Naga Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Well, there is other thing that I worked on during free time, I tought that the Naga Sentinel advance wasn't very good because it only had a bigger mace than the previous one, so I used my avatar as base and drawed over it this Version.

As always, can be used where you want, its the Lvl 3 of that naga with mace.
Attachments
My suggestion for the Sentinel Base Frame
My suggestion for the Sentinel Base Frame
naga_Sentinelnew.png (4.2 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

He's nice, but maybe it would look better with a larger shield or/and a more visible armor on his chest.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Noyga wrote:He's nice, but maybe it would look better with a larger shield or/and a more visible armor on his chest.
Well, consider it a first try (useable) based of the old one with the one I had previously drawed.

Yes, the shield could be bigger, tought I used the shield of the old unit to see how it would look.

The Armor is something harder for me, since I never drawed an armor previously nor I have the correct mental image on how it would look, maybe if I can have a look at some armored units I can get a better idea on how it would look. :(

The shield, I can see what I can do to make it bigger, in a later date as it should be easier to fix, once fixed/changed I'll tell you so you can grab the improved version.

Edit: Sentinel with a bigger shield.
Attachments
Increased the Shield size, per request.
Increased the Shield size, per request.
Naga_Sentinelbigshield.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

And there is a try at making him a better armored.
Attachments
some things stealed from the halberdier.
some things stealed from the halberdier.
Naga_Sentinelbetterarmored.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 4007 times
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Nice job !
Well i figured that the real probem was the shield being ridiculously small.
It's probably still a little small , but probably OK this time.
That new armor looks good enough to me, Thanks for that great job

I'll use it in EE, and probably commit the frame for UtBS as well :)
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Glad to hear, I need to say that the unit is almost done and that I'm amazed and how it looked even if some parts were frankensteined or recolored (Tought the mace is done entirely from scratch using as a base the old one)

More happy to see that it will be used in one of the mainline campaings.

The only touches that seems to be needed are a proper shadow (not something that I know how to do) and maybe if you want 1-2 pixels bigger shield (tought that would probably hide some parts of the paddels armor)

Looking at it, I see that I forgot to remove the TC bands on the arms from the old sprite :oops: but that's something that can be taken off easily, no?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Hmmm making shadow is something i can do (and maybe the only thing i can do well ...)
About those TC band on the arms, well i'm not sure that removing it would improve things at the current state, so why not simply leaving them for the moment ? It's nice to have some TC somewhere :)
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Noyga wrote:Hmmm making shadow is something i can do (and maybe the only thing i can do well ...)
About those TC band on the arms, well i'm not sure that removing it would improve things at the current state, so why not simply leaving them for the moment ? It's nice to have some TC somewhere :)
Ok and thanks for the help with the shadows, maybe they will dissapear once the unit gets a proper TC (aka on shield or armor) since these places will be easier to see "in game" than the bands :D
traverser

Post by traverser »

You could make the center of the shield TC
making it look like a gem maybe?
Edit: That made a lot more sense before I put it into words
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

There is a simple addendum of a bow to the Naga, is still green tought, since it would be better to add a few things more to give more personality to the unit. (also has no quivers bag as of yet)
Attachments
Base frame (uncomplete but usable) of a Naga bow wielder.
Base frame (uncomplete but usable) of a Naga bow wielder.
naga_bowing.png (5.31 KiB) Viewed 3896 times
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Bow on a swimming unit? Bows don't work when they get wet. Javelins or blowpipes would be better...
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

not all nagas swim, just like not all snakes do... read the earlier pages for more info on this.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Hmmm since it looks lvl 2-3 (by its size and design, this bow looks powerful) i think i'll use it in EE as the levelup of the Hunter (which is named "Naga Assassin" currently, but could be a better name).

thespaceinvader: WINR. Btw underwater the bow could be attached to the quiver or some kind of bag/quiver or something like that.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Fair enough.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Ok, happy to see it getting used, I'm not sure if its too high on the hex, tought that shouldn't be hard to move later on.

Not too happy with the design of the unit yet, but is still better than nothing.