Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alks

Post by Alks »

As far as Chaos is concerned:

*I did it long time ago and basically I was learning how to construct army, but had left it untouched since them, so there maybe some "bugs"

*Chaos movement-types: I would think of something nice for skirmishers, just to make them distinctive and kind of unique. Again, daemons should get something specially designed for them, even their own fly movement type.

*Mutations - It is purely based on Woses - I just switched damage a bit and changed ambush to poison. It's very slow and stripped of range attack. It can be balanced with decreased resistances, so the high HP will be more than misleading. This barely moving big piece of mutated meat shouldn't have too many defences, but high HP should remain. Sollution: decrease resistances.

*Daemon firststrike - it's Neo's idea

So as I see it
* Let's start reviving chaos thread and redo the stats. I wrote about it as a preview, but Neo would appreciate, that his artwork is *desired* among some. Especially he has archer line, that he didn't post in .png

* You are Dev, try to see what with Jetryl High Elves. If he abandoned them, they can be finished and be worthy addition to Extended Era.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Good to hear the Sidhe are keeping their classic layout.

:)
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Chaos? IMHO this sounds kinda like yet another faction ripped off from WarHammer.
Alks

Post by Alks »

Skizzaltix wrote:Chaos? IMHO this sounds kinda like yet another faction ripped off from WarHammer.
Firstly, not ripped off, but inspired.
Secondly, not yet another faction, but simply some faction.
Thirdly, if Warcraft could genuinely rip off Warhammer(without harassing certain laws)., then Wesnoth can do it too.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

v 0.2.0 :
I just updated it so it now work with 1.1.2 and made a few minor changes. It's on the campaign server
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Alks wrote:* You are Dev, try to see what with Jetryl High Elves. If he abandoned them, they can be finished and be worthy addition to Extended Era.
Yes, I would like the high elves some era. And judging from the content in the thread on the high elves, Jetryl has not abandoned them, he is just very busy with other stuff, and no one else seems willing/able to work on them in his place.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well don't have the complete list of the High Elves unit and at least one frame per unit so at this point i cannot include them.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Well, in that thread theres art done for a few units, and i am doing more art for them. (though mines probably not as good). I think theres a unit tree for them too, look at pages 11-12 of the thread, and as for stats you can make up your own. (that is if the people developing them approve). I can help you there, maybe.
JW

Post by JW »

I had a problem: after downloading when I tried to enter your game it gave me an error with XE armageddon dragon.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Hmm probably because you had an old version of the era ?
I changed the "Extended: blabla" IDs to "XE blabla" in 0.2.0
JW

Post by JW »

I actually dled 0.2 moments before I tried entering your game yesterday. Others did not seem to have problems entering your game though, only me. This is probably a problem on my end somewhere, but I am stumped as to where to look first.
CoolGoose

Post by CoolGoose »

Can somebody give me a link to this era because i can't find it on the campaign server
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

It is only on the 1.1.x server.
CoolGoose

Post by CoolGoose »

Well i have 1.1.0 .. i will compile 1.1.2 :)
Be Smart, Think Free, Choose OpenSource
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Four of us just downloaded the new version of Extended Era and played the Liliputh map... while there we had two out-of-sync errors and one or two discs. One of the discs was my fault - didn't know opening Preferences would crash Wesnoth.

I have a feeling the out-of-sync errors may be related to the Leadership skill, since it only happened when units near that hero were attacked.