New attack buttons

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pekka
Art Contributor

Post by pekka »

Haven't been around for couple of days and now I've managed to give a try for an iceball icon variation with 2 versions. This is meant to be a weaker iceball than the former, already committed one. The composition is same as in the dark missile icon. This is not a re-edit of the older iceball, I drew this from a scratch. I hope it looks different enough..

Jetryl: I'm not going to edit the crossbow any further, at least for now. Commit your edit if you will = No objections at all.

The halberd icon of yours is very nice already, but maybe a little too monochromatic and black&white. And maybe the steel parts could be toned very slightly towards blue or something like that? Actually I tried to add some colorful elements to it, but I didn't find out what it chould be. Actually I hadn't too much time to do it for I've been quite hurried recently.
Attachments
iceball-small1.png
iceball-small1.png (6.64 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
iceball-small2.png
iceball-small2.png (6.41 KiB) Viewed 6037 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Here are a few new icons - the club and sling have been edited from fmuñoz's originals.

Methinks the sling will work for both the large and small scale varieties, although if someone wants to come up with a very well-crafted looking sling for use by civilized races (humans, for one) - be my guest.
Attachments
club.png
club.png (4.72 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
sling.png
sling.png (6.19 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
pike.png
pike.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Etc. Knife is intended to be a human throwing knife, for the rogues. The assassins will get something similar, except with that lovable green goo dripping off of it.

Flaming sword is an edit of francisco's which in turn was an edit of ... something else. Yay, collaboration.

A heads to pickslide - I did an additional edit to the elvish sword you had submitted, just to bump it in line with the elven color scheme (and add one of those wushu-esque ribbons, simply to add more visual interest where I could).

I've also done some very minor edits to some of my own icons (quarterstaff, sabre), which I've committed.
Attachments
human-throwing-dagger.png
human-throwing-dagger.png (4.42 KiB) Viewed 5661 times
flaming-sword.png
flaming-sword.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 5663 times
elven-sword.png
elven-sword.png (4.31 KiB) Viewed 5661 times
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

:) Neat.

However the club looks...odd. It appears to have a straight haft then suddenly explode into 'lumpiness' at the end. Would it be better if it were warped and lumped along it's whole length.?

EDIT: The throwing knife doesn't particularly look like it would make a good missile weapon. However it does look cool, and I guess that's what counts.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Notable icons just sitting around until more work gets done/I get some inspiration to do these right (crossbow could probably be committed now, I'm just ... futzing - I want to try adding a ratchet to it):
Image Image Image Image

Icons that I've just committed:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

The latest batch is very impressive, especially the flaming sword, club and kunai.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Updated List:
Crossbow orcish
Cleaver (for ogres)
Wooden Training Sword
Ballista (again, will be very tough, you should probably use a reference)

Tentacle (for cuttlefish)
Spider fangs
Drake Slam
Drake Claws
Drake Fire Breath
Mud Fist (give it _thick_ fingers, and make it sloppy)
Yeti Fist (white fur, of course)

There are others, but these are the ones I'm not about to do myself.

Kestenvarn wrote:The latest batch is very impressive, especially the flaming sword, club and kunai.
Hush. That's a quasi-inside joke. :P er.... at least it was.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Yeah, I just remembered them complaining earlier: "WTF!!1 Thatz not daggr lol", so decided to spill the link.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Kestenvarn wrote:Yeah, I just remembered them complaining earlier: "WTF!!1 Thatz not daggr lol", so decided to spill the link.
Y RLY. TNX. (Seriously, though - that can be a (severe) annoyance, and I don't mind seeing it go.)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sweet! :D Although the flamesword looks odd - I can't se a blade at all, just a hilt. Maybe that's intentional.

BTW, What system are you using for the names of the images? Looking in SVN, the names aren't particularly consistent...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Leonhard
Art Contributor

Post by Leonhard »

Hi there!

After two monthes or three improving my skills in 3D 8) (just to reassure you, I just got from totally noob to clumsy), I felt like saying hello, and by the way asking someone for what (s)he considers being a historically/engineerily/physically/wesnothly correct ballista? I'd like to try one sometime, but I've no idea what you all think it should be.

If nobody answers, I'll take that for a granted permission to draw the Ballista of my Dreams (sadly limited by my talent and imagination :wink: )
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Dang, could swear I had a diagram of one. Maybe I can find it again...

Edit:
Check this out, even better.
Leonhard
Art Contributor

Post by Leonhard »

Thank you! I couldn't even imagine that, it was very instructive. I prefer models with a big bow rather than the torsion ones, what do you think?
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

Leonhard wrote:Thank you! I couldn't even imagine that, it was very instructive. I prefer models with a big bow rather than the torsion ones, what do you think?
Many of the ballistas I see in fantasy games looks like big bows and that style may be easier to represent in an attack icon.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

:| This project has dragged on a little too long.

8) But there's at least one easy way to solve that....

Notes:
• The human crossbow, long overdue for a commit, simply had a ratchet added to it.
• The "orcish" spear is, of course, for the goblins.
Attachments
spear-orcish.png
spear-orcish.png (3.56 KiB) Viewed 5000 times
crossbow-orcish.png
crossbow-orcish.png (5.69 KiB) Viewed 4999 times
crossbow-human.png
crossbow-human.png (4.65 KiB) Viewed 4997 times
bow-orcish.png
bow-orcish.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 4997 times