The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I wonder if we can have some sort of island/continent to the north. Cold lands to the East (in their limits the Vampires could live, i don't think they care about temperature much), maybe a mountain chain that opens to a thick forest (Werewolves) and some more open land. Finally pushed sgainst the coast, a great desert/savannah where the Celestials could fight for their land.

The Shifters and Abominations could be put in the mix. The Celestials should have something between them and the Abominations, opening up a place for a campaign of "discovery".
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
JW

Post by JW »

RangerM: I actually had a giant earthquake as the cause for why the Shifters could not communicate back to Wesnoth as it opened a massive chasm in the earth between two distant mountain ranges. This would be a great disaster to fit into the storyline you bring up for the Celestials as well.

Cuyo: the area south of the Shifters is forest/jungle-ish, a place Jester and I thought the Werewolves could fit, and the Vamps would be in a neighboring area as well (I can't remember off the top of my head). Also remember that there is a vast desert to the east of Wesnoth that is later turned into swap by a dark necromancer. The Abominations would actually fit in perfectly into my campaign.

Dude, forget my Shifter campaign: I'm thinking of a grand campaign that would include all of the EOM factions!! Wow, that would be amazing.

I hesitate to start a new thread for the campaign right now as we haven't solidified the factions 100%, but I will once we do. I've got a basic plotline in my head already...(modified from my original idea for the Shifter campaign)...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Well, I can see how the Shifters would fit in Wesnoth, but I just can't see Werewolves, Vampires, Angels, Abominations, etc... we can hash this out in my Extremely Arrogant thread if you want to.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jester

Post by Jester »

Hm, maybe call the Celestials Avians or Wnged Ones or something, at least it's not Angels.

The Vampires could be living amongst humans/shifters, you know in secret, puppetering some big politicians or something.
I don't know if I can see an all-vampire-city/civilization, it could be done.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
JW

Post by JW »

Jester wrote:Hm, maybe call the Celestials Avians or Wnged Ones or something, at least it's not Angels.

The Vampires could be living amongst humans/shifters, you know in secret, puppetering some big politicians or something.
I don't know if I can see an all-vampire-city/civilization, it could be done.
Avians / Winged Ones...hmm...

...they're better than Celestials. I'm leaning towards Winged Ones, though I'm not gonna make a decision about that right now.

-

I've got the Shifters and Undead modified and in a playable EOM era. I'll add the other factions as soon as I get the .cfgs. (ignore this if they've been posted elsewhere, I haven't gone through all new posts yet)
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

[quote=Jester]
Hm, maybe call the Celestials Avians or Wnged Ones or something, at least it's not Angels.
[/quote]

Well they aren't all winged/flying though, are they? I was under the distinct impression that the Crusader and it's advancements were foot units.[/quote]
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

Maybe they could be called the Crusaders?

-

I've got the Elemental .cfgs and am going over them to put them in the current playable era. I'll post it when I've got them all together. Werewolves and Vamps will be added as soon as I get the .cfgs and I'd like at least a little art for the Aberrations & Celestials (Crusaders?) before I type up some .cfgs for them. (Unless EP wants to do it :twisted: )
JW

Post by JW »

I'll call this the Alpha 1 version of the EOM:

Things of note:

Undead:
Dark Adepts use Shadow not Cold
New unit currently named "Bodak" using the Ancient Lich.png

Shifters:
Aura Wave attacks changed to Mental

Werewolves:
need to be upgraded (working on that)

I'll try to get the Elementals on today too, but they're really jumbled and using old WML. :(

-

Crap it's too big!! (724kb)
JW

Post by JW »

Okay, I have all the folders setup already, so I had to remove the Elemental images and units to cut the size down.

EOM Version Alpha 1:
(for 1.1.4)

REMOVED TO SAVE SERVER SPACE
Last edited by JW on June 7th, 2006, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Sweet. One thing, though, is you might add some sort of demon to your Undead: highly resists fire and shadow, and is weak to cold, and has a fire meele and shadow ranged. Or something like that. I've always wanted a demon in the Undead, and this seems like the place to put it.

And I think you could be able to make it bigger if you put it on the campaign sever.
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

Flametrooper wrote: And I think you could be able to make it bigger if you put it on the campaign sever.
Yeah, I have a vein of perfectionism in me though. I won't put it up until it plays okay. Otherwise people might dl it and not realize when a new version is up and that would make me feel bad that they'd miss the great new releases.

Thanks for the praise.

About the idea of a demon unit: Neo's Chaos faction in Noyga's Extended Era has the type of unit you're thinking of. I don't think it would be good to add to the Undead though as it would really change what I'm going to call their consistancy. I appreciate the suggestion though.
JW

Post by JW »

Things that need to be done:
Shifters:
:arrow: rewrite unit .cfgs with modified abilities - JW
:arrow: create .pngs for Shifter Apprentice line (5 units) - ???

Undead:
:arrow: create .png for unit currently named Bodak - ???

Werewolves:
:arrow: create .pngs for remaining units (2 units?) - Jester

Elementals:
:arrow: reorder recruits - JW
:arrow: write .cfgs for unused art - ???

Vampires:
:arrow: write .cfgs for units with art - JW
:arrow: write configs for other proposed units - ???
:arrow: create .pngs for remaining proposed units - Jester

Celestials:
:arrow: write .cfgs for all proposed units - ???
:arrow: create .pngs for all proposed units (excluding "Angel" line) - ???
:arrow: brainstorm more units - all

Aberrations:
:arrow: write .cfgs for all proposed units - EP?
:arrow: create .pngs for all proposed units - ???
:arrow: possibly brainstorm more units - all

---

Playtesting and balancing will happen throughout. Expect Alpha 2 soon.
JW

Post by JW »

Instructions:
unzip EOM Alhpa 2a in userdata/data/campaigns
unzip EOM Alpha 2b in userdata/data/campaigns/Era_of_Myths/images

EOM Version Alpha 2:
(for 1.1.4)

Next version I'll put up on the campaign server, and I'll delete version Alpha 1 in a day or two.

REMOVED TO SAVE SERVER SPACE
Last edited by JW on June 7th, 2006, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiet

Post by kiet »

Downloaded and ready for testing..................
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

7 factions? C'mon, you can get more than that. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm