Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Re: Archaic Era (Active for BfW 1.13, Maintenance for BfW 1.

Post by doofus-01 » January 15th, 2018, 3:06 am

ForestDragon wrote:Decided to contribute edited ranged attack animation code for the roswellian line:
That was a nice idea for the psionic blast. And speaking of animations, I've got pretty complete set for the little green men now, they'll be in the next update.
ForestDragon wrote:btw, I think the lvl2's melee damage should be buffed to 6-2, or the tank's crush should be nerfed to 11-2 (since lvl1: 3-2 > lvl2: 5-2 > lvl3: 12-2 isn't a very smooth progression)
Yeah. I think there could be a branch, where the tank is more physical and the hypothetical unit is more range-attack oriented.
Eagle_11 wrote:The sprite remaint a bit too large and detailed for an lvl2 unit, since you have made the sprite may i ask if you would be willing to modify it a bit to have an lvl2 version of it.
I might make a lower level some day, but if all you need is to make it smaller, can't you do that?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

Eagle_11

Re: Archaic Era (Active for BfW 1.13, Maintenance for BfW 1.

Post by Eagle_11 » January 15th, 2018, 10:59 am

Figured to ask might not hurt before hurrying ahead and doing as such anyways.

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

Post by doofus-01 » March 19th, 2018, 2:41 am

Archaic Era v1.8.0 and Archaic Resources v1.3.0 have been uploaded to BfW 1.14 server. I didn't bother with the BfW 1.13 server, since it won't be relevant soon. Most of the changes were graphics, but there is also a new unit in the little-green-man line.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |

ghype

Re: Archaic Era (BfW 1.14)

Post by ghype » June 4th, 2018, 6:29 am

I know this really doesn't belong here, but I couldn't find a thread to Archaic Resources. So I just leave it here.
One of the image from Archaic Resources interfered with a completely game, which was not using any active mods.
I am talking about wc II and the image is /images/terrains/bellows. It was mashed up for no reason with a default village.

I am not sure if this error is reproducible, but I thought it would be still good to at least mention it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-06-03 16.43.32.png
Screenshot 2018-06-03 16.43.32.png (69.15 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
post sprites & stuff every day: ghype's Daily Art
destroying enemy castle here: Orcish Castle - Destroyed - work in progress

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Post by doofus-01 » June 5th, 2018, 3:29 am

ghype wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 6:29 am
I know this really doesn't belong here, but I couldn't find a thread to Archaic Resources. So I just leave it here.
One of the image from Archaic Resources interfered with a completely game, which was not using any active mods.
I am talking about wc II and the image is /images/terrains/bellows. It was mashed up for no reason with a default village.

I am not sure if this error is reproducible, but I thought it would be still good to at least mention it.
Huh... No idea why that happens. I'm not familiar with wc II, but I've never seen it happen to a regular village and I'm guessing that was not in the map editor?

In related news:
Archaic Resources 1.3.1 and Archaic Era 1.8.1 have been uploaded. The changes are mostly graphics related. I don't have a change-log, but the GitHub link in my signature can be somewhat close.

doofus-01
Art Contributor

Post by doofus-01 » July 9th, 2018, 4:03 am

1.8.2 has been sent to the BfW 1.14 add-on server. This includes some minor graphics update, and the start of a better organized, less ad-hoc AMLA system. It's not fully wired in yet, so a further update will be necessary.

It may not have much impact on standard MP matches, but it should be relevant to situations with higher-level units (such as SP campaign Bad Moon Rising).