Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.20

Post by IPS »

Yo, my motivation is back.

Could be possible to do balance adjustments for 21th July or even 28th July? Yup I'm asking for a month to implement a lot of pending balance suggestions. Apart that now I'm fresh and might have more creative suggestions.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Since I split binary files to different addons it is easy to make frequent releases.
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

Here to note what I suppose is a bug in the Archaic Faction "Phantoms." They have a unit on their recruit list called "Vapor" which costs 5 gold and proportedly disappears when attacked by an enemy unit. However, this "disappearing" function only appears to be working on the unit "feather dancer," my other units still live after being hit by enemy attacks.

Hope this helps, cheers!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Next release is expected around tomorrow. Only planned breaking changes are those from EoMa.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

ghype wrote: June 26th, 2018, 12:12 pm Bitrons seems to fancy altering known race names into something new, but similar.
I guess you should take them more as faction names, not race name.
Yes, it is the faction's name, not the race. Those guys are still vampires.
ForestDragon wrote: June 26th, 2018, 11:15 am I'm not sure if making a pun that strongly looks like a typo is a good idea...
I'm not sure either. I guess you will have to ask Agarwaïn (antagonist in Vision of a Shaman) what she was thinking...
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.21

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.21 is out on the 1.14 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.21:
* Units and Factions
    * Updated era: Era of Magic. This means all previous modifications and balance changes are gone, see 
      https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Ageless-for-1-14/issues/2 for changes compared to EoMa.
* Graphics
    * Fixed some incorrect image paths
    * Added missing EoMa resources binary path
* Balance
    * Dark legion Drone cost increased, 11 to 13
* Bug Fixes
    * ELE shieldwall
* Other
    * Fixed movecost 100 warnings
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

Found a bug this evening in the "Blight" faction. When using the units "Host" and "Spore HIve" upon attempting to attack with their ranged attack, the actual outcome would end up being a 'melee' attack using the damage output from the'r 'defend-only' melee attack (which is not even present in the menu where you select your attack) and followed by the enemies melee retaliation. In the attack menu it shows the ranged 'spores' attack and the damage output (2x10), but that is not what you get.

Hope this helps, thanks!
Juncboks

Post by Juncboks »

Hey, finally got this game after a long time away from it. Got your modification right away, but there seems to be a problem where I try to recruit, but all I get is "no units to recruit" message. Am I missing something obvious and am just dumb?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

You most likely picked RPG era then.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

The MiE era's vampires have custom drains and plagues abilities which filter by race - their plague affects humans and elves only, and they take damage from drinking dwarven blood. But it currently filters only on the MiE and core races, and doesn't know about Ageless' many elf and dwarf variants.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I think it was considered acceptable problem. Would be nice if it worked as intended, but too much effort for me.

EoMa and archaic have abilities with similar problem.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I'm posting a lot of balance suggestions soon, and ordened by importance because of the many. That's one of the reasons of why I delayed at posting my feedback (apart of being lazy... because some irregularities in my life...). Will be editing this post to post the balance suggestions.

Also, while viewing units that could be potentially nerfed in RPG gameplay I found this bug in unit's attack name. In the Lv3 constructor of Ancient Dwarves.

Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Fixed.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I'm seing that AE - Desert elves are the same than mainline desert elves from certain campaigns. The problem is that the variety of units on there is too few (5 recruitable units at level 1).

So, could be possible to diverge AE - Desert elves from mainline desert elves? This could give as result extra units to desert elves and doing balance changes without caring about being loyal to original desert stats.

If the proposal is accepted, I'm doing some changes to AE - Desert elves.
Last edited by IPS on August 10th, 2018, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.