Swamp Elves (Development Stage:Published/Playtesting)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

It would be greatly appreciated if someone did the cfgs for me

heres a unit tree

Archer Line
Swamp Archer-->Swamp Marksman-->Swamp Sharpshooter (basic)
-->Swamp Hunter -->Swamp Master (ranger and avenger)

Fighter Line
Swamp Fighter-->Swamp Twinblade-->Swamp Blademaster (hero line)
-->Swamp Captain-->Swamp Marshal (leadership)

Scout Line
Swamp Scout-->Swamp Rider-->Swamp Horsemaster (scouts)

Mage Line
Swamp Shaman-->Swamp Druid-->Swamp Fairy
Just because I'm a master of fire doesn't mean I'll light your "uber candle"
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Post Deleted
Last edited by FireMaster on August 26th, 2007, 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Archer Line:
Swamp Archer
HP:30 MP:5 XP:36 Cost:15
Sword (blade) 5-2 melee
Bow (pierce) 5-4 ranged

Swamp Marksman
HP:38 MP:5 XP:70
Sword (blade) 6-2 melee
Bow (pierce) 9-4 marksman

Swamp Hunter
Herblore*
HP:43 MP:5 XP:65
Sword (blade) 7-3 melee
Bow (pierce) 7-4 ranged

Swamp Sharpshooter
HP:48 MP:5
Sword (blade) 7-2 melee
Bow (pierce) 10-5 marksman

Swamp Master
Medicine Lore*,swampstalk
HP:54 MP:5
Sword (blade) 8-4
Bow (pierce) 10-4

*Herblore is an ability that regenerates 4 HP when in swamp.
*Medicine lore regens 8 hp when in swamp
Last edited by FireMaster on August 28th, 2007, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Fighter Line:
Swamp Fighter
HP:34 MP:5 XP:35
Sword (blade) 5-4
Bow (pierce) 3-3

Swamp Twinblade
HP:52 MP:5 XP:67
Sword (blade) 6-5
Bow (pierce) 6-3

Swamp Captain
Leadership
HP:50 MP:5 XP:75
Sword (blade) 7-4
Bow (pierce) 5-3

Swamp Blademaster
HP:72 MP:5
Sword (blade) 8-6
Bow (pierce) 8-3

Swamp Marshal
Leadership
HP:65 MP:5
Sword (blade) 10-4
Bow (pierce) 8-3
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Scout Line
Swamp Scout
HP:33 MP:8 XP:30
Sword (blade) 5-3 melee
Bow (pierce) 5-2 ranged

Swamp Rider
HP:44 MP:9 XP:60
Sword (blade) 8-3
Bow (pierce) 8-2

Swamp Horsemaster
HP:55 MP:9
Sword (blade) 8-4
Bow (pierce) 8-3
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Mage Line
Swamp Shaman
Herblore
HP:28 MP:5 XP:35
Staff (impact) 2-2
Swamp Blast (impact) 4-3 poison

Swamp Druid
Medicine Lore
HP:35 MP:5 XP:80
Staff (impact) 3-2
Swamp Blast (impact) 7-3 poison
Swamp Chill (cold) 10-2 magical

Swamp Fairy
Medicine Lore
HP:50 MP:6
Fairy Touch (impact) 4-2 magical
Swamp Blast (impact) 8-3 poison
Swamp Chill (cold) 11-2 magical
Last edited by FireMaster on August 28th, 2007, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
playtom

Post by playtom »

firemaster, be clear on who's doing the unit cfg. i'm currently working on it. and it seems theres another couple downloads of your sprites. anyone who's working on it please post a note and we might be able to work something out so that there's no repeated making of the unit files.
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Playtom,could you please post any specials HERE so that I can approve of them.I need to know what specials there are so that i can make them fit with the story.
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,I think that the Swamp Twinblade is a bit underpowered (compared to Elvish Hero)

ABILITIES

*=probably entered
?=will be debated

*New ability-Swampstalk-lets the unit be invisible in swamp
*new ability-Medicine Lore-heals 4 hp while in swamp-perhaps for shaman?
?new ability-Ready Defence-does double damage in defence.
traverser

Post by traverser »

FireMaster wrote:Archer Line
Are you sure the bow strings would not be ruined by swamp vapors, extreme humidity, etc.
There are other ranged weapons you could go for(sling and spear mostly)

Just my 2 cents
playtom

Post by playtom »

all right firemaster, these are some of the abilities i'm working on. currently only 4 unit cfg are finished out of 17.

swampstalk:units with this ability will be invisible to enemy unit unless it's adjacent to or has attacked during the turn.

it's fairly easy to do. you get cavestalk or ambush then just filter the location to swamp only :wink:

medicine lore:it's still unclear about whether make this heal the unit 4hp or 8hp, but both is easy to do under regenerate.

healing:do you want to divert a mage line to 2 seperate trees?like one in the wood elves, so we can have mages as well as healers. i could do it if you want. just gonna take some extra time.

the ready defense i think will not be an ability. it's too powerful for anyunit. but i can add a couple of hp to the swamp twinblade if you like.

tell me what you think about these abilities, remember, the swamp elves don't have to be powerful, they fight well in swamps.
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

i dont want a healer mage line!

medicine lore should be 8-herblore-4

Give swampstalk to master
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Firemaster- Just a general note- You probably should come up with almost all original names, and atleast somewhat original stats for the "Stolen Units" As I like to call them. Quite frankly, the archer-marksman-sharpshooter and fighter-captain-marshal lines seem to be almost the exact same as their elven counterparts. I understand if they're slightly similar, as so many names and such have popped up in the past it's almost impossible to come up with all original names. This faction seems alot like one I've secretly been creating lately. My faction has more hints of originality in it though...

Behold the title of my faction...

"The Nightshades..."

(For those of you that have bad sight- I guess you need to get a magnifying glass out.)

(BTW, I suggest coming up with a slightly different name for your faction. Notice in UTBS there's a race called the "Quenoth Elves"... more commonly called the "Desert Elves". Perhaps you could do something likewise.)
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
playtom

Post by playtom »

really, it isn't my intention to work on this faction, it's solely firemaster's idea. although i have to admit it shares a striking rresemblance with the wood elves. the swamp elves will be supplied with 2 or 3 new unit trees(example, blowpiper, lizard/frog rider), but only under the condition that some great wesnothian artist are willing to provide the sprites. for now the idea is just to establish a strong base for the faction and able to play it. in the near future, the main focus will shift to creating a uniqueness for the faction and perhaps by adding a couple other race into the game and creating an era.

progress update:6 out of 17 units finished encoding. abilities and era/faction cfg is still undone.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

When I said my faction was very, VERY similar, I meant I have 1 or 2 units that are almost the exact same. And I've found temporary art for one of them. I saw this thread. And yes, I thought it was dead, seeing as Firemaster had nobody to do art for him or do cfg's. I have exact stats for a Toad Rider to be used for my faction, though he uses poison, probably unlike yours, and a blowgunner which uses slow instead of poison on his ranged dart attack. Similar? Absolutely. My faction though otherwise is completely different- none of my units uses a bow, and none of my units are on horses. Unique resists, Low strike ranged attacks, and nightstalk are included. My faction does better in forest and swamp and caves, though not as well on hills and mountains. Oddly enough, I actually started creating it before I started this thread. And oddly enough, the faction I describe has 2 similar units. Though they'll only be in the same era if both get into EE. :)

If mine doesn't get into EE, there's a chance I'll combine it with Jamini's Agari era. If you really want to show how I had an original idea, I'll post stats here as long as they aren't rudely copied and pasted into something else. Though my faction doesn't have elves before it. :)

THE NIGHTSHADES

(My faction is currently completely playable and you can get it from me for testing purposes only.)
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.