Faction for EOM: Celestials

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Faction for EOM: Celestials

Post by JW »

Backround for the Celestials:
JW wrote:The Celestials are not human, but are some sort of humanoid creature that grow wings. Not every Celestial can fly, however, as most Celestials wings are vestigal and deteriorate and fall off in adolescence. The Celestials are a very spiritual race, believing that there is power in Light and Darkness; and they choose to side with the Light. They believe in this so heavily that they keep their settlements lit at night through bonfires and the aid of a rare species of pixie that radiates light from it's skin. They name these pixies Light Archons and worship them as demi-gods. Celestials also believe something to the effect of "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts." Working together they can achieve great accomplishments quickly.

Celestials who grow their wings are known as Winged Ones, and are treated with a higher level of respect for their fitness and majesty. With this respect comes a greater expectation however, and although most thrive on this, some do not.... Celestials who lose their wings are then seperated into 2 groups: warriors and non-warriors. The warriors of Celestial society not only protect the Celestials, but they also go forth on crusades to spread the Light to other regions as well. Non-warriors, though capable of fighting, spend their time worshipping, farming, and expanding their settlements.

Not all Celestials fit into this society so well. Some who lose their wings become so maddened that they reject their society and turn to it's opposite. Some warriors who have horrific experiences on the battlefield cannot return to their former beliefs and either join forces with those with a darker view, or simply wander off. Then there are the Winged-Ones who feel pressured to live up to the expectations of their society...these Celestials can and have reacted in terrible ways against this pressure. Some have gone mad, torn their eyes out to escape seeing the light and turn to the arts of darkness. Some turn their resentment of their fellow Celestials' expectations into rage and become berserkers attacking everything that reminds them of this pressure. These outcast Celestials often find allies in a race of blue-skinned creatures who practice the arts of darkness to create and summon horrific Aberrations to do their bidding. It is among these creatures they find a second home.....
---

This is the Lawful faction for the EOM. Bounce the ideas around, but here's a unit I want in for a unique style of play:
"Lantern Archon" (name to be changed)
level 1
hp 15
mp 6
flies
Illuminates
4-3 ranged Holy attack
70-80% defense on most terrains, low to medium resists (except Shadow).
cost: TBD
Obviously these stats are 100% preliminary. Basically I want a flying level 1 Illuminator to boost these guys. Other than that I haven't got many unique ideas, so lemme hear what you guys have got.
Last edited by JW on June 18th, 2006, 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Yea! Angels/divine spirits/etc. faction! I tried making an angel faction once, and a demonic faction once, but never could complete them. Hmm...

Code: Select all

Cherub -> Herald -> Angel -> Archangel (Flies, leads maybe. High cost, "elite" unit. Holy damage likely.)

Lantern Bearer -> Lantern Archon -> Lightmaster (Illuminates, not sure if flies would be good for it though.)

Crusader -> Templar Knight -> Divine Champion (Like an unmounted paladin.)
			-> Protector 	-> Guardian of the Sacred Fire (Steadfast brach, maybe loses healing)

Wizard -> Master Wizard -> Great Wizard (Ranged mental damage, maybe)
	     -> Mystic (Teleports, mental damage still but weaker)

Light Spirit -> Shining Spirit -> Divine Spirit (Undead, flies, but not holy-weak. Holy damage.)
		   	-> Thunder Spirit (Branch with electrical damage)
Those are a few ideas; feel free to use them.
hey.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Did you have unit's in mind? I was thinking of having them be relatively weak but having a unit like the Lantern Archon in DnD.
Fanatics and Avatars it is.

IIRC, Bible speaks about serpents made of light and flame, so we can have that as one of the chymeric summons. In the vein of Flametrooper's Light Spirit:

Code: Select all

Shining Spirit-> Blazing Wyrm-> <insert cooler name>
              -> Lightning Beast
The Blazing wyrm has multiple wings, like a flying snake, this guy can double up as an scout in lvl1. The Lightning Beast is a bipedal creature completely made of light, with an electric ranged and melee attack.

Mystic: These magicians are held as beacons of power and redemption by the others, and their reputation can only be matched by their amazing powers.
lvl2 lawful-40hp-5 mov
Staff 6-2 Impact melee
Bolt 7-4 Electric ranged
Celestial Glaive 10-3 Holy ranged

I may want to change the generic anme of Wizard here.

Zealot: The legions are filled with willing men. Armed en masse with spears, they prove to be the main reason to fear the armed forces.
lvl1 lawful-30hp-6 mov- 12 gold
Spear 6-3 Pierce melee
Spear 5-2 Pierce ranged

Legionnaire: The guards of the temples and scholars. These professional soldiers never buckle down and hold incesantly the advancement of the armed forces.
lvl1 lawful-39hp-5 mov- 18 gold
Steadfast
Poleaxe 6-3 Pierce melee
Poleaxe 9-2 Blade melee

Now we have line troops (which may branch), and real guardians, which aren't heavily armoured. The rest should be a light utility chymera and an avatar in the vein of Flametrooper's Cherub (i still push for an avatar that flies, kicks arse, and heals +x).
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

If i may butt in again, this was the original idea for the fanatical utopian magicians. You may go to the arrow if this is too long.

"... The Great Talmien started it all. It was hideous times of sorrow and darkness, we were small and weak to the wims of others. He brought the first ones so we could see them, beings of Light anf Fire to illuminate our path and to protect us, but this came at a price... a price we would be eager to pay.

The settlements united under him, and zeal enticed the hearts of men to fight for a better tomorrow. He spoke of the freedom and its price. Hard work and great effort. We fought alongside the great spirits, guided by their light and rage, and our enemies were repulsed, unprepared for our wrath.

He trained them, men of virtue and knowledge to carry on his labor, the ones that heard the same voices as he did were the Mystics, guides for tomorrow. Under their guidance we grew strong, we grew valiant and fearless. When He died in the march, we all stopped, and built our greatest enclave in His honor. We were heartbroke, but we weren't doomed, for His teachings were still with us.

Now, we must follow the labor. We still work hard and fight bravely for tomorrow, when the land will be cleansed and the horror will be gone. It is time to pay tribute to Him and the Great Voices... today, tomorrow ... and forever..."

:arrow: In one paragraph: The First Mystic brought the Spirits and united the worse settlements as an army to fight for land. Today, the magicians and the Mystics guide their people in a crusade to cleanse the land. It is worth of mention the fact that the Spirits, just as the soldiers, are of undeniable violence and brutality, for it is THEIR time and it is THEIR mission to bring order. And when they notice the Abominations hordes... oh boy...

Any use?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Jester

Post by Jester »

I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I'll help, just tell me what to do.
JW

Post by JW »

Ryorin wrote:I'll help, just tell me what to do.
The best thing you can do would to create sprite art for units such as the Zealot, or create some type of angelic or holy looking creatures that we could make up stats for later.

If you can't create art, brainstorming for units is probably the next best thing at this stage.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Found this on the Graphics Library, may be of use:
Attachments
archangel.png
archangel.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 12716 times
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

Flametrooper wrote:Found this on the Graphics Library, may be of use:
nifty. good find.

Angel
level 1
Lawful
34 hp
6 moves
fly (ish)
Sword 7-3 Blade
Blessed Sword 5-3 Holy

Archangel
level 2
Lawful
46 hp
6 moves
fly (ish)
Sword 11-3 Blade
Blessed Sword 8-3 Holy

Uber Angel (temp name)
level 3
Lawful
55 hp
6 moves
fly (ish)
Sword 15-3 Blade
Blessed Sword 11-3 Holy
JW

Post by JW »

Flametrooper wrote:Crusader -> Templar Knight -> Divine Champion (Like an unmounted paladin.)
-> Protector -> Guardian of the Sacred Fire (Steadfast brach, maybe loses healing)
Crusader
level 1 Lawful
36 hp
Heals +3
5 moves
Blessed Sword 10-2 Holy
slgiht physical resistance, slight electric, cold, shadow weakness

Templar Knight
level 2
47 hp
Heals +4
5 moves
Blessed Sword 15-2 Holy
Heavy Mace 9-3 Impact

Divine Champion
level 3
58 hp
Heals +5
5 moves
Blessed Sword 20-2 Holy
Heavy Mace 13-3 Impact

Protector
level 2
45 hp
Heals +3
Steadfast
5 moves
Enchanted Sword 14-2 Fire
Shield Bash 11-2 Impact Slow (only 1/2 movement, not 1/2 damage)

Guardian of the Sacred Fire
level 3
52 hp
Heals +3
Steadfast
5 moves
Enchanted Sword 18-2 Fire
Shield Bash 15-2 Impact Slow (only 1/2 movement, not 1/2 damage)
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Is it even possible to manipulate (a) what stats slow affects and (b) how much something heals?
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

yes.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

If I wanted to do art, what would I need to be besides base frame?
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Jester

Post by Jester »

Thrawn wrote:If I wanted to do art, what would I need to be besides base frame?
All the other frames :lol:

As for the über ArchAngel I suggest the name Seraph, I think that'd be pretty correct with the hyrarchie of angels.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I'll start on the crusader line.