Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.18

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.18

Postby Ravana » October 17th, 2017, 11:15 pm

You can get several years of versions from https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 1/releases.
Ravana

Postby Shiki » October 20th, 2017, 1:45 am

Hi IPS, hello Ravana,

I combined the v4.15 values with the balance unrelated changes. An exact list of all the differences can be seen here.
I'm having no objections to any changes, in fact I'm about to stop to work on EoM, because I'm not having the time anymore.
However, I want to link to this discussion, it potentially points out some problems with the devlings, personally I worried about the point that it's harder for your enemy to get xp.
I plan to make a (last) EoM release soon, should I include there both flavors of devlings?
Maintainer of Era of Myths.
Shiki

Postby IPS » October 21st, 2017, 6:45 pm

@3p_-_Orocia_Random_Mod_replay.gz
(195.3 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Won an orocian game playing at 3 low tier rated factions:
- Devlings (IPS)
- Equestrians (IPS)
- TheWarg (IPS)

Needed a total of 2 reloads to find it in later turns (turns +30, I can't remember)

Expectations of Tiers judging the results on this game:
--- Devlings Tier: A-
They literally carried the other 2 sides, but they had inconsistencies at surviving in later waves which usually is not a problem when I'm playing with other persons using stronger factions. Sad that no Abuser could live till the end... They can work even with a pair of lower tier factions.
--- Equestrians Tiers: B- / B+
Had severe issues with the expensive their units are. They were extremely weak early game mostly because I couldn't find that many upgrades. Once they reach late game, they did clearly fine.
--- The Warg Tier: B-
This one faction is not good for orocia map mostly because most of their units favors in forest and open fields. Had a complaint about sprites being a bit too slow considering their low health (maybe +1 movement at all levels and/or few more hp mostly at lv2-lv3). Had complaint about the health of the Lv2 Changelings which is lower than most Lv2 mele fighters. Couldn't afford for a cub wolf (sadly) in this game which was needed to take down enemies at higher terrain defenses.

Found to win in hardcore difficulty with all 3 not so loved factions but with 2 reloads, so it was more or less reliant on luck, except devling faction that at least in my hands are a stable pick and early game carriers. Note that the 3 sides were controled by the same person with perfect coordination and teamwork, so I'm probably lowering all grades by 1/3 of tier in following post (by editing my coment)

1/3 of grade decrease is for example A+ -> A

Edit: you can move the post if it's at the wrong place, dunno if it should been in AE topic or in Orocia topic or in the ageless faction tiers for survivals.

Edit2: I will add another replay which I've played as Luz, at not loosing units in normal diff of orocia, can consider increasing Luz factional tier to A- considering that it works really smooth.
Attachments
@3p_-_Orocia_LUZ_0_losses_[Normal].gz
(201.41 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server.
IPS

Postby IPS » November 11th, 2017, 6:08 am

I feel I'm late with this 2nd part of ageless changelist. If you question me that .txt had like 55-75% of it's actual length like 6-9 weeks ago ago and due a personal crisis during the month of October that work progressed a lot slower than normally.

Modifications
Several irregularities reporting.
(+/-) AE - Steelhive (Lightshifter as viable fighting unit and new Lv1, Nymph and Siren adjustments)
(-) ARCHAIC - Primeval faction nerf... only Buffed Velite. Lower arcane weakness on higher levels.
(+) EE - Dark Elves (No longer negative resistanecs to arcane, magi moderate extra arcane resistance)
( !! ) FEUDAL ERA - ORCISH KANAGHATES MASSIVE REWORK OF SHIELDERS, considerable buffs for most units.
(+) EOC - Elementalists (More consistent elementals, lower mele damage for human mages)
(+) EOC - Wild Humans (Moderate buffs)
( ! ) AE - Yokai (New Lv2s !! and some lesser adjustments)
(-) EoMa - Dark Blood Aliance (nerfs to toads, wyberns, chose of swamp, crossbowmen moderate buffs).
( ! ) MERCS - Enchanters (NEW swords! x3 New Lv3 Swords)
(+) MERCS - The cult (Significant buffs)
(-) MERCS - Infernai (Mostly repricing, ifreet nerfs and other considerations)
(+) ARCHAIC - Kthlons (Lv2 for the recently buffed toads XP ineficent to rush also)
(+) RE - Forest Dwarves (Sustantive buffs to Gnomes that are really underpowered and struggle with slow trait...)

MERCS - Hive list of changes delayed (removed from part B) due upcoming surprises!!
Attachments
ageless 4.19 part B.txt
2nd part
(38.79 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
IPS

Postby IPS » November 13th, 2017, 4:11 am

Just wondered about checking Anakes, okey, super fun experience, easy buffs and easy job.

Views calydonians and expecting only Daioinian swordsman buff, notices [censored] movement costs at rough terrains like cave, sand, swamp, swallow water, coastal rift and others, immediately noticed that this issue was present in all Calydonian faction ... more than 1h of madness with just fixing [censored] unit design... BEEN teached me how to NOT DO unit design :evil:

And my experience with Calydonians revision was that maddening that I refuse to include this from part 3 of ageless... at least all this was done in less than 4h... I don't care if I forgot something in terrain property, it can be fixed in 4.20 later and will be among the very first things I will do after 4.19 is free to download.

edit: Apply movement costs for daionian swordsman lv1-lv3 and make Lv3 40% flat defense (instead of 30%) unlike lv1 and lv2 which are 40% flat defense. Castle defense is okey and rest looks okey. And yup, this will be ugly to fix... :(

Personal data: most annoying stat to fix are movement costs/defense mostly when they're in mass...
Attachments
BEEM hotfix.txt
Anakes and Calydonians buffs
(8.45 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
IPS

Postby wuxiangjinxing » Yesterday, 7:39 pm

I'm just curious why there's no image for the unbounded mummy?
wuxiangjinxing

Postby Ravana » Yesterday, 7:42 pm

Mummy line was limited to level 0 and level 1 units in archaic era. There is just no separate image for that unit now.

I see image attribute is just missing, created https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... /issues/10.
Ravana

Previous

Return to Faction & Era Development