kitty's elvish portraits

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kitty
Retired Portrait Director

Post by kitty »

hello again - thank you all for your comments! here is another version of her. she is still unfinished, but you get the general impression, i suppose.

@ wayfarer: i removed the bib (i didn't see it that way before :shock:) and tried to connect the lower and the upper half of her dress more...

@ groovy: thank you for the input! you were right about the arms - are they better now? i also changed her eyes slightly.

@ jetryl: added leaves to the staff - better now? or should there be even more? i did not wnt to crowd it too much...
Attachments
sorceress02.png
sorceress02.png (116.66 KiB) Viewed 8582 times
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Very nice. :shock:

On the side. Now absolute!
Well the bands in your first version, 2 different colors sets, quadratical shape, I couldn't help but it reminded me almost of a dirndl. Image
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Sexy 8)
Well, I really like it. Rock on.

Alright, I'll shut up now, before some art-dev finds me :)
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The eyebrows look kind of strange, I think. They seem too arched. Good other than that.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
kitty

Post by kitty »

:D thank you all for your nice comments!

@ turin: i see what you mean about the eybrows - they look more artificial than in the other ones - but i like that look, it makes her a bit more strange and sorceress-ish to me... :?

other than that i would call her done. only one to go! yay!
Attachments
sorceress03.png
sorceress03.png (68.48 KiB) Viewed 10390 times
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

Nice, as always. :)

The necklace-thing hanging from her cloak-brooch contraption looks a little bit as if it's made of dried noodles, but I think that's just me. (So don't change it)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

kitty wrote:other than that i would call her done. only one to go! yay!
One more? Um... Enchantress, Sylph... am I missing anyone?

Anyway, I love your job, and although I'm probably not speaking for the rest of the developers (because I was a simple user until just recently), I think this project can be proud of having such excellent artists working voluntarily for it.

Or something like that. Disregard if you didn't understand me. :P
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

probably the sorceress missing IIRC
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
kitty

Re: kitty's elvish portraits | NEW: sorceress

Post by kitty »

in most cases one portrait for level two and three works - thus i intended her for enchantness and sorceress and only the sylph would get her own portrait.

but since nobody knows with what jetryl will come up for enchantness and sylph, we will see if that plan will work...

@urs: hmmm - noodles.... now i am hungry. (serious: does anybody els get that impression?)
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Ehrm cough
* sounds of crickets.

Yes we do get the impression. :P
Now seriously I think it is a minor issue (if even) and doesn't distracts from the portrait.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Am I the only one, then, who doesn't think of noodles with the portrait?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Hey namesake the question is not if we get the same impression. The question is does this minor issue justifies a massive edit (with little achievement)for a portrait that is already very good. :)

-Ghost Fields
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Noodles? Huh?

...I guess once it was pointed out I can kind of see how they could be interpreted as noodles (I think he means the "wacky mac" variety), but no, it doesn't really look like that.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

please, Kitty, don't worry about. It was just a passing resemblance, and it certainly doesn't make the portrait any worse.
kitty

Post by kitty »

okay - i count two people with noodle impressions... sorry, you two, but i won't change them.
(i originally intended the necklaces to be made of various wood materials - stone, wood, amber, but i got lazy while rendering :P )

Edit: does anybody know if it's possible to restore the disappeared attatchments from the first twenty-something pages of this thread?