Blackpowder elves:just an idea,but please give feedback!!!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

ch40s wrote:I think there are already too much elves
Very much agreed.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Also agreed.

For some reason the idea of gaslamp elves (or clockwork or whatever you wish to call them) really gets on my nerves in a way I can't explain.
:P Perhaps it'a just me being close-minded.

Anyway, my advice to kisko is: ignore us critics and go for it!
Be warned, by far your biggest challenge in creating a faction will be getting your hands on decent artwork.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

So... are we going at it again with the "too many Elves" thingy?.

Cuz that could go on for ages.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Frost Elves, Sidhe Elves, High Elves, Droch Elves (an Imperial Era theoretical faction), and these guys. I count seven. Seeing as how there are a seeming infinite number of human factions, that doesnt' seem like that much to me.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

turin wrote:Seeing as how there are a seeming infinite number of human factions, that doesnt' seem like that much to me.
The load of human factions (that only exist in the imperial era and/or old continent anyway, right?) is indeed very silly and boring. No need to repeat the mistake with elves. ;)
appleide

Re: Blackpowder elves:just an idea,but please give feedback!

Post by appleide »

kisko wrote:This is just an idea,but hopefully it will evolve into something more.
Ok,We all know that there are many instances of dwarves(or dwarvish creatures) having better technology.guns,gyrocopters(I've only seen this as an idea,but i have an old version of wesnoth with no internet so i do not know) even robots in some player-made eras.But what if this kind of technology was discovered by elves?I'm picturing...less bulky.
Like long,elegant muskets,davinci-like flying machines(with flapping wings instead of helicopterishness),maybe even clockwork horses. The elves would still wear fancy armor,but blacker,and spikier.It would be an elvish race where the elves took the science route instead of the magic route.
It may seem like it clashes,but picture the tech more victorian,and it will make more sense.
Please give feedback!!!!
Take off the spiky armour, get some decent artwork, and then it will be great. So good that, because there are so many elves factions, one of the other ones are going to be deleted.
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

zookeeper wrote:
turin wrote:Seeing as how there are a seeming infinite number of human factions, that doesnt' seem like that much to me.
The load of human factions (that only exist in the imperial era and/or old continent anyway, right?) is indeed very silly and boring. No need to repeat the mistake with elves. ;)
Um, no... about half of the human factions are on Orbivm. About 0 factions are on the Old Continent. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

turin wrote:Um, no... about half of the human factions are on Orbivm. About 0 factions are on the Old Continent. ;)
Right...seems like a whopping four posts on this forum have the word "Orbivm" in them. Maybe you guys should make a proper thread for the era or something?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

zookeeper wrote:
turin wrote:Um, no... about half of the human factions are on Orbivm. About 0 factions are on the Old Continent. ;)
Right...seems like a whopping four posts on this forum have the word "Orbivm" in them. Maybe you guys should make a proper thread for the era or something?
Maybe we should start our own foru - oh, wait. ;)
The World of Orbivm
kisko

black powder elves

Post by kisko »

Well,I like the idea of taking off the spiky armor.I'm not much of the artist,however.Given the controversy around this,i doubt there are many up for it,but if anyone is out there that would like to do artwork,say so!
I have the units in my head... :) :roll: :(
this one goes to 11
I must have tooken a wrong turn at palshife
be canoli:that's not a moon,that's a melon
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Re: black powder elves

Post by Zhukov »

kisko wrote:...but if anyone is out there that would like to do artwork,say so!
Death sentence right there.
kisko

blackpowder elves

Post by kisko »

Ok,I'll do artwork...jees.
this one goes to 11
rubber.piggy

Post by rubber.piggy »

Just my $0.02.

I like the idea of technological elves, but why does it have to be black powder?? That just seems to mirror the dwarf tech. Maybe they have a basic grasp of electricity, maybe they can use magic to power complicated machines, or use magic to compress gas to power pneumatic devices.

I like the idea, but would not like to see them become dwarves with pointed ears.
"If at first you don't suceed, redefine sucess." - Anon
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

I once drew an Elf with a gun. He looked badass.
But i really think there are too many elven faction. They could lose originality.I'm up for it, if another elf faction is replaced.
kisko

blackpowder elves.

Post by kisko »

Well,concerning the whole blackpowder thing,other than guns they would be very clockwork,so maybe if i emphasized that aspect more?
And sun,is there a way we could see this pcture?
this one goes to 11