The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

yeah, I read it wrong.

-uploading fixed version now. hopefully no more major errors.

--thanks guys.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Just downloaded it. Major problems with balancing, at least from my PoV. I realize I'm sort of a newb, but there are a few glaring things:

In general
I can write up descriptions if you need them, I'm good at that sort of thing, just tell me a bit about background and culture for stuff like Shifters and Werewolves. (Otherwise I might make some up, and you know what that means. :wink:)
Werewolves
* The standard werewolf has a lot of power...i mean, not even an orcish grunt is that strong. Not even a troll whelp is that strong. A blade 11-2 and an impact 9-2...for just 17g. :shock:
* Everything is hard to hit everywhere, it took 6 good units to kill a damn wolf cub. Of course that might be just the RNG hating me.
Elementals
* Fire wisps: too much cost for too little power. Their level ups, on the other hand, are friggin awesome...or at least the fire ghost. The brazier creation...again, crap.
* Magic servants: cool. Love cheap scouts.
* Vine beast: too expensive. Maybe 18 gold, and that's max.
Shifters
* Dang, had no idea you were in THAT bad a state art-wise. Please, at least frankenstein stuf no matter how crap it looks, like I did with my Celtic stuff; at least to your not stealing a direct wild elf image. Of course, I realize you're stretched a bit thin, as you said, but still...
*Other than that, they are a neat faction.
Undead
*No comment. They are pretty much your average Undead, just changed stats.

That's all the evil nitpicking...err I mean constructive criticism for now. See ya.
hey.
JW

Post by JW »

Yeah, the Elementals were just put in to expose their art. I'm definitely reodering and somewhat balancing them tonight.

The Shifters simlpy have stolen images so they have standing images. They will change as soon as placeholder art is created. (less than half is stolen)

Undead: correct, although only the DA's attack was changed to Shadow, oh and the resists + the Bodak.

Werewolves: yeah, these guys play a lot differently than I'm used to - but I think that's good. It'll make balancing tougher from my side, but I welcome this challenge.

Overall: remember it's still ALPHA. :)

Thanks for your comments!
JW

Post by JW »

Alpha 4 out with the Elementals restructured and repowered. Hopefully they are playable now.

Enjoy!
Moroder

Post by Moroder »

Aye, playable, enjoyable, balanced and awesome. I guess we don't need two elemental factions out there, so my idea comes to an end. :wink:

I fought a couple battles against werewolves/shifters and all these factions are working great. As you said, however, the wolves are slightly too tough.

And I can hardly wait to see the shifters REAL art.
Last edited by Moroder on June 9th, 2006, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Religion is nothing. I'm all about lifestyle. Mine is Christ, and I'll always respect yours. :wink:
JW

Post by JW »

Moroder wrote:Aye, playable, enjoyable, balanced and awesome. I guess we don't need two elemental factions out there, so my idea comes to an end. :wink:

I fought a couple battles against werewolves/shifters and all these factions are working great. As you said, however, the wolves are slightly too tough.

And I can hardly wait to see the shifters REAL art.
hehe, thanks a BUNCH man. :) I've put in a good number of hours on this project (Shifters and now the EOM) so I really appreciate the comments. 8)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The Bodak's description says that its attack is always likely to hit. This is wrong.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

Elvish Pillager wrote:The Bodak's description says that its attack is always likely to hit. This is wrong.
hahaha, it has the "Magical" description attached to it still from the Ancient Lich.cfg I edited. :) I wanted to see how that macro worked.

*added to list of things to fix
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I don't know about Bodaks, but so far as the RNG, it hates me, it always has. For example, I'll have a unit with a 70% chance to hit my opponent, who has a 40% to hit me. And somehow I'll magically miss any time I go to hit him, but he'll, of course, hit me every time. Strange indeed, another dev cover-up...
JW

Post by JW »

Well, the Bodak always has a 10% chance to hit with his major attack. But yeah, RNG can be strange.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Uhm... if I remembered correct then there was someone who offered to write descriptions for the werewolves (and vampires?). Who was that? And does his/her offer still stand?

EDIT:
O, I see, it was Flametrooper.
I'd love your help with descriptions. :) Please post them in the werewolf thread.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

I can't play EoM in 1.1.5, when I try to start game I get for example this:
"Unknown unit type 'Warrior Wolf'"
JW

Post by JW »

Tomsik wrote:I can't play EoM in 1.1.5, when I try to start game I get for example this:
"Unknown unit type 'Warrior Wolf'"
I'll take a look at that. There are several other minor things I want to fix, so I'll probably upload Alpha 5 today or tomorrow. Thanks.

-esit-

I couldn't find a problem with anything relating to the Warrior Wolf.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

It's not only Warrior Wolf, i seen "EOM_Necrophage" "Fire Wisp" and few others also.
Also, when I choose faction instead of playing random i have lots of "?" instead of leader pictures and names.
JW

Post by JW »

Tomsik wrote:It's not only Warrior Wolf, i seen "EOM_Necrophage" "Fire Wisp" and few others also.
Also, when I choose faction instead of playing random i have lots of "?" instead of leader pictures and names.
Have you downloaded the latest version? Those problems should have been fixed in Alpha 3 or 4.

Also, what OS are you running? Apparently non-Windows can have caps issues (which shouldn't be there anymore). I'm working on Alpha 5 right now, so if nothing else try downloading this one once I upload it. (next 24 hours)