The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jester

Re: The Era of Myths: 2 years old, handing over for a while.

Post by Jester »

Velensk wrote:There are two problems with that

Firstly the therians are also (hopefully) going to get edited to look very diffrent, and give a diffrent impression.

Secondly the roll I'm trying to get this to fill does not fit well with the base therian, unless you want a redundant aura wave.

The shape shifters problem is gameplay and art, both of which I'd like to update. Lore is up in the air at the moment.

If you wish I could try to keep it a therian who decided to join the warg, but I don't think it would not go over so cleanly. If you could propose a way to do it cleanly and still be perfectly fitting to the roll I'm going for then please share.
Oh, right. I forgot, the Therians are moving away from the Norse-druidic feel to a more junglesque/African style. The shapeshifters could, in theory, still be Therians, but I think that you're right when you suggest that it's better to not do that...

Still, I'd like to keep the beards. (;
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
poisonblack

Post by poisonblack »

Hello, can someone give me the link from where I can download EoM.?The Add-ons always give me a "Remote Host Disconnected" message.Trying from last 2-3 days.I need it urgent since most matches on server are played with Default+EE+EoM.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

@ Jester: The member, and probably the changling will have beards, but for obviouse reasons the man-cub won't. (estimated ages for purposes of art are 12-16 17-22, and 23-30) If you look in the art thread you can see my first attempt at the man-cub.

@Posionback: I don't know why you can't connect to the add-on server, but I will send you a pm with the current Era of Myths attatched.

EDIT: I tried, but the Era of Myths is to big to be sent via pm. Untill you can figure out why you can't connect to the add-on server (which I know is not down) you'll have to play without it.

The situation is not as urgent unless you like to play survivals, about 90%+ of games that use the era at the moment are survivals, if you are just looking for a standard game you'd probably be better of with default, so long as there are other people just looking for a standard game on the server.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
poisonblack

Post by poisonblack »

@ velensk: nevermind.Got the required EoM files from a friend of mine.I really had hoped that the Add-ons download would work, but Oh well...
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

poisonblack wrote:@ velensk: nevermind.Got the required EoM files from a friend of mine.I really had hoped that the Add-ons download would work, but Oh well...
Can you also help me here by sending me copy? I've experienced the same problem as you...
rapidshare/megaupload whatever you want.
poisonblack

Post by poisonblack »

Here you go.! :mrgreen:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3nzjsz
The zip file contains "/home/poisonblack/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Era_of_Myths" folder.
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

poisonblack wrote:Here you go.! :mrgreen:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3nzjsz
The zip file contains "/home/poisonblack/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Era_of_Myths" folder.
Thanks soooo much! I love you! No really!

How do I get the era to run, though?
poisonblack

Post by poisonblack »

Just put the folder "Era_of_Myths" in the zip file in /home/<usename>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Era_of_Myths directory and start the game.! No idea where to put the folder in Windows OS though. :|
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

poisonblack wrote:Just put the folder "Era_of_Myths" in the zip file in /home/<usename>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/Era_of_Myths directory and start the game.! No idea where to put the folder in Windows OS though. :|
Didn't work. Doesn't show up in Multiplayer or Campaign mode...or does it not work with 1.4? Do I need to download an older version of the game?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It works in 1.4. What kind of system do you use, it may differ slightly between systems?

P.S. I'm assuming you know how to use Eras if you don't then what you need to do is to go into the multiplayer create game window and click on the box under the map preview that says "default"
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

Velensk wrote:It works in 1.4. What kind of system do you use, it may differ slightly between systems?

P.S. I'm assuming you know how to use Eras if you don't then what you need to do is to go into the multiplayer create game window and click on the box under the map preview that says "default"
I'm using windows--I extracted the zip file under the 'campaigns' directory, as well as placed the zip there. Or should I rename it to .gz? Is there no need for anything to be done in the registry?
Saturos

Post by Saturos »

Someone update the campaign server. It's still on Delta 7.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

There has never been a delta 7, we are on delta 3 right now.
zharmad

Post by zharmad »

I have a question about the wind servant... why do the resistances drop to mostly 0% when they level up? IMO it's a little RIPLIB considering Wind herders trade off a 30-50% resistance for 50% HP and a little more attack - and they're still made of the same "stuff" as before.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

This is on my "too change list", and will be fixed in the next version.