The Windsong

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

the ascendant is more than 'hard to kill', she's a bit of a beast when it comes to resists.... still, if she's meant to be a tank, so be it.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

No, she's not supposed to be a tank, just not flimsy, like the Prophet.

How about this:

Code: Select all

[resistance]
        blade=70
        pierce=70
        impact=70
        fire=100
        cold=100
        arcane=120
    [/resistance]
instead of her current:

[resistance]
        blade=40
        pierce=40
        impact=40
        fire=100
        cold=30
        arcane=100
    [/resistance]
Her attack is also going down to 7-3, rather than 7-4. She was a little too awesome at smacking undead.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

I'd just give her +10% to all the prophetess' resists...
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Another round of balancing changes, including those discussed above, gets us to 0.22.

Thanks to eyu 100, FreeAsABeer, and PsychoticKittens for running a full-length game with me. Apparently the Windsong are actually a little weak now ^^;
hee hee! - little girl
Qes

Post by Qes »

megane wrote:Another round of balancing changes, including those discussed above, gets us to 0.22.

Thanks to eyu 100, FreeAsABeer, and PsychoticKittens for running a full-length game with me. Apparently the Windsong are actually a little weak now ^^;
That all depends, was Kittens playing as the Chaos? I dont consider that a standard mark to test against.

I'm well rounded in most of the factions, not particularly awesome as a player, so I'm more than willing to help you test out your faction. I am confused a bit as how to safely and securely incorporate your faction into my current extended era - or is it it's own era?

Perhaps I missed the locale to download?

I love playtesting - its the best part of faction building (or editing anything).

EDIT/ADD: To best play test, you may want to limit villages and income greatly. This will show you how armies of units interact with each other, while not an "atypical game" these breif and short wars can be a microcosm for how the faction works or doesnt.

I recomend a 30x30 or 40x40 random, with 1/1000 villages (basically none) and 1 gold per village. Then start with 100 or 200 gold per playtested faction. This playtesting specifically discovers how units work (or not) together as an army.

The results of such tests cant tell you everything, but they can tell you what units work against what, what doesnt. How cost affects total army size (not attrition however).

How effective movement is (in longer ++income games often reinforcements are reaching a front, not manuvering constantly) along a front. How much terrain impacts the factions mobility, speed and defense.

Also - since these tend to be brief and horrible clashes, games go by very quickly, thus you can get several off in the same time it would take to finish one standard - this increased rate evens odds and exposes consistencies and flukes more readily.

Playtesting needs still to be done on basic random and basic premade maps with normal incomes and the like, but these "burst sessions" can expose things very quickly about what does and does not work in the faction.

Hope that helps!
-Qes
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

I'm going to try it again, it's a pain that there isn't anybody on the dev server.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

The random faction option is now gone in the newest version :x
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I can't imagine why... check Windsong_Era/eras/Windsong.cfg; it should contain the line:

{RANDOM_SIDE}
If it doesn't, I have no clue why not. I haven't messed with that file since I wrote it. If it does, your problem has nothing to do with me /swt[/code]
hee hee! - little girl
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

what about adding an 1.2 version, nobody is present in the 1.3...
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

It's balanced using arcane for 1.3, if it used holy in 1.2 it wouldn't be nearly as effective, and it's already weak. With 1.3.7 having come out, there are more people than ever on 1.3, and as there's getting to be more and more 1.3 content, I suggest you get a dual install of wesnoth for a chance at all the action :P
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Weeksy wrote:It's balanced using arcane for 1.3, if it used holy in 1.2 it wouldn't be nearly as effective, and it's already weak. With 1.3.7 having come out, there are more people than ever on 1.3, and as there's getting to be more and more 1.3 content, I suggest you get a dual install of wesnoth for a chance at all the action :P
I have svn wesnoth and 1.2 dual installed, still I cannot find anybody in the dev server...
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

svn server is different from normal 1.3 server IIRC...
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Weeksy wrote:svn server is different from normal 1.3 server IIRC...
could you please paste the right port then ^^?
Heminn

Post by Heminn »

I'm looking in to these... so bump
Enemy: Why fight when you'll lose?

Golock: *points behind the enemy to the 3 Royal guards* who says I"m losing?
tsr

Post by tsr »

I suspect there is a bug in this era, with the era id.

In the mp lobby a game using this era is shown as using the standard era not the windsong era.

I haven't dl this era to check for my self though :)

/tsr