Extended Era revived - version 36

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Say, how about I release an "official" version of the Aragwaith? Then there'd be an "official" way to reconcile out of syncs between the Extended and Imperial areas; plus I'm the one who's most interested in dealing with the particulars of the faction.

(cross-posted, again)
Sure :)

AFAIK the only stats differences of the Extended Era is your latest scout/lancer/silver shield rebalancement, nothing else.
These is also 2 extra units : The Eagle Rider and its advancement : Eagle Master.
The others differences are some work to improve the art/animations/descriptions (there is still a lot of descriptions missing).
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

So here comes v0.18.1 : some translation stuff update, and a few art update.
For most people it isn't really necessary to update since it is 100% compatible with 0.18.0.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Artemis_Reborn

Post by Artemis_Reborn »

I recently discovered a couple bugs on my 1.1.12 game.

The Aragwaith, spearmen, mages, all of them, apparently cannot do damage when defending. It's as if they don't have attacks of that type, even when they attack they do. When I attack them, there's no weapon shown for the defender, no chance to hit, nothing.
Basically, it's as if none of the Aragwaith have weapons when defending.

Also, every once and a while, while I'm moving my units, my turn will randomly end. I made sure I don't hit the "end turn" buttons, but it still occurs. Maybe it's sometihng with my computer, but it's abnormal and could be something wrong with the game version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

It looks that you have others (outdated and broken) Aragwaithi from another era that are responsible of this conflict.
Try to find out where they come from, and delete the conflicting addon.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Some things i plan to do for v0.19.0 (perhaps not before the end of the year) :

- Rebalance the Chocobone (which is here a lvl 2 Advancement from the Skeleton) : its current stats doesn't make much sense : it is a mounted unit that has the sames defense of the skeletons and does the same damage as the Lvl 1 Loyalist Horsemen (9-2 charge).
I plan to raise its damage to somethings like 11-2 and change the defense % to something similar to a horseman.

- Rebalance Aragwaithi Pikemen vs Flagbearer : possibly by ony changing the Flagbearers : remove firststrike, lower a bit the spear damages, perharps remove marksman (i don't know), and give them a new rally ability (or whatever name that suit well) that gives a moderate resistance boost to the units of the same side next to the Flagbearer. Probably a non cumulable constant boost, not something level-based like leadership/

- Rebalance or remove the Dark elves : i'm currently not happy with them

- Perhaps add the Steppe orcs. I like this faction but i haven't catched the playstyle of this nice faction yet.

- Try to complete the still missing descriptions, for the Dwarves and the Aragwaithi in particular.

- Update the art, translations, ... ect ... when there are updates ( it seems that Neo & Wayfarer have some plans for Chaos & Aragwaith).
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Updates, well I post them here.
So mostly size update Team Color, slighlty lifted animations.

I) swordman

And a experiment with different brushes in Photoshop, perhaps there are some uses for it.
ImageImage
Attachments
I.zip
(46.41 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by wayfarer on December 11th, 2006, 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zthroo

Post by zthroo »

Is there an off server download for the Extended Era?
Of course you should fight fire with fire.
You should fight everything with fire!
- Jaya Ballard
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

No there isn't one currently, btw i think i'll make one for the next version (0.18.2 should be out soon).
zthroo

Post by zthroo »

Thank you. :D
Of course you should fight fire with fire.
You should fight everything with fire!
- Jaya Ballard
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

v0.18.2 : art & translation updates
Should be available on the campaign here: http://bluebloup.free.fr/wesnoth/Extended_Era/
I'll will put it on the campaign server when it would be available again (currently it is stalled :()
Of course it is still compatible with 0.18.0 & 0.18.1
JW

Post by JW »

Noyga wrote:I'll will put it on the campaign server when it would be available again (currently it is stalled :()
Do you happen to know what's up with that by the way?
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

The campaign server usually hangs after some time, we haven't found what causes the bug yet... :(
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

'Hanging' is one thing, but I haven't been able to connect to it all week...surely there must be some kind of temporary solution while the bug gets resolved?
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Since I will redo some stuff for the aragwaith line because of size issues and TC.
I don't know if I should replace the the Shield Guard with something like this. Though I don't realy like the old one. Any ideas, thoughts?
JW

Post by JW »

wayfarer wrote:Since I will redo some stuff for the aragwaith line because of size issues and TC.
I don't know if I should replace the the Shield Guard with something like this. Though I don't realy like the old one. Any ideas, thoughts?
I really like that sprite. It's very cleanly done.