. xD
Aye, something like that is what I thought of :) I like it very much! :D
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

megane wrote:Something like this maybe? :)

:? ...sorry, I'm not feeling it; she looks kinda South-American-guerrilla-girl now. xD
Is that a problem? For me not, I rather love it. :D
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
scienceguy8

Post by scienceguy8 »

I like the original. Just my two cents.
"You can't kill an unarmed, upside down man!"
Dr. Rodney McKay
Stargate Atlantis
Runner

Gilberti Industries
scienceguy8
Proud Member of the Marching Salukis
JW

Post by JW »

Just dropping by to show some megane <3

:)
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Looks impressive!
Iscariot

Post by Iscariot »

Just discovered this game and more importantly this faction.

Love it. Wanted to tell the creator how great his race looks ans feels to play. My only issue is the lack a level 3 version for some paths but that is not realy an important thing.

I also wanted to ask the creators permission to use the windsong in something of my own. I'm running a Dungeons and Dragon's game for some friends and wanted to know if I could include the Windsong in my campain world. It will probebly never appear on the internet but I wantedyour permission anyway.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Megane hasn't been on the forum for a long time, but he did concent for it to be uploaded onto the add-on sever, which basicaly means it's free for anyone to use/tweak if they want. I don't think he'd mind.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Kazabalg

Post by Kazabalg »

It is truly unfortunate that Megane has not been online since late May, but if anyone is going to pick up on his work, you must be certain that you keep it within his style. As well, don't set anything in stone, for he may someday return.
Dawgas

Post by Dawgas »

Kazabalg wrote:don't set anything in stone
open source project
:augh:

i dont get it
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

People are just saying that yes, as Wesnoth is an open source project and that the content was put on to the add-on server, it is free for anyone to play around with as they see fit, but often times people try to ask the author first. If the author is not around, such as Megane, they at least try not to drastically alter anything either. It's more a matter of respect for the work and effort that the other person put in than anything else.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
milwac

Post by milwac »

Just discovered this faction (and the EoM in general) and think it is awesome!! I was wondering if there could be more campaigns with the Windsong on 1.8? (or 1.9) The faction looks good, and feels good to play. I hope to play some 1v1s with it sometime soon.

Unfortunately, I see that this thread is quite stagnant. Is this project still being worked on? Anyway cheers to the original creator and maintainers! Good job :)
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

milwac wrote:Just discovered this faction (and the EoM in general) and think it is awesome!! I was wondering if there could be more campaigns with the Windsong on 1.8? (or 1.9) The faction looks good, and feels good to play. I hope to play some 1v1s with it sometime soon.

Unfortunately, I see that this thread is quite stagnant. Is this project still being worked on? Anyway cheers to the original creator and maintainers! Good job :)
I helped with this project a little, working on some of the unit descriptions.

However, to the best of my knowledge, no one is working on this anymore. I'm sure your cheers are appreciated, though!
Gyra_Solune

Post by Gyra_Solune »

I just found out about this faction by way of War of Legends and I must say it's really impressed me! The way they look and play is right up my alley - it's absolutely a shame the author seems to have departed.

I really really want to ensure this does not fading into obscurity somehow - in truth I kind of hope it could be mainlined one day, even if the specifics of the lore aren't necessarily very Wesnothy.