Version text visibility on title-screen

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Version text visibility on title-screen

Post by Iris »

:| I don't think I have any issues with my eyes, so I assumed that after Jetryl's change of main menu background on revision r26200 to use Kest's new Wesnoth map many of us would not see correctly the version text on screen.

Therefore, I quickly made a small fix in the C++ side to cast a 75% opaque shadow beneath the version text:
Screenshot of 1.4.1+svn
Screenshot of 1.4.1+svn
cast_a_shadow2.png (215.94 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
This hack has been commited both to the 1.4 branch and trunk. I tested initially with a 50% opaque shadow on trunk, but I decided that the version text was still hard to distinguish against the background.

As a consequence, the non-shaded new map made by Kest could be used yet again in my opinion. Jetryl used a shaded version of that map according to the commit log:
svn log /data/core/images/map/mainmenu.jpg wrote:r26200 | jetryl | 2008-04-27 23:40:34 -0400 (Sun, 27 Apr 2008) | 1 line

Replaced my old hack with kestenvarn's newest HttT map, faded slightly for readability on the main screen.
I'm still unsure whether this, and the map change, should have been done in the 1.4 branch to begin with.
Last edited by Iris on April 28th, 2008, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated with a screenshot after adding the box padding Ivanovic requested on IRC
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.