New swamp

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mille
Art Contributor

Swamp

Post by Mille »

Jetryl wrote:I like the new swamp color more. Not so sure about pulling the reeds back from the edge - how they blended into the grass was something I liked, but the color change is definitely good.

Your judgement is probably better than mine, though. :)
Well its a little time since i last visited Wesnoth due to my final exams but i´m very happy with many things in the final 1.2.

The one thing that really disturbed me is the new swamp.
The artwork itself is fine, but somehow i hate it like it is actually implemented.

Why? First of all it is much to much detailed for wesnoth i think. That is not a problem itself, but regarding the new swamp i think it makes the screen extremeley nervous. Especially a i find it very repetitive. Perhaps it is the right way, but if so there must be more variations and especially some with fewer seeds.

Don´t feel angered. I know how difficult it is to work on the terrains, but i tried to improve the the swamp sometime ago myself. So get it as simple feedback

Bye

Mille
Jetrel

Re: Swamp

Post by Jetrel »

Mille wrote:The one thing that really disturbed me is the new swamp.
The artwork itself is fine, but somehow i hate it like it is actually implemented.

Why? First of all it is much to much detailed for wesnoth i think. That is not a problem itself, but regarding the new swamp i think it makes the screen extremeley nervous. Especially a i find it very repetitive. Perhaps it is the right way, but if so there must be more variations and especially some with fewer seeds.
I for one really disagree with this, but thanks for sharing.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

As a general comment on the new swamp; I like it a lot, but often when making a map I find myself saying that I want a swamp tile that isn't so reed-filled. This has been suggested before, I'm just reiterating that another type of swamp tile would be much appreciated. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm