The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Verbatov

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Verbatov »

I mistook the "clash of heroes" and "clash of the lords". All the mistakes I've found are: Abomination "feeding greater" does not work. Bone pirate and bone marauder have the same price. If altawir level up an error appears "could not find the unit begin advance to:rol great flame". Could you fix it? It would be nice if you came in more than once a month :D

Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

I found this in the logs:
20200103 08:36:05 warning help: Found a section generator that I didn't recognize: units:
20200103 08:36:05 warning help: Found a topic generator that I didn't recognize: units:
Unknown unit type : ROLElvish Vendicator
20200103 08:36:06 warning filesystem: Conflicting files in binary_path: '/home/USER/.local/share/wesnoth/git/data/add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/images/attacks/fire-breath-drake.png' and '/home/USER/git/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/fire-breath-drake.png'
Introduction to WML filtering and WML variables.

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:46 pm
I mistook the "clash of heroes" and "clash of the lords". All the mistakes I've found are: Abomination "feeding greater" does not work. Bone pirate and bone marauder have the same price. If altawir level up an error appears "could not find the unit begin advance to:rol great flame". Could you fix it? It would be nice if you came in more than once a month :D
:oops: Sorry Verbatov and everyone else who has posted comments recently. Yes I really do need to fix these errors. Unfortunately I have been quite busy and as I formerly mentioned lost the password to the add-on. Give me a day and I will fix all these bugs. I appreciate everyone's support on this!

Also I am going to add a new unit please post if you have any requests!! 8)

@Shiki - will do! :D
Creator of: The Reign of The Lords Era,The Gnats Franken Dungeon
Co-designer of the (not-wesnoth) space combat video game Planet Bounce.

The_Gnat

Re: The Reign of the Lords (loading complications)

Post by The_Gnat »

WhiteWolf wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 2:49 pm
There's a bug in Eternal Lich...
That is interesting. The macro you mentioned {ADVANCE_IFHAVEANDCAMPAGIN (Lich)} has been disabled for a while now so it does nothing. Unfortunately that means I don't know what could be causing this issue. But I will look into that! :)
A sidenote as an add-on creator who uses debug mode a lot: I'm not sure if unconditionally loading all units to the game path is a good idea...
I'd suggest that the mod uses its own path and only loads the units when the mod is actually enabled. Note that I don't know if this is possible, I didn't look into how the mod works, this is just a suggestion :)
That is a good point. I actually had to relocate it myself when testing another add-on :mrgreen: . However, I am not sure if it is possible to only load units after the add-on is enabled. It might work for campaigns (because there is a second load after a campaign is launched) but if I want the add-on to work in MP I think it needs to be loaded at the start of the game.

Thank you for commenting though!

@dev's - If any developers have advice it would be appreciated!

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It is not possible.

gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Multiplayer scenarios also support custom defined these days you can see how the mainline mp scenario "a new land" does it
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Ravana wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 10:41 pm
It is not possible.
Thank you for letting me know. :) I thought it wouldn't be but its worth asking, because I do agree with whitewolf that the number of units RoTL loads can be inconvenient.
gfgtdf wrote:
January 4th, 2020, 11:37 pm
Multiplayer scenarios also support custom defined these days you can see how the mainline mp scenario "a new land" does it
Thank you, that's good to know. I will keep that in mind in the future.

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

I have just put out a quick update 9.2.4 for 1.14 fixing the bugs and adding 2 new lvl 5 Drake units (the High Champion and the Imperial).

I will try to put out another update with more units at some point soon and please keep telling if you see any bugs!

Verbatov

Post by Verbatov »

Great job ;) but you didn't add one drake unit (Imperial) to the development path. I think you could add some more units to the ghosts and upgrade the lizards because they are not good compared to other units.

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Verbatov wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:12 pm
Great job ;) but you didn't add one drake unit (Imperial) to the development path. I think you could add some more units to the ghosts and upgrade the lizards because they are not good compared to other units.
Hey Verbatov! Thanks for noticing, apparently I can't spell :P Okay great idea! I will look into adding some more advancements for them! :D