The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Weeksy

Re: The Era of Myths: 2 years old, handing over for a while.

Post by Weeksy »

I think with this little fix (replace your units folders with the ones here) everything should have proper AMLAs (excepting the blood hulk, I didn't mess with his custom AMLA, as I'm not sure if Velensk would want fullheal there or not) and the Sire and Metheusalem should have pierce, not blade, fangs, like the other vampires.
Attachments
EOM-AMLA.zip
(162.89 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm assuming that is for me? I think I missed something, what was wrong with all the AMLAs?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Devling Fan

Post by Devling Fan »

@Velensk: Ok, thanks. Just trying to figure things out. If I'm bothering you at any point just let me know and I'll stop. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the era. You've really added to the Wesnoth experience.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

All the AMLA's were AMLA TOUGH 3 and didn't fullheal like in mainline, with the exception of the windsong units. I gave them AMLA DEFAULT. Looking over this, the new level 3 you gave the gatekeeper line for the windsong might have AMLA TOUGH 3 as well, I would look into this. Also, the fire sprite or whatever the level 3 flying brazier creation is didn't have any AMLA at all, so I fixed that.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Devling Fan

Post by Devling Fan »

Is there a downgrade of AoM I can dl so I can watch the replay from before?
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

What about giving the Warg a "Werebear" unit, or the likes of it, with a "claw" blade attack and a "bear hug" impact attack, having 40-50% max defence, to rid them of the default Wose unit?
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Valenwood wrote:What about giving the Warg a "Werebear" unit, or the likes of it, with a "claw" blade attack and a "bear hug" impact attack, having 40-50% max defence, to rid them of the default Wose unit?
Wargs are already getting a new unit to replace the wose, and yes iit would possibly be a bear. But a non-shapeshifting bear.
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Weeksy wrote:I think with this little fix (replace your units folders with the ones here) everything should have proper AMLAs (excepting the blood hulk, I didn't mess with his custom AMLA, as I'm not sure if Velensk would want fullheal there or not) and the Sire and Metheusalem should have pierce, not blade, fangs, like the other vampires.
You forgot some units. The Day Hunter still does not get full HP. Maybe others too, but that's the one we found out the hard way just now :D
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Whoops. In my hurry to fix the fang problem, I forgot to fix any vampire AMLA but the Methusalem. This one should be good, but please tell if you find any more.
Attachments
EOM-AMLA.zip
(162.89 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Jester

Post by Jester »

Just dropping by to say "Holy [censored] this is still alive".

Really makes me happy to see that the vampires and Warg are still going strong (as well as the other factions in this Era ofcourse, but these two were my babies). Keep up the good work, I'm thouroughly enjoying this.

-back to lurking-

EDIT:
On second thought, I'll try to get back in on this. I'd preferably do some descriptive stuff etc.

Is there a list of units that need stuff written for them?
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Valenwood

Post by Valenwood »

Neoskel wrote:
Valenwood wrote:What about giving the Warg a "Werebear" unit, or the likes of it, with a "claw" blade attack and a "bear hug" impact attack, having 40-50% max defence, to rid them of the default Wose unit?
Wargs are already getting a new unit to replace the wose, and yes iit would possibly be a bear. But a non-shapeshifting bear.
Alright! :D That's nice to hear, and I will be looking forward to it ;) Will the Naga have a similar replacement? Like a chaotic Beast-man, Were-something water unit?
Jester

Post by Jester »

How 'bout instead of the naga some sort of water dryad, a creature that dwells in the murky waters of forest ponds.

Some semi-random stats:

Code: Select all

Water Dryad

HP: 26
Costs: 14
Moves: 7
Alignment: neutral

Scratch 4-3 melee blade
Entangle (using pondweed) 1-4 melee impact slows

blade  	0%
cold 	-20%
fire 	0%
arcane 	0%
impact 	0%
pierce 	0%

Castle  	2  	40%
Village 	1 	40%
Deep Water 	1 	50%
Shallow Water 	1 	60%
Grassland 	2 	30%
Forest 	1 	60%
Hills 	3 	40%
Mountains 	5 	40%
Swamp 	1 	60%
Sand 	1 	20%
Cave 	2 	50%
Snow 	2 	20%
Mushroom Grove 	2 	40%
Chasm 	99 	20%
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Perhaps a crocodile with a blade bite and impact tail, possibly submerge?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The problem is crodiles come from a much warmer climate than the impression the rest of the warg give. I'm not against a form of spirit, but I think I would like a diffrent name. Also giving the warg a slowing attack seems like a bad idea.

Thinking over it, the will'o'wisp can fight fine on water so having a devoted water unit is not a nessesity, however I don't like the idea of taking out a unit without replacing it.

It may be that the best way to go about it would be to give the warg both the bear and the blackfur, both. And take away the wose and the naga even though the blackfur does not fill the same roll as the naga, because the wisp does that. As anther compensation I could lower the wargs move cost in water to 2, which is somewhat realistic as dogs/wolves tend to be better swimmers than the average armored humans (3), and at least as good as the average unarmored human (2).

For jester

The blackfur was origionaly suggested by me (as a wose replacement). It is a small black warg, it would have about the following stats

chaotic
cost 22
hp 34
mp 5 (small legs, but wolffoot)
nightstalk
5-3 backstab

very expensive, but very high damage/invisable at night, and not easy to kill consitering wolf foot.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Jester

Post by Jester »

Level one or level two? I'll see if I can come up with graphics for it.