wizzardz: completed.

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shadow

Re: wizzardz: completed.

Post by Shadow »

kitty wrote:hrumph - that wasn't directed at you shadow! i just fear to find this in three month resurrected because somebody finds something doesn't resemble his interprestation of the sprite enough...

and for the philosophical debate - i'm not sure if the possibilities of dark magic really were included in the latest ethical discussions..... :P
Did I say that I read only read scientific tracts about these theme.^^
The depate got a new interesting push since they discovered the genome who is responsible for the age. Aside from practical problems I find the human part much more interesting. Sorry to drag this a bit off topic. I just felt obliged to express it. :P
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Shadow wrote:
kitty wrote:hrumph - that wasn't directed at you shadow! i just fear to find this in three month resurrected because somebody finds something doesn't resemble his interprestation of the sprite enough...

and for the philosophical debate - i'm not sure if the possibilities of dark magic really were included in the latest ethical discussions..... :P
Did I say that I read only read scientific tracts about these theme.^^
The depate got a new interesting push since they discovered the genome who is responsible for the age. Aside from practical problems I find the human part much more interesting. Sorry to drag this a bit off topic. I just felt obliged to express it. :P
Heh. Yeah, remind me to call up the dali lama for a little chat when we learn to raise the dead. :lol2:
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Slipping in some idle chatter to say good job on getting all these done, and making them all unique and interesting.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Commited to maintenance branch in revision 29428 and to trunk in revision 29427.

Great job as always. :D
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Jetrel

Re: wizzardz: NEW: Mr. Necromancer

Post by Jetrel »

kitty wrote:and jetryl...
its nice you let me know your thoughts on the mages and their magic. now. after i have finished. :annoyed:
i would *really* appeciate it if you already have such decided ideas about a faction (it's character, the outward appearance, the references, whatever) in your head if you let me know about them *before* i start working or at an early phase. ... that's too late. your the f***ing art director - if you want me to produce art, you'll have to offer a bit of *art direction* instead of telling me afterwards what you would have liked!
Yikes! I totally missed this post. :augh:

Uhm, I think what you made is perfect, and I don't see any contradiction between the ideas I posted, and what you drew. Same with the elves - I think the portraits are absolutely perfect for the faction.

:cry: I'm really sorry, though. I'll try and get all my ideas on the table before you go into things.

For what it's worth - I myself don't see any mismatch between the sprites and the portraits, or between my ideas and what you drew. Besides the point, you're practically co-art director, now, and your ideas carry a lot of their own weight.
kitty wrote:it's like last time you told me after i was done with the elves that you would have liked a more ragged, less medieval approach.
If you heard that from me, then I said it wrong. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Before you came here, 'ragged, warhammer-like elves' were one of the possibilities, (along with everything from disgaea-style super-deform anime, to imagery like jason lutes' old human portraits). But frankly, I'm glad we didn't go that direction. I'm glad you came here, because I like your style better.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Re: wizzardz: NEW: Mr. Necromancer

Post by wayfarer »

Jetryl wrote: Before you came here, 'ragged, warhammer-like elves' were one of the possibilities, ...
I'm glad you came here, because I like your style better.
Argh someone doesn't seem to stand blood. :mrgreen:
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
kitty
Retired Portrait Director

Post by kitty »

i'm sorry, too - i didn't want to worry you too much.

what's left of this stupid misunderstanding is that i would wish for a discussion on the style/references/idea/etc. of the next faction before i start working at it.
i feel honoured that you appreciate my ideas that much and luckily ours were close enough this time by chance but i would feel better if we could have a little brainstorming before next time (and two minds have always more and better ideas than one alone)...
but i'll have a little break from mainline wesnoth first.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

kitty wrote:what's left of this stupid misunderstanding is that i would wish for a discussion on the style/references/idea/etc. of the next faction before i start working at it.
i feel honoured that you appreciate my ideas that much and luckily ours were close enough this time by chance but i would feel better if we could have a little brainstorming before next time (and two minds have always more and better ideas than one alone)...
Okay. I'll make a point of outlining any ideas I have. You've probably already seen a bunch on the orcs, via thespaceinvader's portraits, and I've made a few quips about the dwarves.

In fact this might be a good subject for a new thread (probably in art development, because I fear something like this would probably incite a free-for-all in the open community. And normally I do like the open community's input, but I imagine a lot of people will just want to make wesnoth's setting a clone of whatever fantasy setting they're fond of.*)

* I am aware we're a stock tolkien knockoff. But bear with me. :lol2: