The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Urs
Art Contributor

Re: The Era of Myths: 2 years old, handing over for a while.

Post by Urs »

I've been thinking about adding a "crossover era" function to the next Imperial Era release, to crossover with EoM. Not guaranteed to happen, but likely (if I get the code to work). Just wanted to drop a message + make sure it's OK.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The best way to do that may be to just have the new Era pull the files from the two other eras using it. This way your era will update when the main ones do.

Feel free to use factions, units, or art.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

Yeah, that's what I mean. Kinda like what Extended and EoM have right now (actually exactly like that).
Velensk wrote:This way your era will update when the main ones do.
Uh, I'm not crossing over with mainline. If you mean your eras, yeah, that's the plan (and saving file size).
JW

Post by JW »

Hey.

I'm a little disappointed that the lore is still being thrown around in the air so much. I wrote an extensive post on the Therians a while back hoping that it would help. It also seems that my map descriptions were either unclear or unsatisfactory.

I'm okay with the EoM taking place on a different world, or part of the world, the Therians having gotten there by some portal. It actually makes great sense given the rest of the Wesnothian history - and parallels it.

But hey, I'm not making the decisions around here anymore, so I don't know what my opinion's worth. :P
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

First of all I've published the EoM map-pack and would like to know if it is working, (see mp dev for more info on the maps).

Secondly I've started work on art for the blackfur, but I don't have it at home, so it will be awhile before I can show it, even though I'm most of the way finshed with it. My campain is on it's 6th senario.

Thirdly: The therians arrived in The World (need to come up with a name) from the world of wesnoth through a mystic gate, but no one remembers this except the windsong, whom keep record of it in their vast libraries. The windsong also happened to keep a record of how the portal was created and destroyed (this may be a potential story mechanic).

Unless anyone has major objection that is now the offical story of the Therians.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

Sorry to bring this up again...

I downloaded EoM using an off-server download, a .zip pack with all the files. What should I do to install the era? I extracted the files under /Wesnoth 1.4/.../Campaign/Era_of_Myths(there's only 1 campaign folder) and placed the zip folder in there, but I don't seem to be able to play era. I can't find anything related in either Multiplayer mode(no new era avaliable) or in campaigns(no new campaign avaliable). Is there anything I have to do in order for the game to recognize the era?
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

You have to extract it... Microsoft's terminology is so misleading...
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

Espreon wrote:You have to extract it... Microsoft's terminology is so misleading...
I did extract it, if you mean extract by unzipping the file into the folder.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Firstly if you download the Era it will only show up in mp, nothing to do with campains yet. Secondly do you have the cfg file?
Roadkill095

Post by Roadkill095 »

I have a problem... Whenever i try to connect to the add-on server http://wolff.to/campaigns/dev/Era_of_Myths.tgz
it says remote host disconnected. Any answers to this?
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

Velensk wrote:Firstly if you download the Era it will only show up in mp, nothing to do with campains yet. Secondly do you have the cfg file?
The cfg file? you mean EOM_Era.cfg? Yes I have it in the zip file(and it has been extracted, as well)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

If you have both the Era of Myths folder, and the cfg in your camapins folder in your userdata folder, then I don't know what the problem is, try technical support.
ChibiDwarf

Post by ChibiDwarf »

Velensk wrote:If you have both the Era of Myths folder, and the cfg in your camapins folder in your userdata folder, then I don't know what the problem is, try technical support.
In userdata folder? There are many layers in it--where does the cfg belong? (originally I just extracted the whole zip so the cfg file was in the Era_of_Myths folder)
How about info.cfg? Does it belong in the userdata folder as well?

Many thanks for your patience on this.

Here's the directory the Era_of_Myths folder is in, including the two cfg files:

C:\Program Files\Wesnoth 1.4\data\campaigns
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Try deleting the "cache" folder in your userdata folder...
Jodwin

Post by Jodwin »

ChibiDwarf wrote:Here's the directory the Era_of_Myths folder is in, including the two cfg files:

C:\Program Files\Wesnoth 1.4\data\campaigns
Move it to

C:\Program Files\Wesnoth 1.4\userdata\data\campaigns
Yes I use windows, too.
Yes I too am aware of what that means.
Yes I'm still gonna use windows too.