The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Post by JW »

viorc wrote:
JW wrote: Thanks for your effort on keeping the main page up to date. :)
Just wondering, is it OK for me to upload all the sprites from the era in some free image hosting site (I consider using photobucket) so that I could reference them more easilly into the complete faction list ?
Or does it violate any license or good practice ?
Please do. That's how I did the Arendians. I imagine those images are probably out of date now...

Best of luck creating the pages. I will be interesting to see once you finish.
viorc

Post by viorc »

JW wrote:Best of luck creating the pages. I will be interesting to see once you finish.
Just go now and check it 8)

PS: maybe you should just change the title of the thread now that no major change is planned anymore. ;)
JW

Post by JW »

viorc wrote:Just go now and check it 8)

PS: maybe you should just change the title of the thread now that no major change is planned anymore. ;)
Wow, that's awesome man! 8)

As for the major revisions......
....I still plan on implementing them sometime. I just need some time off from Wesnoth.
viorc

Post by viorc »

JW wrote:As for the major revisions......
....I still plan on implementing them sometime.
THAT is a good news !
JW wrote: I just need some time off from Wesnoth.
Hey, I understand :(
Mmm...

... good luck with your current life pursuits JW, we will miss you! :)
viorc

Post by viorc »

I see there is a EOM alpha 12 on the new campaigns.wesnoth.org:15004 server.
JW wrote:Changelog for EOMa11:
-will be uploading within the hour

version Alpha 11:
balancing act
(9-4-2006)
New releases used to be annouced with more noise before :)
To anyone who did that, there is stil a problem with celestials line. See there.
HTH
JW

Post by JW »

Holy crap, there's a bug report system?

But yes, EOMa12 is on the 1.1.11 (1.2) server. I had made the changes long ago, but hadn't uploaded it until yesterday. Thanks for reminding me to update the thread.
viorc

EMO Rehauling page on the wiki

Post by viorc »

JW wrote:this would require a major rehauling of the .cfgs, but I'm up to it. I'd like some feedback on the idea though before I do anything.
I have made some change of the EMO alpha 12 unit files, the result can be checked at EMO Rehauling page on the wiki.
I would be happy to proceed if JW gives more directions on the major changes he planned.
In the meantime I will introduced the resistances in the template of the Complete Faction List as I left it in quite a mess. Hopefully, after being accessible through the wiki, it will be easier to sort out.
JW wrote:No Electric. Disrupt is like distracting or confusing someone, interfering with their thoughts. Overwhelm is like grabbing a hold of someone's mind and directing it, disarming it.
What about the units that are currently having an electric attack (Celestial Wizard line and elemental Thunderbird) ?
JW

Re: EMO Rehauling page on the wiki

Post by JW »

viorc wrote:
JW wrote:this would require a major rehauling of the .cfgs, but I'm up to it. I'd like some feedback on the idea though before I do anything.
I have made some change of the EMO alpha 12 unit files, the result can be checked at EMO Rehauling page on the wiki.
I would be happy to proceed if JW gives more directions on the major changes he planned.
In the meantime I will introduced the resistances in the template of the Complete Faction List as I left it in quite a mess. Hopefully, after being accessible through the wiki, it will be easier to sort out.
JW wrote:No Electric. Disrupt is like distracting or confusing someone, interfering with their thoughts. Overwhelm is like grabbing a hold of someone's mind and directing it, disarming it.
What about the units that are currently having an electric attack (Celestial Wizard line and elemental Thunderbird) ?
Wow man. Your interest in this project is making me want to come back and do some things. Tell you what, I'll go ahead and fudge with the .cfgs tonight and release a Beta version of the era that will named as such to differentiate the damage type and range inconsistancies between versions.

I'll put it as a seperate download for now, and if it turns out to be better I'll delete the Alpha from the server.
viorc

Post by viorc »

JW wrote:Wow man. Your interest in this project is making me want to come back and do some things.
That is a good idea :D
JW wrote:Tell you what, I'll go ahead and fudge with the .cfgs tonight and release a Beta version of the era that will named as such to differentiate the damage type and range inconsistancies between versions.
Well maybe you could use what I have done so far.
After all, it is a lot of files to modify - no need to do it twice !
Unfortunately i am in the process of introducing the resistance in the complete faction list, so it is not so convenient for me to send the result today. Can you wait until tomorrow ?
Jester

Post by Jester »

Three little thingies on the Rehaul page.
-The Werewolfs are called Warg :)
-The Vampire page is missing the Noble line (which is an advancement from the Fledgeling)
-The Bloodborn advances to a Thin Blood and a Fledgeling
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
viorc

Post by viorc »

viorc wrote:In the meantime I will introduced the resistances in the template of the Complete Faction List
Done in the rehaul pages.
Next step will be to give different value to disrupt and overwhelm damage types when necessary.
Jester wrote:Three little thingies on the Rehaul page.
-The Vampire page is missing the Noble line (which is an advancement from the Fledgeling)
Thanks for reporting :)
As these pages are generated from the cfg files, the error is either in cfg or in the script. Either case it will be fixed ASAP.
viorc

Post by viorc »

viorc wrote:
Jester wrote:Three little thingies on the Rehaul page.
Thanks for reporting :)
As these pages are generated from the cfg files, the error is either in cfg or in the script. Either case it will be fixed ASAP.
Done 8)

From now on, there are three more actions to take to finish the first phase of the conversion. They are:
  • - Change electric attack of certain units to ??? (Celestial Wizard line, Elementals Thunderbird)
    - Correct overwhelm and disrupt resistance values (currently identical for all movetypes and all units)
    - Correct damage type of mental ranged attacks (currently all are of overwhelm type)
JW, either you think at these points and you provide me the decision, I will be happy to change the cfg files by myself according to your plan, either I send you the current version of the cfg files and you do everything by yourself.
As you are back on duty for such a short time, I would say the second choice is probably too heavy for a revenant ;)
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Jester

Post by Jester »

The Noble line is missing it's last advancement, the Methusalem.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
JW

Post by JW »

Wow...bug reports for the EOM....it still amazes me. 8)

I'll get on the matters soon (within the next weekend).