Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zap-Zarap

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.19

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Ofc, everything is ok. I can manage to play without the trait.
Thanks for that nice faction you made, anyway. I like playing devlings a lot (mainly on quequo's nice Ageless Scrolling Maps).
I like beavers.
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

Possible bug. Playing Ageless Survival scenario.
The help section for Primevals lists trait 'zealous' as 'zero upkeep'.
However, if I hover over a unit with this trait, it says '+30% xp to advance, +1 melee dmg'.

Seems to be a bug, unless the scenario modifies the trait (as all units are already 0 upkeep there).
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Not bug, hovered description is generated based on effects, so written description only has what is not generated.
Lunatic

Post by Lunatic »

Just found about the mod a little ago and i got some interest for the BEEM-Anakes faction
i have been testing mainly the Initiate/Hierophant/Dark Prophet/Spellcaster/Wizard units and found that no one of them is using their ''magic'' animation files
specifically the animation files:
dark_prophet_magic1/2/3/4 ( the same happens for any other ''magic'' related units with the animation )
i'm not sure if this a known problem #if it is i'm sorry i couldn't find anything related about
i didn't got any error-related message problem while loading the ageless add-on or ever any in-game related error-message ( playing as multiplayer/local-game vs AI )
it just.. looks like it skip the animation process while attacking with the ranged missile animation ( which works normally )
anyone else have this problem?

#running latest wesnoth version 1.14/ageless era 4.19
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Will check it. Does not seem wrong, I need more info.

Current status: waiting for EoMa and ELE update.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Her halo's already changed in the new EoMa, but the "matriarch graphics bug" is:
matriach_graphics_bug.png
Derth

Post by Derth »

Great Quest seems to be incompatible with some of the factions for this mod, given the way it determines available recruits. Anything that shares a species entry with a vanilla faction, like the Slyvan Elves, can only recruit vanilla units.
octalot wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 9:27 pm Her halo's already changed in the new EoMa, but the "matriarch graphics bug" is:matriach_graphics_bug.png
If you zoom in or out, the aura appears to display as intended.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.20

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.20 is out on the 1.14 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.20:
* Units and Factions
    * Updated era: Era of Magic. This means all previous modifications and balance changes are gone.
    * New era: Millennium Era (MiE). This replaces Vilkai faction.	
    * New era: Eternal Era (ELE)
    * Khalifate is renamed to Dunefolk
* Graphics
    * Fixed some incorrect image paths
* Balance
    * Oathsworn strike upgrades are not ignored anymore
    * Several EoMa attacks strike upgrades are ignored now
    * Frozen golem Knockback has been removed
    * Oracles Summoner and Conjurer power and cost reduced
* Bug Fixes
    * Hex, Wardrums, Saga, Shifter, Deadly Strike, 
    * Invalid units 'Bone Knight', 'AE_rhy_dw_Fighter'
    * Factions sorting order https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3177
* Other
    * Images have been moved to separate addons: Ageless_Resources and Era_of_Magic_Resources
    * New random group: Random Balanced. Factions given there are expected to be more suitable for competitive games.
Saratos

Post by Saratos »

Hey guys, thanks for maintaining Ageless, I freaking love the Era!

Just hopping on here to report a few bugs, I took a screenshot of two, but the others I will just describe best I can.

- Bugs -
1. in the new ELE faction "Centaurs" (loving the new factions by the way), firstly, the icon is missing in the selection list when you choose the faction. It just says the name without a picture. Secondly, one of the units, "Apprentice," has an attack type typo, for it's "thorns" attack, it says it is an "UNTLB type_piece" Damage Type, which is getting through all resistances as if they were 0%.
centaur bug.png
2. The "Hex" ability on the "Natives" unit "Witch Doctor" carries over to spawned units in the map "Afterlife" online > will post this on the Afterlife thread as well (assuming there is one). Another thing about this ability, the tooltip says it does not affect "undead" units, but in reality, it "only affects living units," magical units such as elementals are also unaffected by the ability.
hex bug afterlife.png
3. In the EoMa faction "Dwarvish Runemasters," the "Mechanic" unit has some special abilities in it's upgraded forms that are throwing lua errors. It seems to be something to do with the fact that the unit is supposed to gain exp from using the abilities, such as the one to level up a nearby drone by right clicking it and paying for the upgrade. The unit is not actually gaining the exp when using these abilities as the tooltip suggests. Everything else is working ok with the ability, so I presume the lua error might be linked to this.

4. The unit "Steel Sentinel" in the faction "Steelhive" has some weird text showing up on it's AMLA screen where you choose an upgrade. I'm just going by memory and it's been a while, but I think it says some sort of error message about an invalid type in front of each ability choice.

Hope this is helpful, thanks again, all the best!
ghype

Post by ghype »

Saratos wrote: June 21st, 2018, 5:13 am - Bugs -
1. in the new ELE faction "Centaurs" (loving the new factions by the way), firstly, the icon is missing in the selection list when you choose the faction. It just says the name without a picture. Secondly, one of the units, "Apprentice," has an attack type typo, for it's "thorns" attack, it says it is an "UNTLB type_piece" Damage Type, which is getting through all resistances as if they were 0%.
yeah.. that is my fault.I couldn send in the correct version in time. all of these errors and many more will be fixed in the next version. if you want to see the current status of ELE, you can either download the standalone current version. I'might make a separate thread for ELE later.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Saratos wrote: June 21st, 2018, 5:13 am Hey guys, thanks for maintaining Ageless, I freaking love the Era!

Just hopping on here to report a few bugs, I took a screenshot of two, but the others I will just describe best I can.

- Bugs -

2. The "Hex" ability on the "Natives" unit "Witch Doctor" carries over to spawned units in the map "Afterlife" online > will post this on the Afterlife thread as well (assuming there is one). Another thing about this ability, the tooltip says it does not affect "undead" units, but in reality, it "only affects living units," magical units such as elementals are also unaffected by the ability.

3. In the EoMa faction "Dwarvish Runemasters," the "Mechanic" unit has some special abilities in it's upgraded forms that are throwing lua errors. It seems to be something to do with the fact that the unit is supposed to gain exp from using the abilities, such as the one to level up a nearby drone by right clicking it and paying for the upgrade. The unit is not actually gaining the exp when using these abilities as the tooltip suggests. Everything else is working ok with the ability, so I presume the lua error might be linked to this.

4. The unit "Steel Sentinel" in the faction "Steelhive" has some weird text showing up on it's AMLA screen where you choose an upgrade. I'm just going by memory and it's been a while, but I think it says some sort of error message about an invalid type in front of each ability choice.

Hope this is helpful, thanks again, all the best!
2. Nothing I can do about how it works in afterlife. There is unit_placed event, but that fires too often and is not suitable time for removing hex. I guess I could keep internal set of unit ids that are affected by hex, but that might become complicated and save-unsafe.

Magical is just different name for undead, it still uses undead code.

3. Better forward it to viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20039 if it happens there too, I have not intentionally changed those abilities.

4. Fixed.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Hi, I'm in the process of making Architecture Mod compatible with Ageless Era and while browsing through the factions I came across a possible typo. The sub era MiE has a faction with the id AE_mie_faction_vampires and all its units have ids that start with "vampire" and the names sometimes contain vampire, but the faction name is "MiE - " + _"Vempire".
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It's Vampire + Empire. That will be explained in the campaign. x)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ravana wrote: June 26th, 2018, 11:10 am
I'm not sure if making a pun that strongly looks like a typo is a good idea...
ghype

Post by ghype »

ForestDragon wrote: June 26th, 2018, 11:15 am
Ravana wrote: June 26th, 2018, 11:10 am
I'm not sure if making a pun that strongly looks like a typo is a good idea...
Bitrons seems to fancy altering known race names into something new, but similar.
I guess you should take them more as faction names, not race name.